Hoppa/Dufty swap

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
no swap
WHy do people want Dufty????

This isn't your standard st george signing we usually get right like Morris or Holdsworth.. this is a genuine st george DISCARD

Read this, tell me why you'd sign him

Him and Elliott in the same team we're already starting each game down between 18-24 points
Getting Morris was great but we hardly got the Holdsworth signing right. He was average as and part of some shocking Bulldogs teams. I agree on Dufty though.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Getting Morris was great but we hardly got the Holdsworth signing right. He was average as and part of some shocking Bulldogs teams. I agree on Dufty though.
Holdsworth went shocking. Thought if he doesn’t go down in that 06 prelim. We win the comp that year. Let that sink in.

EzyB

Banned
Reaction score
Baz is done as coach in my eyes if he signs Dufty. We literally just had him express his disappointment @ our lot that broke Covid protocol yet he will go and sign a REJECT that just done the exact same thing at another club? Wtf? This is Baz @ Manly all over again.
How would adding Duffty to the squad be getting a reject ?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Holdsworth went shocking. Thought if he doesn’t go down in that 06 prelim. We win the comp that year. Let that sink in.
I meant the horrible 2008 team more specifically. This years team makes that team look like 2002-2004 teams.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
no swap

This isn't your standard st george signing we usually get right like Morris or Holdsworth.. this is a genuine st george DISCARD

Him and Elliott in the same team we're already starting each game down between 18-24 points
Exactly this. People cried about DWZ kick defusals (which I agree were pretty bad) but he ranks in 5th spot compared to Dufty at 19th !!!! Shows how bad Dufty really is at that part of the game which is extremely important for a fullback

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How about my Elliot/Dufty minus line start? Is that agreeable also?
Exactly this. People cried about DWZ kick defusals (which I agree were pretty bad) but he ranks in 5th spot compared to Dufty at 19th !!!! Shows how bad Dufty really is at that part of the game which is extremely important for a fullback
I highlighted this many many times, DWZ has made errors yes which are big moment errors that stand out to us, but statistically he wasn't as bad as people made out.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How about my Elliot/Dufty minus line start? Is that agreeable also?

I highlighted this many many times, DWZ has made errors yes which are big moment errors that stand out to us, but statistically he wasn't as bad as people made out.
Haha. If anything you undersold it.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He might go to the UK if the offer is $200k more, say, $350k compared to the local ("fuck all") offer of, say, $150k. Who wouldn't go to the UK for $200k more, even if he didn't want to? Personally I'd take the $350k and give the "fuck off" to whoever offered the $150k.

Always a Bulldog
especially so given that Australia is so ridiculously expensive compared to other countries.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
no swap

I was all for Dufty until I read this article a few weeks ago and then I went completely the other way. If it is a swap though for Hopa for the rest of this year I can't really see any harm. It might not improve our defence but it will definitely improve our attack. Hopa isn't the best defender as we know and he offers absolutely nothing in attack so this deal would have to be an upgrade for us. If Dufty proves successful and learns how to defend a bit better from Barrett then he's worth considering for next year. Would come cheap plus remember with Meaney and DWZ gone now the only option we have for fullback is Allan and maybe Averillo and we haven't even see if Averillo can perform in that role. I have my doubts personally. He has no passing game.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Happy to see dufty traded for hoppa hopefully just for the rest of the season. Let’s see what he can do to demand another deal.

Dude can at least attack. Defence is shit.

Hoppa is just shit at both.

Pangai is a must. We fuck that up watch our next extension news be Napa pounding a poodle.
This is 110% true, can attack and brings speed to our slow as shit backline.
But defence is really suspect. I mean look at the way we beat them. Made us look like top 8 team

bullpup71

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ok with all ya bitching I don’t want this player I don’t want that player who the fuck do ya,s want there’s just no pleasing most of you we lack points this kid has them in spades .come on tell me .

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
In attack a good fullback has speed and alot of it, and just of important instinct backing up the play all the time waiting to pounce any opportunity. Baa done this playing 5/8. Slim pickings out there right now on offer. I watch our side when their is a half chance players are scratching their balls walking.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
happy for Hoppa to go if we get to use his money for something, would rather Vaughan than Dufty if we are looking at dragons rejects, which is depressing in itself.