Hoppa/Dufty swap

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Things are really all over the place for us. Signed Allen to play fullback but is a centre at best, Cotric as a centre but is a winger, JAC wants to try to be a fullback and who knows where Avo fits in. Add in Dufty who has positives and negatives but not a top line fullback.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it’s only for this year than I agree with you. In a lot of these cases another year or two gets tacked on to make both players happy with the swap and that’s what concerns me about it.
Yep agreed but at this stage Dufty has no other options for next year. Neither does Hoppa.

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Get it fucken done ASAP! Hoppa is completely useless and so is Meaney Did anyone watch Meaneys attempts at tackling last week? He literally watched them score 11 tries. Dufty can’t tackle either but atleast his support play and passing is very good.

Dufty
Okunbor
Allen
Shouup
Anyone

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Things are really all over the place for us. Signed Allen to play fullback but is a centre at best, Cotric as a centre but is a winger, JAC wants to try to be a fullback and who knows where Avo fits in. Add in Dufty who has positives and negatives but not a top line fullback.
Fullback ??

I thought we were looking at him to play hooker?

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm not thrilled if dufty comes... I actually think meany would be equal at least (admitting he didn't want to stay regardless) but not sure dufty adds much...

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I can see it already.....
The kennel right now - Dufty is shit.
The kennel as soon as Dufty sets up 2 try's and scores another 2 himself - best signing ever, he's exactly what we needed.
But that will be shortlived because dufty has never been consistent...

Dan2

Waterboy
Reaction score
Umm not a fan. Rumours about Dufty being a bad egg when it comes to team environment. Not needed at our club as we have enough issues trying to keep Elliot inline.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Defence can be taught. Anyone remember how terrible Barba was right at the very start? For a bargain price and with massive defensive tutorage he could be the signing of 2022.
Lol Barba had way way more talent than Dufty will ever have. Defence can be taught when you have courage, not when you’re scared of contact.

There is a reason why he hasn’t been picked up by another club yet. For all his attacking genius the other side of the game called defence is non existent. I could name you at least 5 or 6 clubs that could do with a better fullback… but no one seems interested.. doesn’t that tell you something?

Jabba

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Get it fucken done ASAP! Hoppa is completely useless and so is Meaney Did anyone watch Meaneys attempts at tackling last week? He literally watched them score 11 tries. Dufty can’t tackle either but atleast his support play and passing is very good.

Dufty
Okunbor
Allen
Shouup
Anyone
What an amazing backline?

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
If it’s only for this year than I agree with you. In a lot of these cases another year or two gets tacked on to make both players happy with the swap and that’s what concerns me about it.
Of course.
Why else would the players agree to it?

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Manly put 66-0 on us and your worried about a guys defence? Are you clowns serious? Dufty is a fun guy to be around....just ask his teammates and with our attack being poorer than a family of church mice he's a positive. His positioning in attack and support play is second to none. His ability to provide a link between halves and outside backs would be potent. He could potentially play FB or be more on the ball at 5/8 with Burton as half and Averillo FB maybe next year. I think he's misunderstood and Hook just couldn't get through to him.
There's no doubt we need a top drawer defensive coach next season. Furner just isn't working out. Whoever the new guy is, he can teach Dufty defensive positional play as well as the rest of the squad.
The games St George have done well in this season, playing expansive football have all been on the back of Dufty injecting himself into the play.
He's fit he's as quick as lightning and I'm a fan.
Get him here this year Trent then put something together for him going forward because I have confidence he could spark our attack...and I know he'd look good in blue and white.