Opinion Hook the hooker.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
the bulldogs tried their hardest to make lichaa happen, including getting rid of ennis and the cook
It’s like they can’t swallow their pride and admit they are wrong and hoping he turns into a gun. But he does basics wrong. He’s only Massey cup standard.

If we can’t find a quality hooked n the outer then throw in JMK and give him one more shot and if not, clear the cap for 2020

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Btw why am I considered a troll for suggesting Foran at number 9?
Seems so obvious to me. He hasn’t he ball skills but isn’t working at 7. And lichaa doesn’t work full stop

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Just buy Jamie Burher, he cant get a run in the Knights 17 and would be a better 9 than JMK and Lichaa combined. Plus Burher has played there before and can back up in the back row and ball play. Even Mitch Rein would be ok.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dean Pay has to share blame, he continues to name him in the 13... it’s ridiculous. Just change it up, I really don’t care if it’s JMK, Foran, whoever, heck, I’d even throw in Elliott at hooker, at least he can pass as a former 5/8. He reminds me of Adam Perry.
He reminds me of ronald mcdonald or a chook with its head cut off

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just buy Jamie Burher, he cant get a run in the Knights 17 and would be a better 9 than JMK and Lichaa combined. Plus Burher has played there before and can back up in the back row and ball play. Even Mitch Rein would be ok.
Rein is 10x the player that Lichaa is, even without being a star of the game... The biggest problem about persisting with Lichaa is that he frustrates the players around him, especially the halves.. I remember when JR threw the ball at him lol :laughing:

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Rein is 10x the player that Lichaa is, even without being a star of the game... The biggest problem about persisting with Lichaa is that he frustrates the players around him, especially the halves.. I remember when JR threw the ball at him lol :laughing:
I remember that to ahahah it was against the Warriors. Watching it then i was like oh you can’t do that but now I wish the ball hit him so hard Lichaa was forced into retirement

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
When is pay going to realise lichha is a dud he takes 10 minutes too pass the ball our backs get the ball with defence all over him ,when jmk came on he was giving bullet passes off the ground give him a crack to start i reckon our attack will benefit

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
When is pay going to realise lichha is a dud he takes 10 minutes too pass the ball our backs get the ball with defence all over him ,when jmk came on he was giving bullet passes off the ground give him a crack to start i reckon our attack will benefit
Pay is too conservative and isn't into modern day coaching theories is my take. He wants an 80 minute DH and figures JMK can't last...that's about the only reason I can see why he persists with Lichaa.

As we know there have been other glaring decisions of players out of position and changing their defending sides, changed combos that worked last season, and an apparent willingness to put up with less than 100% effort and/or ability.

It's an average roster for sure, but most judges can see where improvements could be made and should have happened in preparation for Game 1 2019. I'd like to know if our football committee including Anderson, Mortimer, Dunn, Price...all ex players from our glory years, agree with the selections and if they too feel this is the best team we can put on the field.

To compound this situation is the fact that it is almost exactly the same scenario that the club and fans suffered under Hasler. Early days yet for the season and we don't know if Dean will pick the same team for the following week if we lose to the Eels but that's why supporters are worried...very worried.