Opinion Holbrook was the one (Heads must roll)

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I said it last year that Holbrook was the man to come in and rejuvenate this club. The fact that he has got the titans playing competitively on most weeks is a massive achievement. The fact that this man was stalling on his contract at St. Helens because he was waiting for our club to contact him Only for our board to shun him is unacceptable. Heads must roll for this.

Hmmm we lost by 2 against Cronulla, Titans lost by 30 in their own backyard with a better roster. Holdbrook=myth.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I can’t get past that f & a though.... it’s horrendous. Pay has had a lot of obstacles to contend with.... none of you cut him any slack. Yet Holbrook gets a free pass.
I've already said the board has done nothing to help Pay, still doesn't change the fact that he isn't good enough. Holbrook has actually accomplished stuff in his career and and has a resume that's better than coaching a few kids and following Ricky Stuart around for years.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cmon Mike, you are better than that. You know I think Pay is struggling and I have suggested multiple potential replacements. A number of you have suggested yourself or agreed with.

You climaxed to soon today mate, Holbrook is still a work in progress and not an option for us at the minute..
I disgaree , no one has climaxed prematurely to say he is better than pay. I think the evidence is there for all to see after 8 rounds.

The whole get rid of pay outrage (which other on here don’t get ) is not just about the losses or scorlines. Pay has had 3 years , players have not improved . Attacking structure has not changed and is one out bullshit .
Compare that to hoolbrook who has an equally (if not shitter IMO) shit side has been coaching the side for a handful of games , you can see an improvement in individual players , yes they are losing , yes they are getting smashed but you can see them improving and atleast you can see he has implemented attacking structures and has a proper game plan . They use the ball and frankly are significantly more enjoyable to watch then the dogs

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I can’t get past that f & a though.... it’s horrendous. Pay has had a lot of obstacles to contend with.... none of you cut him any slack. Yet Holbrook gets a free pass.
Come on mate you're not that stupid Holbrook has only just walked into a team thats been picked for him thats been sitting on the bottom of the ladder.
How the fark do you expect him to teach them his structures and game plays in 8 games?!?

Pay has had 3 years with the same group of players.
Seriously how can you compare??

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
"Don't really care about what's happening at the Titans all the much, they have an absolute shitload of issues that go a lot deeper than ours." LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. How is it living under a rock?
Mate you're seriously a fark head you think that you're right about everything and your opinion is the only thing that matters.
Your a stats man if you actually played the game you would know that stats dont always determine a game.
Im guessing you played soccer?!?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I disgaree , no one has climaxed prematurely to say he is better than pay. I think the evidence is there for all to see after 8 rounds.

The whole get rid of pay outrage (which other on here don’t get ) is not just about the losses or scorlines. Pay has had 3 years , players have not improved . Attacking structure has not changed and is one out bullshit .
Compare that to hoolbrook who has an equally (if not shitter IMO) shit side has been coaching the side for a handful of games , you can see an improvement in individual players , yes they are losing , yes they are getting smashed but you can see them improving and atleast you can see he has implemented attacking structures and has a proper game plan . They use the ball and frankly are significantly more enjoyable to watch then the dogs
Footy is all about opinions, and I get what you're saying about Holbrook. He's got a better resume than Pay. More experience. And I think most would agree is potentially better if not already better than Pay right now. I certainly was on board the Hollbrook train when there was talk on here about him coming as I can for the life of me see a future in having Pay as our coach ... and doubt our board do either.

The key to all of this is whether it's worth punting Pay to take on a coach who's potentially good. Is that the club going after the best or just settling for someone slightly better? Everyone on here keeps raving on about the need to go after the BEST players. Why aren't we getting Cotric? Fifita is the best. We should go all out for him. But we're happy to settle for 'maybe good' when it comes to coachin?

Let's not mix our frustration with Pay doing a shit job with getting the right person in because just getting just anyone isn't enough. It isn't. And I don't care what half of you on here say.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

???Good for you. Breathing techniques help with pre-mature issues..

I responded to your comments and now you are responding to a reply I gave PrisonMike...

He doesn't have a problem with my response. Like I said, read or know someone's views before you pidgeon hole someone or their view.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Mate you got atleast 10 alias' that "like and agree" with your posts.

Has the mods picked up this bored/sad c*** lol.
You can have dupes now. Go figure

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Probably should have waited till after the Sharks game. 40-10 lol.
Sharks game doesn't really alter the situation or suitability of Holbrook over Pay.

Or if you want to compare....

If we lose against Souths by more than 30. Its back to square one :grinning:

And it still highlights that Holbrook is the better coach.

A

Alexander the Great

Mate you got atleast 10 alias' that "like and agree" with your posts.

Has the mods picked up this bored/sad c*** lol.
The mods don't care any more. They gave up along time.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I said it last year that Holbrook was the man to come in and rejuvenate this club. The fact that he has got the titans playing competitively on most weeks is a massive achievement. The fact that this man was stalling on his contract at St. Helens because he was waiting for our club to contact him Only for our board to shun him is unacceptable. Heads must roll for this.
Yeh he's done wonders with the Gold Coast hasnt he. They cant pass the ball in front of supports, they can't tackle, they are the worst team to watch bar the useless Broncos. Ask Cronulla players who played the Titans today....Who gave you guys a harder game?...the Titans or the Dogs 2 weeks ago?
Do you not follow the NRL.?...the games, the scores? Or are you simply living in your own little Anti Bulldogs bubble?
The silent majority are laughing at your pathetic agenda.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Come on mate you're not that stupid Holbrook has only just walked into a team thats been picked for him thats been sitting on the bottom of the ladder.
How the fark do you expect him to teach them his structures and game plays in 8 games?!?

Pay has had 3 years with the same group of players.
Seriously how can you compare??
He has had a whole off season and eight rounds.... not long enough to work miracles, by any stretch of the imagination .... but long enough to at least coach some defensive steel into his team.... his team is averaging almost 30 points conceded a game... if the dogs were averaging 30 points conceded after 8 rounds of Pay’s first year, the kennel would be baying for his blood. People were calling for his head 5 rounds into his coaching career.

Bad luck or not, Holbrook has had a very poor start to his NRL coaching career and I’ve seen no evidence he is the guy to take us forward. I’m not convinced by him winning a super league title, that’s for sure. Nathan frigging Brown won a super League title.... as for him being a well regarded assistant, so was Kearney.

I’m not completely writing him off, he may still prove himself.... but I think lamenting him as the one the club let get away at this stage of his career is absurd, imho.

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holbrook first year with a squad he didn’t put together, while they haven’t won every game you can definitely see titans improving.

3rd year for Pay, our games are getting worse.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How can heads roll.. Our Chairwoman of the board Lynne Anderson hasnt been sighted at the club..

Would Politis go MIA if his club had no major sponsor, couldnt attract players & was at the bottom of the ladder..

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Sharks beat us by 2, beat Titans by 30.
Another great thread from the resident dope