Official Hoppa fined $1125 for High tackle - Careless

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bullshit, was nothing in it really. At least he won’t miss any game time. BONUS.!!!

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Ramien got charged for a careless high tackle also. Didn’t get a fine or lose a game

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Pretty expensive clothesline

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Money hungry Greenberg..
Yep. It wouldn't surprise me to see him swimming in a wishing well to collect coins. Going back to the comments made by Hayne when he left for the NFL, the NRL supposedly even take a cut of players TPA's.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Tbh i would be all for replacing suspensions with cash fines. The bigger the offence, the bigger the fine. It will deter players as much if they get a big hit in the pocket, but would punish their teams less. Its not the teams fault after all. Why should they suffer? If you were on $500k a year, thats $20k per match. If you got 4 weeks fine instead of a 4 week suspension, that would be $80k. Im sure that would be a pretty big deterant. I know it would mean that a player on 100k would get 10% of the fine of someone on 1 million a year for the same thing, but i think its relative.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tbh i would be all for replacing suspensions with cash fines. The bigger the offence, the bigger the fine. It will deter players as much if they get a big hit in the pocket, but would punish their teams less. Its not the teams fault after all. Why should they suffer? If you were on $500k a year, thats $20k per match. If you got 4 weeks fine instead of a 4 week suspension, that would be $80k. Im sure that would be a pretty big deterant. I know it would mean that a player on 100k would get 10% of the fine of someone on 1 million a year for the same thing, but i think its relative.
If that was implemented you'd want to make sure you had 35 spare sets of shoelaces in the locker room as players would rarely tackle above the knees.

turveys asthma puffer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not bhed. Only down side i can see is that the likes of JWH would be decapitating blokes left right and centre knowing that uncle Nick would be happy to reimburse the fines wrapped in Brown Paper.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree in point, but dear for dollar is way too harsh. Imagine if you went to work and were told that you could lose a percentage of your wage every time you made a mistake? And 80k is a hell of a lot of money.
I do wonder where the money goes though. It should go to grassroots football or something similar. But it probably just says greenturds bonus.

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: Todd Greenberg eats margarine and promite crumpets..... what a douche!