News Hook Hooked

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't understand some clubs (ours can be included), you are either committed or you are not.

What good does it do firing managers a qtr of the way into a season? Do dragons really think they have a squad better than where they are on the table? Why not fire him in the off season and start fresh rather than 'see how he goes'?

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We all knew that he was a dead man walking weeks ago & we aren't journalists.

Dribbler strikes again.
LOL what you got against Mr Weidler?
It costs nothing to say something kind. Even less to shut up altogether. Right? haha

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's about time they fired him. Put Hornby in as interim until they find a coach for next year. Griffin's pets like Mbye won't be happy with the news.

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't understand some clubs (ours can be included), you are either committed or you are not.

What good does it do firing managers a qtr of the way into a season? Do dragons really think they have a squad better than where they are on the table? Why not fire him in the off season and start fresh rather than 'see how he goes'?
Dragons finished 15th in McGregor's final full season. In the year he quit, they finished 12th. Under Hook, they've finished 11th, followed by 10th. Given it can take a couple of years for new coaches to get things moving their way, the upward trajectory (albeit gradual) was likely enough to get him this season instead of an axing in the pre-season.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think hunt will stay to the dragons, he's apparently on a pretty good deal so unless the situation become that untenable and he's so blindy loyal to griffin he'll stay put and see out his deal imo

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Imagine my surprise, he has been a dead man walking since last year.Even the most hopeful of optimists could see he was G.O.N gone before a ball was kicked

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If true that's probably it for Griffin. Sacked by 3 clubs is hard to come back from.

If Dragons opt for Ryles, I reckon they'll have similar issues as Griffin. They need an established coach.

Could it be that we are about to see the return of either Shane Flanagan, or Des Hasler?