Hit list 2021

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please get rid of Holland and Montoya and ppl need to stop mentioning Cotric at Centre!!
he is a F*ing winger, if he was decent at centre Ricky Stuart would have put him there and not signed Curtis Scott!
Its funny how people whinge about us playing guys out of position yet want to sign Cotric at Cetre FFS!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Please get rid of Holland and Montoya and ppl need to stop mentioning Cotric at Centre!!
he is a F*ing winger, if he was decent at centre Ricky Stuart would have put him there and not signed Curtis Scott!
Its funny how people whinge about us playing guys out of position yet want to sign Cotric at Cetre FFS!
Wayne Bennett said Josh Morris was a winger.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Priority signings need to be.

1. Matt Burton
2. Darryl Clake
3. Pending court case Jack De Belin
4. Nick Cotric
5. Alex Walmsley

Don't resign anyone that's off contract. Even though Elliott has been playing well we need a clean out. Hopefully chn is retained. We don't need Okunbor.

1. Hoppa
2. Smith
3. Lafai no choice
4. Cotric
5. Dwz
6. Avo
7. Burton
8. Thompson
9. Clake
10. Walmsley
11. Jackson
12. Chn
13. Jdb

14. Meaney
15. Napa
16. Rfm
17. Renouf
Darryl Clarke is definitely the 2nd best England Hooker. Only Hodgson is in front of him. MOM in Challenge Cup Final last year.

We may need to look closely at the uk for new recruits. Bearing in mind the success of Fijian wingers recently I would also look around for someone from there seeking an opportunity. Attracting current nrl players may prove difficult.

One big advantage in a normal year is that non Australian players don't play origin which has proven many times to have an effect on some teams. Saints in 2018 being a perfect example. Top 4 at start of origin series and couldnt cope post origin and basically fell into the 8. Having some overseas GUNS might be the best strategy. Benji Marshall at his peak was a big asset to the Tigers at Origin time.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Would you take Ben hunt on a reduced contract to player hooker? Conner Watson,Matt Burton,Stephan Crichton ,but we do need to buy another top class prop,with hunger and toughness

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Coaches need to stand up and be counted when players want to play another position that is worth more money than the one they are playing.
We had 5 wingers on the field last week including DWZ. Reimis Smith has shown many times he can't read defence in what is the key backline defensive position on each side. Pay seemed blind to that. Our 2 tries Foran cut out the centre with a long pass to the wing. He knows that HAD TO BE DONE. Smith also showed in attack why he is a winger because he never at any stage looked to pass to Crichton. He either died with the ball dropped it or kicked it. If we have to play a winger in the centres Montoya is a better option (marginally).

Time to give a young centre a crack. But who??

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Coaches need to stand up and be counted when players want to play another position that is worth more money than the one they are playing.
We had 5 wingers on the field last week including DWZ. Reimis Smith has shown many times he can't read defence in what is the key backline defensive position on each side. Pay seemed blind to that. Our 2 tries Foran cut out the centre with a long pass to the wing. He knows that HAD TO BE DONE. Smith also showed in attack why he is a winger because he never at any stage looked to pass to Crichton. He either died with the ball dropped it or kicked it. If we have to play a winger in the centres Montoya is a better option (marginally).

Time to give a young centre a crack. But who??
If only we had a gun young centre like Harper.... lol

Axel_75

Waterboy
Reaction score
Prop - Jesse Bromwich (experience, end of career reduced dollars) + Thommo
Hooker - Grant (big deal $$)
Second Row - CHN, Blake Ferguson
Lock - Jackson
Halves - keep Foran and Wakeham
Centre - K Stagg/ Hoppa
Wing - Smith + DWZ
Fullback - Averillo (Meaney backup)

Reserves - RFM, C Smith, JMK, To'omaga

dibbie83

Waterboy
Reaction score
1. Hoppo
2. Smith
3. Rona
4. Cotric
5. Dwz
6. Burton
7. Jai field
8. Thompson
9. Watson
10. Napa
11. Rfm
12. Chn
13. Adam e

14. Sue
15. Who ever can play 1st grand
16. J Jackson to old run down now
17. Renouf that’s a start than work from than

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
From nrl not many players of note off contract. I’d potentially go after Tamou, R. James, Cotric, Bird or DeBelin. A couple of these pose great risk with injury but who else is out there. If there’s no outside men to attract Averillo may need to play fullback, although I see him as a number 6 long term. Tamou or a fit James would complete a good front row.

Qdog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Fuck Dal off to he's got greasey hands he's put this team under so much pressure it's not funny anymore ! useless TWAT as far as im concerned !!!!!

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Off contract
Holland - release
Harper - Leaving
Montoya - release
Tass - release
Cogger - release
Foran - sign for 1 year, club option for 2nd year
Wakeham - sign for 2 years
RFM - rumoured to have re-signed
Elliott - sign for 3 years
Sue - release
Tolman - release
That leaves 7 spots for 2021, 9 depending on what happens with CHN and JO.
Cotric, Watson, Barnett, Molo, Farnworth, Sailor, Mitch Dunn.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The mole has come out that there will be a massive cleanout at Belmore and atleast 4 experienced players need to be recruited.

Apparently Elliott & Foran will be re-signing

RFM has already been re-signed

Casualties of clean up are - Holland, Cogger, Montoya, Sue, Tolman, Tass

Also Lafai is "close" to signing on (fml if this eventuates)

Which 4 players do you try and sign for 2021 who are off contract this year? This is my target list in order.

1. Jake Friend
2. Jackson Hastings (id replace with Foran)
3. Christian Welch
4. Nick Cotric
We need more than 4 and if we dump Tolman (on big money) etc we should have much more than 3 MIL to spend. I'd keep Foran for 400K a season which I really think he would accept and no other club would offer more.

1 Harry Grant OR Brandon Smith - equal highest priority even if we have to go to 800K a season or slightly more. Would accept Friend at up to 600K IF for some reason we can't get the other two but he is only a stop gap for a couple of years. We really need a great young hooker for many years to come.
2 Jackson Hastings and / or Matt Burton (outside chance Jai Field) - equal highest priority
3 Nick Cotric
4 Josh Ado Carr or Alex Johnson
5 Anthony Milford. We need some speed especially with Hopa in our backline. I wish there were a better fullback available than Milford but he's a better option than what we have and he can play in the halves if really needed.

Personally I'd sign them all now we've missed out on Bateman and Fifita we need virtually a whole new backline - the best backs money can buy.

800K Grant / Smith
500K Hastings
400K Burton
600K Cotric
600K JAC OR 350K Johnson
700K Milford
--
3.6M / 3.35M - less 400K if we don't get Burton

1 Anthony Milford
2 DWZ
3 Will Hopoate
4 Nick Cotric
5 Josh Ado-Carr
6 Kieran Foran
7 Jackson Hastings
8 Dylan Napa
9 Harry Grant
10 Luke Thompson
11 CHN
12 Adam Elliott
13 Josh Jackson

14 Matt Burton
15 Renouf Toomaga
16 RFM
17 Dean Britt

Coach Shaun Wane with Barrett as assistant (on decent money)

Last edited:

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need more than 4 and if we dump Tolman (on big money) we should have much more than 3MIL. I'd keep Foran for 400K a season which I really think he would accept and no other club would offer more.

1 Harry Grant OR Brandon Smith - equal highest priority even if we have to go to 800K a season or slightly more. Would accept Friend at up to 600K IF for some reason we can't get the other two but he is only a stop gap for a couple of years. We really need a great young hooker for many years to come.
2 Jackson Hastings and / or Matt Burton (outside chance Jai Field) - equal highest priority
3 Nick Cotric
4 Josh Ado Carr OR Anthony Milford. Even Alex Johnson. We need some speed especially with Hopa in our backline. I wish there were a better fullback available than Milford but he's a better option than what we have and he can play in the halves if really needed.

Personally I'd sign them all now it we've missed out on Bateman and Fifita.

800K Grant / Smith
500K Hastings
400K Burton
200K Field
600K Cotric
600K JAC / 700K Milford OR $350K for Johnson
--
3.1M / 3.2M / 2.85M
Good list there and pretty much who I’d be after, although I wouldn’t go near Milford. We don’t need selfish players in the spine.

Agree we should go big for Grant, although B Smith is more likely to be available. Smith would be great. He’s already a leader with his talk and energy and that’s something we really need.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The origin thing actually slipped my mind. But you are 100% correct. Having gun non Aussies players in a normal season is a huge advantage come origin time good thinking. I know Clake has previously said he wants to come to the nrl. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that when Andrew Hill traveled to the UK mid last year that he went there to try and sign 2 players from the UK. One being Luke Thompson the other was Clake. I wonder what happened with Clake and why he wasn't signed. But Alex Walmsley and Clake should be priority signings.
Darryl Clarke is definitely the 2nd best England Hooker. Only Hodgson is in front of him. MOM in Challenge Cup Final last year.

We may need to look closely at the uk for new recruits. Bearing in mind the success of Fijian wingers recently I would also look around for someone from there seeking an opportunity. Attracting current nrl players may prove difficult.

One big advantage in a normal year is that non Australian players don't play origin which has proven many times to have an effect on some teams. Saints in 2018 being a perfect example. Top 4 at start of origin series and couldnt cope post origin and basically fell into the 8. Having some overseas GUNS might be the best strategy. Benji Marshall at his peak was a big asset to the Tigers at Origin time.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
First...Who is the coach ???
My realistic and available choices
Field.......................Fullback / Hallfback
Cotric......................centre
Hastings..................Halfback / Hooker not if Barrett is coach
Burton.....................1/2 - 5/8 maybe fullback if released
Mahoney / Watson...Hooker
Boyd.......................cheap impact prop if available ???

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
1. Jake Averillo
2. Nick Meany
3. Hoppa
4. Cotric
5. DWZ
6. Hastings
7. Foran
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Brandon Smith
10. Luke Thompson
11. Jackson
12. CHN
13. Elliot
14. JMK
15. Britt
16. Toomoga
17. Faitala Marina
18. Sauaso Sue
19. Lewis
20. Wakeham
21. Remis Smith
22. Nappa
23. Cogger
24. Marcelo Montoya
25. Stimson
Five more players not entirely out of question to be in top 17 I’d try to purchase.
1. Matt Burton
2. Conor Watson
3. Alex Johnson
4. Tex Hoy
5. Paul Vaughan