Opinion Hooker Potential Bradley Dietz

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He looked okay but he came on at a time when we had all the ball and all the first tier players went off. Hard to gauge on that performance. Service looked good though and he was a threat around the ruck
Agreed. Would have like to have seen him come on earlier for more mins. Shame we dont have another trial to start him for first half.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I was against the Brandon Smith signing... However I think him and Deitz could be a excellent rotation, so long as Cheese would be willing to move to Lock with Jackson benched when Deitz comes on.

rogueflare

popeye
Reaction score
He did look really good. So did Schoupp (sp.?)

Remember though, they came on when Sharks’ second team came on. Doubt Dietz would have scored that try if Sharks’ first team was on. Quick, has the vision, but remember who his opponents were.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He did look really good. So did Schoupp (sp.?)

Remember though, they came on when Sharks’ second team came on. Doubt Dietz would have scored that try if Sharks’ first team was on. Quick, has the vision, but remember who his opponents were.
Yes the sharks,who made the 8 last year,and we finished 2nd last.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
20 mins was enough to know he is our best 9. 2 line breaks 1 try & I didn't see him miss a tackle think he threw 1 forward pass from dummy half though
I also noticed a couple of times he could easily change direction with his passes also at the very last second - ie: he went to pass left then saw right was the better option so passed right and seemed so natural for him (experienced). Quick acceleration. Yes the Sharks defenders might have been average but if JMK were playing today's game I'd bet my life he wouldn't have delivered the same service or the try.

Ripley

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Enthusiasm should be tempered. Yes he was impressive Reggies v Reggies, very impressive.

But he’s also been playing Reggies since 2014 with a couple of missed seasons ‘15 & ‘18 through... injury? form? Played 77 Reggie games so I’d suggest if he could consistently show that form across those 77 Reggie games that he showed in 20 mins of Reggie football tonight he would’ve been playing NRL a long time ago or be the biggest superstar in Reggie football.

Small steps - how about he just does that again in the next Reggie game before we have him as the answer to all of Leagues greatest mysteries.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He looks like Will from the Inbetweeners when he takes his glasses off! Feisty one you are!

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
“He nearly kicked that ball to Wollongong and he is a bit dirty on that but he is a good little player, who has come up on a train-and-trial contract with us,” Barrett said.

“He is a school teacher so he has been in and out of training the last few weeks trying to sort his work out but I thought he took his opportunity tonight and did well.”