News Hook Hooked

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't understand some clubs (ours can be included), you are either committed or you are not.

What good does it do firing managers a qtr of the way into a season? Do dragons really think they have a squad better than where they are on the table? Why not fire him in the off season and start fresh rather than 'see how he goes'?
I actually do think their roster is one of around 6th-12th and so I'm not surprised they feel they should be doing better.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny, where ever Moses Mybe goes. Within a couple of years- the attack becomes impotent, the team is destined for the spoon and the coach gets the sack.
He is the epitome of talking it up and produce nothing.

It becomes infectious and others start doing the same. Not long after, the players that actually do put in, get agitated with the Mbye types, but by then there's too many in the Mbye club and infighting starts.

It results in poorer performances and ultimately the wooden spoon. But not before some coaches lose their jobs....

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is the epitome of talking it up and produce nothing.

It becomes infectious and others start doing the same. Not long after, the players that actually do put in, get agitated with the Mbye types, but by then there's too many in the Mbye club and infighting starts.

It results in poorer performances and ultimately the wooden spoon. But not before some coaches lose their jobs....
Yes NATO - no action, talk only

He’s been on my shit list ever since he talked shit about the dogs after leaving us, then became captain of the tigers, and had a stint in Origin - pure fairytale stuff.

It’s always a pleasure for me when the dogs beat whatever team he plays for.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Regardless of wether anyone thinks Hook can coach or not, he has been royaly fucked over at 3 clubs, Broncs for Bennett, Penrith for Bennett but it ended up being Cleary and now by the Dragqueens..

Utterly unprofessional manner in the way they have managed his exit from the club. Hooks style of coaching may not cut it anymore but he didnt deserve what he got.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Regardless of wether anyone thinks Hook can coach or not, he has been royaly fucked over at 3 clubs, Broncs for Bennett, Penrith for Bennett but it ended up being Cleary and now by the Dragqueens..

Utterly unprofessional manner in the way they have managed his exit from the club. Hooks style of coaching may not cut it anymore but he didnt deserve what he got.
There does seem to be a pattern there though. If reports are to believed he couldn't communicate with his players properly and even asked his staff how he could improve as a coach but ignored their suggestions. Plus he seemed to fancy over the hill players and neglected juniors

He's a relic stuck in his time imo

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There does seem to be a pattern there though. If reports are to believed he couldn't communicate with his players properly and even asked his staff how he could improve as a coach but ignored their suggestions. Plus he seemed to fancy over the hill players and neglected juniors

He's a relic stuck in his time imo
That’s why I said his coaching style had passed it’s time, however until he went Saints he had a 60% win record.. Compare that to most NRL coaches and he is a winner, albeit on the way out with his style with the current “metro sexual I have feelings please don’t shout at me or tell me the truth players”..

Im only talking about the shit way he has been terminated, nothing else.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That’s why I said his coaching style had passed it’s time, however until he went Saints he had a 60% win record.. Compare that to most NRL coaches and he is a winner, albeit on the way out with his style with the current “metro sexual I have feelings please don’t shout at me or tell me the truth players”..

Im only talking about the shit way he has been terminated, nothing else.
Fair enough from the dragons, the whole situation could have been handle much better.
Thought he was shafted at the broncos too but you only need to look at the roster he had at his disposal at the panthers, he underachieved there and deserved the boot imo

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fair enough from the dragons, the whole situation could have been handle much better.
Thought he was shafted at the broncos too but you only need to look at the roster he had at his disposal at the panthers, he underachieved there and deserved the boot imo
Only if you think a 60% win record is under achieving I suppose. Gus wanted to punt him because he had a commitment from Bennett. If Bennett coached that squad instead of Cleary that might already be Triple premiership winners..

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Only if you think a 60% win record is under achieving I suppose. Gus wanted to punt him because he had a commitment from Bennett. If Bennett coached that squad instead of Cleary that might already be Triple premiership winners..
Yeah probably. But that's all hindsight now and i don't see griffin getting another gig any time soon

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Yeh ruthless ***** in professional sport.I've got nothing against the bloke at all, hope he got a good chunk of "go fishing" money for the rest of the year..can see what's what and maybe take a step back for next year, assistant or recruitment or similar.

Do him and Bennett get on?

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeh ruthless ***** in professional sport.I've got nothing against the bloke at all, hope he got a good chunk of "go fishing" money for the rest of the year..can see what's what and maybe take a step back for next year, assistant or recruitment or similar.

Do him and Bennett get on?
I’m not sure mate if they even know each other, maybe hit old mate @Isaac up… :tearsofjoy:

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Madone. You know how many times I got kicked in the fuckin balls ? first it was the the Russian that killed 16 czechoslovakians, fuckin interior decorator, then that fuckin malignant **** Minn Matrone, then this miserable spic shit. Why you makin me remember this ???
Yeah but you were fkn hiding the sauce packets....