Not open for further replies.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s too passive. All they did was go backwards and sideways

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If the Morris bros are not re-signed (which is likely) a wooden spoon beckons in 2019. Today’s right side defence was exhibit A, B and C

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't see why Bmoz can't be a good centre like his bro Smith & Holland on the wings

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Given that the season is done and dusted as far as reaching the finals go it would make sense to work hard at fixing it now. Every team usually has a defensive weakness. But I'd rather we toyed with things now and found a way to do better than to still have the issue next year.

ajay78

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The problem was Holland, he was a turnstile

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pay isn't capable of doing it, he was the Raiders defensive coach and we have same issues on our edge as them. Split the Morris' up so they can atleast cover and potentially improve the players decision making around them.
Have you ever thought this season is a loss and that we are working towards 2019??

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fk all sleep thanks to the loss !

We need to recruit a defensive centre , it is doing my fkn head in seeing likes of Holland, Olive getting done on the outside

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Pay this pay that. The effort from holland letting Crocker outside him was the reason. The other issue for me is the right edge has always been an issue, 1st wr blamed Reynolds than lee, than Montoya. Fo some reason we always seem short on the edge. Players are coming in and not manning up. The only one consistency is jacko. I think he.makes alot of poor reads on the line and is to aggressive in rushing up, than Foran would come in to take Jacksons man . The chain reaction is there, it's been happening for a few years now. Split the twins in the short term answer.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Smith had a great game holland got beaten all night it was a real worry i didnt think he was that bad

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Heaven help us we dont re-sign Morris bros or replace them with quality

What will the backline look like

2. RSmith
3. Holland
4. Montoya
5. Crighton

4 wingers lol
Holland was a centre before coming to the dogs.

He should know how to defend there.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Have you ever thought this season is a loss and that we are working towards 2019??
No shit, but that works two ways. Why keep the Morris' together if the season is done? Why not have them on either edge for with their experience to help the players around them?

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's clear structural issues on our right edge that Pay has failed to address. Holland did cop and early injury and that did make some efforts worse. At the end of the day the most logical and easiest call to make has always been to split the Morris twins.
If only you care about a pointless win and don’t give a shit about the future. Is this Hasler?

Maybe Pay will split them, just to satisfy people like you, but I hope not.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If only you care about a pointless win and don’t give a shit about the future. Is this Hasler?

Maybe Pay will split them, just to satisfy people like you, but I hope not.
Read my post above.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
These two are forming a good combo in attack and d.. I know there are members here who are still sceptical of Holland but I think he's really starting to come into his own.. I think the two are set for a big 2019

Malla

Reaction score
Was not expecting that from Holland at all, but in saying that he is a natural centre that has just been playing out of position

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Holland has gotten better each week. And Smith is a gun winger. Kills me as to why Pay persisted with Montoya for so long.

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes Holland seems to step up a gear....maybe was playing out of position.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think Holland has gotten better each week. And Smith is a gun winger. Kills me as to why Pay persisted with Montoya for so long.
And this is my issue with pay and how slow he is to make obvious changes we could have won 6 or so more games if smith replaced montoya earlier and now lichha is the same

Status
Not open for further replies.