Holland signs with Macquarie Scorpions

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We used to be a club that no one went onto better things except for the great mistakes in JT and SBW
Now all our players dont even get second tier contacts at other teams when they leave, direct to bush footy/construction jobs lol
Yeah last year it was Nu Brown, Fualalo, Lichaa & Olive. Our recruitment really has been terrible and it’s no wonder we finished second last year

Malla

Reaction score
What an absolute basket case of a club doggies were lol our starting centre last year is now playing bush footy for the scorpians lol farkkkkk meeeeee

Pay had his hands tied behind his back tho, it was the boards fault lol

Malla

Reaction score
Yeah last year it was Nu Brown, Fualalo, Lichaa & Olive. Our recruitment really has been terrible and it’s no wonder we finished second last year
Add to that, our retention and development is even worse.

Players got worse and worse for us, not better. They get fatter too. I get the whole notion that recruitment was tough because of the board (sick of it tho), but no excuse for players getting worse under the elite coaching of Pay and Mr Steve James... i wonder if Steve ever noticed Katoa's gut expanding over the last year and thought maybe make him run a few laps instead of throwing a footy against a brick wall and catching tennis balls

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Good luck to him and I’m glad he can keep playing footy which he obviously loves. He looked good coming through the grades but playing at NRL level isn’t easy and he is still playing at a higher level than 99.99% of the people who put shit on him. I wish him all the best in the future, particularly with the AVO he has out on Nasheed :grinning:

When is he back btw? His last PM had good oil and it’s quiet without him

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This highlights the issues with our roster over the last few years when you have a guy that’s only 28 years old and goes directly into bush footy after getting regular game time in our first grade side.
nail on the head right there, couldn't have put it any better

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What an absolute basket case of a club doggies were lol our starting centre last year is now playing bush footy for the scorpians lol farkkkkk meeeeee

Nah they been blaming des since before he left haha

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I’m sure if he stayed in Sydney he would of got picked up by another club if Montoya can anyone can

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m sure if he stayed in Sydney he would of got picked up by another club if Montoya can anyone can
I don’t think that’s true mate. He was interviewed a few weeks back and said he had no offers.

I agree with you re Montoya though. I can’t believe he was picked up

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t think that’s true mate. He was interviewed a few weeks back and said he had no offers.

I agree with you re Montoya though. I can’t believe he was picked up
Still have a few months before round 1 though I’m sure had he waited he could have got something for minimum coin.. either way good luck to him

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If memory serves me correctly. He wasn't a player who played in a professional clubs feeder system. So he got noticed because he stood out on his own merits. It's a pretty good endorsement for a player who misses out on the years of professional development to even play in the NRL. I know he was never going to be elite. But I have a lot of respect for the work he'd have to do to break into even our lower grades.

All the best Jerrod. Hope you enjoy the rest of your footy.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pay tied his own hands he didn’t need any help to prove how incompetent he is as a head coach

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good on him! Hope he enjoys his time there.

Less of a daily toll playing bush footy, will be able to kick-start his new life/career whilst still playing the sport he loves.

All the best mate.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck to Kerrod. Fantastic bloke off the field..all the best

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like Nasheed has a new favorite team.