Opinion Holland - bench hooker

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Having Holland on the bench gives Pay the luxury of having 3 big forwards on the bench as he can cover the backs as well,also in a pinch could be used as a backrower.Bonus goal kicker to.Everytime we lost a back to injury last year we didn’t have proper cover and suffered for it.Holland has good hands and a big kick on him to,hope Pay utilises him properly and not just as a bench warmer
Bro I reckon CHN can move to the centres as a fill in if someone goes down during the game. Can carry an edge back rower on the bench like one of the young guys coming through Topine etc.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
STUPID. He cant tackle. Just get rid of him already.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
This is what happens when you don't properly address the hooker situation within the last five years. The last regime screwed up massively with the Ennis/Cook/Lichaa situation and this regime haven't addressed such a key position long term yet either. Brailey or Robson would have solved that issue for a few years..

JMK was useful last season but is a short term solution. Katoa is a backup and behind them we have no one that can step in if need be. We've had the worst hookers in the comp for years and it's concerning that the club haven't made it a focal point.
Yeh its kinda sad having hooker issues when we had 2 of the best in Ennis and Cook let go. Ennis went on to win a premiership and Cook is the best hooker in the game now. Sigh. Not much we can do now i guess, we can only hope who we have steps up.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Maybe use the 30th roster spot and 350k to get a back up hooker

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Billy brittain is still on the market I’m pretty sure. well 3 days ago he was still un contracted.
Should make a play for him

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
JMK would have to be the slowest hooker off the mark in the NRL... So yeah, Holland might just bring some pace to the role!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Billy brittain is still on the market I’m pretty sure. well 3 days ago he was still un contracted.
Should make a play for him
The Tigers signed him a few days ago. He's a solid back up.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Maybe use the 30th roster spot and 350k to get a back up hooker
You can't unfortunately. The stupid rule with the 350k compensation says that the money can only be used on the same position as the player who was injured.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You can't unfortunately. The stupid rule with the 350k compensation says that the money can only be used on the same position as the player who was injured.
Hooker/Half.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
JMK would have to be the slowest hooker off the mark in the NRL... So yeah, Holland might just bring some pace to the role!
if Holland can produce more of what he did when he played that role before, it won't be a bad thing

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Expect more of the same in 2020 then. If that's true it will be as bad if not worse than 2019.

I'm not going to be Mr Positive when other teams are running out with established hookers. While we have JMK and Holland lol

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We've recruited ok in terms of our forward pack. However, it's going to take one hell of a coaching performance by Pay and his staff to get the spine firing on all cylinders.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
In the articles I read it said that the NRL had dropped that clause in the rule.

TrioBench 1995

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
3 big forwards = Elliott, Smith and Britt. Lol.

Wakeham should be starting anyway so there's another goal kicker alongside Meaney.

But yh I don't mind having a back on the bench as cover, but fuck playing him at hooker every week lol.
No no no no no !!!!