Opinion Hook the hooker.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
What's going on with Mitch Rein? is he out injured? thought he was pretty good last year

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jack Cogger had a really good game in the reggies. Hes a tough little bugger who gives good service. I think he would be better than Lichaa.

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I have been banging on about how crap Lichaa is for years.
And note his poor pass with the wrap play that spoiled one of the few on line attacks we had all game.

But to be fair Lichaa is not our biggest problem right now. Which is a worry in itself

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be surprised if Pay names an unchanged lineup

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
JMK isn’t going to magically change the team at all. Hooker and centre are our Achilles heel and there is no solution for either this season.
Achilles heel? It looked like our entire anatomy was made of Foran on Saturday! :p

Gubanaculum

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just watched the game again, every time hopper went dummy half we looked dangerous!!!! left field thought!!!! hopper at 9 meany at 1 !!!!! holland and hopper could swap during the game .... jackson has to be 13 in the middle with martin on the right elliot bench , napa bench rfm frontrow ,chn left secondrow.

Last edited:

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We can talk all we want. How our club didn’t sign a decent hooker or fb since we lost Ennis and barba is one question I would never understand. Ennis was our captain and anchor and we kicked him to the curb. The old board is the past but my god they have done a good job fucking up so many years of great footy that could have been.

I’m all for signing segs or rein or anyone that can at minimum provide a decent service in attack and defend well. Licha blames des for not kicking the ball etc etc but the kid just doesn’t have it in him. What excuse does he have now. You have hookers like smith and cook who can kick from dummy half and take pressure off the halves. Heck even a washed up farah had mom and carved up. How blind do the dumb shit board need to be to understand our problem.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ben Marschke played well in reserve grade. Looked like a star compared to Lichaa just doing the basics. Made like 37 tackles with quick delivery passing from hooker and some nice runs out of dummy half.

Lichaa slow passing absolute kills any momentum that we try to build. Dude is a complete dud. The Moses Mbye of Hooker.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been banging on about how crap Lichaa is for years.
And note his poor pass with the wrap play that spoiled one of the few on line attacks we had all game.

But to be fair Lichaa is not our biggest problem right now. Which is a worry in itself
He's the worst hooker in the comp and that's a major problem, but knowing Pay he'll be their against Parra f**king up plays and butchering tries.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ben Marschke played well in reserve grade. Looked like a star compared to Lichaa just doing the basics. Made like 37 tackles with quick delivery passing from hooker and some nice runs out of dummy half.

Lichaa slow passing absolute kills any momentum that we try to build. Dude is a complete dud. The Moses Mbye of Hooker.
Licha can’t pass wide enough

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He's the worst hooker in the comp and that's a major problem, but knowing Pay he'll be their against Parra f**king up plays and butchering tries.
Our biggest problem is creating go forward and quick play-the-balls to play of the back off.
No point playing heads up footy if you are running at a set defensive line.

Lichaa compounds this problem with:
1. Taking and extra second or 2 to pass the ball.
2. His inconsistant passing makes the runners hesitate, so even if its a good pass they are not hitting the line or executing the play at the speed they should be.
Not to mention
3. His inaccurate passing seems to spoils plays at critical times.

Lichaa is so shit not even Super League teams want him, yet he is still our 9 after 3 years of failure!

JMK is a better option until we can get a replacement. But Pay has a hard on for Lichaa for some reason?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'd give Lichaa 20 minutes this match to sort his shit out. If not he gets hooked and play JMK for the entire game (and following game drop Lichaa to bench or beyond).

Technically you could bring in Holland at hooker and debut Harper.

Not in Top 30. Then again how John Olive is astounds me.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'd play Holland at hooker. Bettee than Lichaa or JMK

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Called it. Pay has named them 1-17 again. He must not have been appalled from what he saw....

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dean Pay has to share blame, he continues to name him in the 13... it’s ridiculous. Just change it up, I really don’t care if it’s JMK, Foran, whoever, heck, I’d even throw in Elliott at hooker, at least he can pass as a former 5/8. He reminds me of Adam Perry.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
This is the sole reason I don’t trust Pay at all. Because this guy is still in the number 9, and like I keep saying here (and getting a lot of likes and best post emojis when I say it) he made it his priority to re-sign him when hired as coach. It’s a joke if he ever plays first grade again, by far the worst number 9 to have played 100 games in the history of the NRL. Why not target Segeyaro? Did you know he’s on the outer at a neighbouring club? Nasheed.