News Hooper: D-Day looms for Pay as Dogs to decide coach’s fate in next 48 hours

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Believe that Pay will stay the year out as a $$$$ saver against paying for interim coach.Season is a write off anyway so can’t see the club spending coin on a new coach for the rest of this year.
Today’s review was held by assistant coaches with Pay not even attending,no sight or word on Dragon Tim either.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So will a decision be made today?
Don't count on it. This club isn't exactly proactive. It will probably get leaked in the media and then 72 hours later the club will put out a tweet confirming it.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We need a coach or coaches who can develop our young halves and teach our backs how to play not an ex forward with a barge it up one out mentality which has been the Bulldogs play book for the last 15years.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Believe that Pay will stay the year out as a $$$$ saver against paying for interim coach.Season is a write off anyway so can’t see the club spending coin on a new coach for the rest of this year.
Today’s review was held by assistant coaches with Pay not even attending,no sight or word on Dragon Tim either.
So is that why the club is going for Barrett...he’s the cheapest alternative. Would not surprise me in the slightest.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Only a starring role mate could be the big break I’ve been waiting on
To earn a lead role you’ll have to up the ante on the outrage and stupidity of what you post. I could suggest a couple of mentors around here if you need advice :-).

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I am not concerned if Dean Pay is moved on. However, the list of potential coaches is frightening.
Georgallis is way down the list. The only real option is Fitzgibbon, but I understand he may get the St George gig.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
To earn a lead role you’ll have to up the ante on the outrage and stupidity of what you post. I could suggest a couple of mentors around here if you need advice :-).
Shortest acting career ever

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well he played FB at the back end of the game last week so he'll probably get named their this week.
Pay has lost his marbles.
Why even bother with dwz in the 1st place. He doesnt have the qaulities of a fullback, as doesnt meaney of a winger.

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Getting rid of Pay now would do more damage to the team than by keeping him.

I hope the club stick by him in the short term and let him see out his contract for this year at least. I would even offer him a one year extension in the knowledge we are NOW cashed up to buy some high profile players in the next 6 months.

Some have short memories in that we put a string of wins together late in the comp over the last 2 seasons when we got players back from injury and blooded a few Canterbury Cup players like Lewis and Toomaga.

maybe it’s time to bring Lewis back to the bench at least. He’s kicking game can be frustrating at times as I’d like him to take the line on more than he does but he IS a very good defender.
Lmfao. Just wow.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our club would be dead by the end of the year, how is he still here if he’s not doing the review

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One of the candidates i will not divulge.

In regards to the great white shark. The great white shark is extinct for 2020. They are waiting to see if that extinct shark will be brought back to life in 2021 by the Shark and Marine Institute. He will be joined by the basking Shark who is continously a menace and has a lot to say....
Roger rubber ducky, this is the green hornet. So you are suggesting the drug cheat from Cheatulla to be joined by Micheal Ennis.. Either that or Greg Norman has given up golf and wants to coach footy and has also been assigned to build a 18 hole luxury course at Belmore as part of Stadium Bullfrog Resort..?

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roger rubber ducky, this is the green hornet. So you are suggesting the drug cheat from Cheatulla to be joined by Micheal Ennis.. Either that or Greg Norman has given up golf and wants to coach footy and has also been assigned to build a 18 hole luxury course at Belmore as part of Stadium Bullfrog Resort..?
I think you got it.
I cant stand Flanagan but I cant stand losing even more so as much as I don't want him at the club, I'll take it. I do like Ennis being involved in some capacity.