Rumour Home sick

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is one dimensional bro, he is a dinosaur prop. If he has a quiet game he gets dominated.

The traditional prop is becoming extinct. The Payne Haas mould is the new prop.
Agreed.

I'm really hoping though that we won't have to look further than our own current squad & TBaz can bring the best out of Ogden & Renouf who are both off contract at seasons end.

You'd think that if he sees enough in these guy early, we could tie them down at a really good price & allow us to spend good coin elsewhere where required. A little concerned about the reports of laziness on Ogdens behalf in training though. Let's hope the penny drops soon.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Be open minded !
I am going to stick my neck out and ask...
What if Klemmer had a legit reason to desert us ?
Do you still value his game as an enforcer ?
How much would you be willing to pay for his services ?

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be open minded !
No room for him and , no don't want him back. If there was a reason he should have explained it, let him see out his days in Newcastle

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be open minded !
Wasn't it something to do with him not getting his third party payments
I'd rather we explore all other options before we settle on Klemmer TBH. Look for another young gun prop (instead of re-signing Napa or signing Lodge)

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Be open minded !
Id say its his manager trying to get him more $$ and get a commission as klem previously managed himself which is what happened as he got rumoured to be close to a mill,in saying that if he was remorseful with a pay drop id certainly take him at napas expense

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wasn't it something to do with him not getting his third party payments
I'd rather we explore all other options before we settle on Klemmer TBH. Look for another young gun prop (instead of re-signing Napa or signing Lodge)
100%, Klemmer lost a lot of money on TPA and the chiefs were clueless
Napa is a NAPER and Lodge is like Jekyll & Hyde

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Be open minded !
A kebab and a can he can of coke....he can share it with Chloe, that is if she lets him.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Klemmer was probably the best player to come through the junior grades at the 'Dogs since SBW and on quality alone would walk straight back into the 'Dogs starting team

but the manner in which he walked out of the club while still under contract is too big an issue IMO and demonstrates that Klemmer is at best unreliable and at worst... well...

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If we were going to take any Night's props I would much prefer either of the Saifiti's than Klem!!
If true Klemmer is the one on the outer at NC...It makes a difference

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Klemmer was probably the best player to come through the junior grades at the 'Dogs since SBW and on quality alone would walk straight back into the 'Dogs starting team

but the manner in which he walked out of the club while still under contract is too big an issue IMO and demonstrates that Klemmer is at best unreliable and at worst... well...
I agree it wasn’t the best exit however if true he was screwed over lots of tpa $$ i dont know many on here wouldn’t carry on if their employer didn’t pay what was promised

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree it wasn’t the best exit however if true he was screwed over lots of tpa $$ i dont know many on here wouldn’t carry on if their employer didn’t pay what was promised
Mason said something similar leading to his exit at the end of the 2007 season and if true, I will eat my words... but just as the Spartans once pointed out - "if"

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t rate him as an enforcer. There is a reason he was on the decline at rep level and if you recall he actually wasn’t picked for a game late in the series last year and then recalled only due to injury. He also said something like one of the best moments of his career was putting on a newcastle jersey? Would have to be one hell of an apology/explanation and a significant pay cut to what he’s on- unless knights contribute to his current salary.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Be open minded !
Only ever played with aggression in rep teams. So while I see him as a good source of metres, I don't see him as an enforcer at club level. I'm not enthusiastic about him coming back. It would really depend on how much he wanted. It really was a dick move to do a runner when we let others go to keep him here.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d say Ben barba was a better jnr then Klemmer. But only difference was barba beat his woman, where as klemmer would get a beating off his mrs
yeah, I just might have to concede on the point of Barba being the better player/prospect having come through our junior grades since SBW

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id take lodge for $400k as broncs are willing to pay the other 400k of his salary being shopped to sydney clubs