Honest choice on the jab

Would you still get the jab if it wasn't mandatory?

• Yes

Votes: 43 79.6%
  • No

Votes: 11 20.4%

• Total voters

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Hey guys, I would like to see how many of us would take the jab IF we didn't have all these restrictions IE lockdowns, vax passports, working and all that.

You can vote anonymously so you can vote the way you feel.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Seems pretty obvious to me. Reduces the chance you'll get sick, reduces the chance you'll die, reduces how long you carry it for, reduces the chance you'll infect someone else, very small chance of adverse reaction.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Absolutely, based on the illness and death rates between the vaccinated and unvaccinated BUT I arranged to be vaccinated faster due to the restrictions

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Tbh bro I feel like it’s similar to the iPhone releases.. there will be a few glitches early on but will get better over time. I’d like to wait until a more natural vax is developed and administered but I chose to get vaccinated now 1) due to the lockdowns and restrictions 2) more importantly didn’t want to put my family at risk.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Strange thing to me is god knows if I’ve already had carona anyway. Maybe I have and it was mild. If I had I probably wouldn’t of bothered with vax, not real sure

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Tbh bro I feel like it’s similar to the iPhone releases.. there will be a few glitches early on but will get better over time. I’d like to wait until a more natural vax is developed and administered but I chose to get vaccinated now 1) due to the lockdowns and restrictions 2) more importantly didn’t want to put my family at risk.
But iPhones still suck arse lol

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Absolutely - the day AZ became available to my cohort was the day I was inoculated (as did the majority of my eligible friends and family).

Reasons : see all the above. A no-brainer.

(...and it's not mandatory - but I know what you mean!)
Yeah, just wanted to keep it simple by saying mandatory.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I got vaxed as soon as I could. Was even more of a no-brainer for me cause I am a nurse and with ICU experience (but currently working in community) and therefore any time there is an outbreak and they need more nurses in ICU I get the call-up

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll admit it, I wasn't for it straight away. Quite hesitant to be honest but I changed my mind. Got first dose getting second dose at end of the month. The lockdown/freedom stuff did push me into jumping the gun. End of the day I still chose to get it done. Plus I want to get to Japan god dammit!!

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yeah I got vaxed as soon as I could. Was even more of a no-brainer for me cause I am a nurse and with ICU experience (but currently working in community) and therefore any time there is an outbreak and they need more nurses in ICU I get the call-up
Off topic but God bless you my bro. Nurses are angels.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Thought it was a no brainer. Its not like we were first in the world, like those in countries like the UK where it was now or never for them. By the time i got jabbed, probably a billion people around the world had had at least one shot themselves, with little by way of serious adverse reactions.

in the last 4 years, i have taken my kids to get jabbed heaps of times, least i could so as an adult was have a couple myself :grinning:

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll admit it, I wasn't for it straight away. Quite hesitant to be honest but I changed my mind. Got first dose getting second dose at end of the month. The lockdown/freedom stuff did push me into jumping the gun. End of the day I still chose to get it done. Plus I want to get to Japan god dammit!!
The wheels are in motion jerry
In the first major move to reopening international travel, a new digital pass has been announced for vaccinated Aussies.

2 min read
September 14, 2021 - 9:02AM

NEWS.COM.AU1:24
How to prove you've had your COVID-19 vaccinations

NOW PLAYING
Resume

2:32
UP NEXT

• CHO challenges NSW residents to reach 90 per cent first-dose by next week
    4:19
    Cancel

• October reopening date set for NSW: 'Freedom Day'
    1:16

With new freedoms for fully vaccinated people on the horizon in New South Wales, you'll soon need to be able to prove your immunisation status.

Australians will be handed a new pass for overseas travel, after it was announced the Federal Government had selected an IT firm to develop the technology for a new ‘digital border’ document.
In a joint statement with Minister Stuart Robert and Home Affairs Minister Karen Andrews, the new Digital Passport Declaration (DPD) – developed by IT firm Accenture – would replace the physical incoming passenger card and the Covid-19 Australian Travel Declaration web form.
The new digital passport will essentially capture a passenger’s vaccination status up to 72 hours prior to boarding, with the information obtained within the pass – such as travel, health and vaccine status – able to be shared with the Federal Government, state and territory public health authorities.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
there should be a proof of unvaccinated passport to protect the unvaccinated from the vaccinated when the vaccine wears off