News Hooper: D-Day looms for Pay as Dogs to decide coach’s fate in next 48 hours

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
That rarely happens though remember all the talk about Manly players following Des when he first came over? We ended up with Trex and that was it :tearsofjoy:
You have to admit T Rex was in peak form when he signed with us. Just didn’t ever get to that top form playing for us

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What’s wrong with Toovey seriously great win record and can coach

Only negative he’s a manly man but the guy is desperate to coach and would command respect would take him over Barrett any day

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s been tough for Deano for a lot of reasons. But it’s a results based industry and we have had terrible results. A few wins at the tail end of last year that were not followed up this year doesn’t really cut it. We have actually regressed this year in my opinion so somebody has to take ownership and unfortunately the board aren’t going to sack themselves and say we failed to recruit Players and adequate coaching staff etc..and Deano is a good bloke and deserves a chance with a good roster... no they will sack Deano soon. You can’t have a zoom meeting to recruit a marque player and the coach is not in the meeting.. I’m sorry that is just amateur hour...if true..

Last edited:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What’s wrong with Toovey seriously great win record and can coach

Only negative he’s a manly man but the guy is desperate to coach and would command respect would take him over Barrett any day
Yup agree. I’ve mentioned his name quite a few times also.!!

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Anyone stop to think where the errors come from?
We go out there against the broncos and they out muscle us like every other team.
We allow the opposition to stride up field. We arent quick and agile to get to our feet not to give away 6 agains
We dont hurt teams when we are defending. Theres no Dogs of War. We are powder puffs and week as piss.
Strength and conditioning, fuck off. Massive fail.
We are always back pedaling and digging ourselves out of our half.
We dont play with confidence, vigor. Our forwards dont run over the top of our opposition.
We are deer in the headlights in defense for the most part.
Is it any wonder we make errors and play dumb football.
You can blame the players all you like but what about the coaching staff?

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
What makes me laugh even harder is you and Bilal following me around the forum like a pair of degenerates. Has the Mrs stopped sleeping with you? Surely there’s a more productive way to utilise your spare time? PM me if you wanna get the ball rolling on your football club membership.
You kind of make it easy for the Kennelers with shit for brain comments

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Barrett isn’t the right coach for our club. He’s a million to one to coach us. I heard Griffin in commentary has said he has desire to coach in the NRL again but not sure he’d be the right fit for our club either. Has a lot experience and knowledge but from what I heard from when he was at Penrith is that he didn’t get on with Gould and vice versa as they’re both hard heads who don’t like to be spoken to as they’ve been around to long to cop that crap. Their way or the highway. Club legend T Lamb would have the respect of the players and he’s had success as coach at a lower level but he’s an unknown coach at NRL level. I’m still sticking by PAY for at least one more season as I believe he deserves a chance with a better roster. Otherwise give Georgallis a shot and bring back Dymock as assistant.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hypothetically if gus is advising the club, would you agree with his recommendation for coach?
Barrett isn’t the right coach for our club. He’s a million to one to coach us. I heard Griffin in commentary has said he has desire to coach in the NRL again but not sure he’d be the right fit for our club either. Has a lot experience and knowledge but from what I heard from when he was at Penrith is that he didn’t get on with Gould and vice versa as they’re both hard heads who don’t like to be spoken to as they’ve been around to long to cop that crap. Their way or the highway. Club legend T Lamb would have the respect of the players and he’s had success as coach at a lower level but he’s an unknown coach at NRL level. I’m still sticking by PAY for at least one more season as I believe he deserves a chance with a better roster. Otherwise give Georgallis a shot and bring back Dymock as assistant.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I know gus likes tim sheens.
Yeah but he’s been out of the NRL for a long time? I don’t think there is an easy answer here.. but whoever comes in will need good support staff that is a given..

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We could do worse, he is a master tactician that's for sure.
Yeah but he’s been out of the NRL for a long time? I don’t think there is an easy answer here.. but whoever comes in will need good support staff that is a given..

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Funny how the “same roster” won I believe 6 out of the last 8 games last year and something similar thE year before ???

but yet it’s our rosters fault
Not the moron picking players out of position
Not the moron that hasn’t improved a single players ability which is the prime role of a coach at any level

that same roster showed how competitive it can be

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Funny how the “same roster” won I believe 6 out of the last 8 games last year and something similar thE year before ???

but yet it’s our rosters fault
Not the moron picking players out of position
Not the moron that hasn’t improved a single players ability which is the prime role of a coach at any level

that same roster showed how competitive it can be
And still with how we finished last year we were tipped to come second last this year. I wonder why that is. I wonder why losing one of our only two attacking forwards before a ball is kicked would hurt. I wonder why no Hopoate or Elliott also makes a massive difference to our team. Take a couple of good players out of the Manly team and look how they go.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And still with how we finished last year we were tipped to come second last this year. I wonder why that is. I wonder why losing one of our only two attacking forwards before a ball is kicked would hurt. I wonder why no Hopoate or Elliott also makes a massive difference to our team.
Didn’t I ask u to ignore my post as I would to yours?
Plz reinstate that rule ASAP

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What makes me laugh even harder is you and Bilal following me around the forum like a pair of degenerates. Has the Mrs stopped sleeping with you? Surely there’s a more productive way to utilise your spare time? PM me if you wanna get the ball rolling on your football club membership.
Bit paranoid mate I never replied to your post,but my comment obviously cut close to the bone eh? Lol

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
terry lamb has coached at NRL level . He was tigers first grade coach when hoppa went all crouching tiger hidden finger. He has a bad record too .

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And still with how we finished last year we were tipped to come second last this year. I wonder why that is. I wonder why losing one of our only two attacking forwards before a ball is kicked would hurt. I wonder why no Hopoate or Elliott also makes a massive difference to our team. Take a couple of good players out of the Manly team and look how they go.
Elliots been out for 1 game and hoppa 2, just stop clown