Home game in 2014 moved to perth

Status
Not open for further replies.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just saw on foxsports and heard on radio that raelene castle just confirmed that we would shift a home gome to perth this coming season. Your thoughts. Likes or dislike.?

Moey999

Pitbull
Reaction score
Sounds like she's determined to spread the game over the country. Cool, I'll applaud her. I hope there's no selfish attitudes in this thread saying "thats our home game wa wa"

Anyways, I think its cool but I dont really care. Im more focused on the fact that it shows her nature as a CEO - active, determined and passionate.

It shows were in good hands.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I am pretty sure it is the round 1 game, which is why some people are annoyed.

Apart from it being round 1 I am all for the idea.

I also think I read somewhere that the interstate membership will include a cat 1 ticket to the game, which will get us some more members.

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sounds like she's determined to spread the game over the country. Cool, I'll applaud her. I hope there's no selfish attitudes in this thread saying "thats our home game wa wa"

Anyways, I think its cool but I dont really care. Im more focused on the fact that it shows her nature as a CEO - active, determined and passionate.

It shows were in good hands.
Still early days to say we are in good hands particularly after the way she handled the ben barba issue. She should have got big bucks off the broncos or got another player such as hoffman in a swap or barba sits in doggies reserve grade. Although i love SBW and i have no hatred towards him at all, he should have been forced to sit in reserve grade just like dragons did to tallis. Also player retention and signing has been another issue not handled too well at the dogs. There is still a lot of room for improvement. So far we are not in good hands.

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Im not saying sbw was here fault I'm just showing that I'm not biased towards some players. I am just saying that more needs to be done.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
well as long as its not blowing a gale and 40 degrees it should be fine. Would be good if we could get a better crowd than the rabbits/warriors game

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've got no problem in moving a home game to a country or interstate venue to promote the game. In fact all clubs should be doing it.

But what I would be dirty on was if the game was against a "top four" standard side. We need our fans to turn up and give our guys the vocal support they need.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why WA? I thought we where aiming to take a bite out of the NZ market!!! With all our NZ reps would it not make more sense to grow the game and our brand in Kiwi land. Setting ourselves up as an alternative team in a 1 team country seems more feasible.

Before people start on it's only one game, it's one game we could have used to gain a stronger foot hold in the land of the long white cloud creating a stronger and long lasting revenue stream at the end of the day.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Alexander the Great

The Back to Belmore crew need to push for this one game to be at belmore not @ perth.

Very Tilting

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think the W.A government would also throw some good dollars the bulldogs way to take a game over there, its all about the money these days and every club even the more financial clubs need to keep the money coming in

Big_Dawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stop playing at these stupid places and bloody give us a game at belmore

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
why is it up to us to promote rugby league in other countries and states? surely that idiot smith should be pulling the strings for this?

o wait, he is too busy having lattes with uncle nick , sbw and gyngell.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
why is it up to us to promote rugby league in other countries and states? surely that idiot smith should be pulling the strings for this?

o wait, he is too busy having lattes with uncle nick , sbw and gyngell.
A lot of clubs play a home game in a country or other state venue each year, we just dont notice it because its not our team.

If its round 1 though, thats pretty unfair on our members and i dont agree with it.

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we seem to be moving a few games, that will be the second one now (i think we have moved another to NZ). I guess there is no point going up to that shit hole traitor breading place called mackay any more.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
we seem to be moving a few games, that will be the second one now (i think we have moved another to NZ). I guess there is no point going up to that shit hole traitor breading place called mackay any more.
Yeh im thinking we wont be taking any games there for a while lol. Broncos might.

Big_Dawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A lot of clubs play a home game in a country or other state venue each year, we just dont notice it because its not our team.

If its round 1 though, thats pretty unfair on our members and i dont agree with it.
Last year we played at
Gosford
McKay
Wellington
That's a fair few

N

Natboy

I love Perth & am glad I'll be flying there than some other shithole! Look at the positives

Status
Not open for further replies.