Hit list 2021

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And Foran still got players player last week.
I'd suggest he is showing more and more of his value behind the scenes. Might be an idea to pay for him to do a coaching course, especially if his clear involvement co-coaching the team with SG results in an improvement in performance. Seems to be a bloke other players listen to, and his toughness credentials are probably higher than any current player. Might be worth hanging on to if we migrate him to a coaching role.

If I recall, it was his work with Cogger that him running the ball more and scoring a couple of decent tries, and Cogger is never going to set the world on fire as a player.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Lafai signing (at this stage is a must)

Just because we have a war chest does not mean we're going to be able to attract quality players every time we go out into the market.

Lafai is obviously a plug signing, one I can see the reasoning behind, we have one centre, who's injured (hoppa). We have a couple of juniors coming through the ranks and lafai can see out next season until those kids are ready.

Tolman must be sent packing from the club, no more, this fucking stops here this season.

Montoya and Holland can go

Lewis goes.

Cogger maybe stay, depends if we can sign another half, think we need green.

Elliot can sign for what we value him at and then piss him off after his contract finishes.

Wakeham re sign and send him back to reserves to develop his game.

Ogden keep and give him a fair go

Napa shop him around.
Lafai is shit and he is on $300k - $350k a season. Ridiculous to bring him back.

Same money they have non-offered Foran for next season & told Cogger he is not in their plans for next season.

So starting halves next season are Lewis & Wakeman. Fuck me unless they recruit a good half for 2021 we can forget next season also.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
My opionion
1 Alex Johnson
2 R Smith
3 Cotric
4 Hoppa
5 DWZ
6 Avirillo
7 Foran
8 Renouf To’omaga
9 Buy one??
10 Ogden
11 RFM
12 Jackson
13 Luke Thompson
14 Adam Elliott
15 Francis Molo
16 Napa
17 utility

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1. Hoppa
2. DWZ
3. Cotric
4. Reluctantly 1 of Smith/ Lafai. ( Schoup)
5. Go all out for JAC
6. Averillo
7. Burton
Reserves
Meaney, Okonbur.
Shop Lewis.
Don't resign Cogger, Foran if he is injured again, Tiu Katoa or Tass.
Tex won’t leave newy. Good freinds with my young fella. Went to school together surfed together. He loves newy

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Given our struggles with our current middle forwards, excluding Thommo and To’omaga.. I’d be keen on us making a play for Jack Hetherington from Penrith currently on loan at the Warriors. Big strong lean fit and aggressive. Could start or be part of a rotation.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
The mole has come out that there will be a massive cleanout at Belmore and atleast 4 experienced players need to be recruited.

Apparently Elliott & Foran will be re-signing

RFM has already been re-signed

Casualties of clean up are - Holland, Cogger, Montoya, Sue, Tolman, Tass

Also Lafai is "close" to signing on (fml if this eventuates)

Which 4 players do you try and sign for 2021 who are off contract this year? This is my target list in order.

1. Jake Friend
2. Jackson Hastings (id replace with Foran)
3. Christian Welch
4. Nick Cotric
Lafai signed can play next week if fit enough

Malla

Reaction score
We should be trying to sign Alex Johnson or even that Will Kennedy from Sharks to play fullback.

Saw yesterday the difference a pure fullback makes. Al be it Meaney is average.

But a hooker and a half, with a fullback, and we are good. We have a pretty solid forward pack with the addition of Thompson and minus Tolman.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thompson still needs a few games to get used to the pace of NRL,got caught out on the inside cover of Tolman yesterday when Dragons scored but still hopeful he will live up to expectations

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can’t believe people still want R. Smith. I would much rather Meaney (yes even on the wing) than Smith and that’s saying something. I’d be letting him go. Poor attitude.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Can’t believe people still want R. Smith. I would much rather Meaney (yes even on the wing) than Smith and that’s saying something. I’d be letting him go. Poor attitude.
My current team for 2021 has Meaney on a wing over Reimis but I'd still like to see what Reimis is like away from the centres before next year. It's difficult to let players go that are contracted.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
James tamou is potentially a great signing.

Won a comp, ex origin player, ex Australian player, went through a dip in form a couple of years ago and picked up his form, an extremely experienced player to lead and teach our young forwards