News High performance coach discusses first week

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hopefully. Not overly keen on the signing but he's defenitely faster with better footwork than I originally gave him credit for.

A frontrow of Thompson/Hetherington with Jackson/Elliott @ lock does feel slightly underwhelming for the time being, all similar body shapes and sizes.
I think thompson will kill it this year id like to see thommo/ogden start with renouf/heth off bench

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think thompson will kill it this year id like to see thommo/ogden start with renouf/heth off bench
I highly doubt Baz has plans to start Hetherington off the bench, he went above and beyond to get him over here just like he did to retain Elliott. Unless something major happens during preseason I expect him to be starting in the frontrow. Ogden I feel is a fair way off starting and will have to perform off the bench before even being considered.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I highly doubt Baz has plans to start Hetherington off the bench, he went above and beyond to get him over here just like he did to retain Elliott. Unless something major happens during preseason I expect him to be starting in the frontrow. Ogden I feel is a fair way off starting and will have to perform off the bench before even being considered.
Possibly correct once his fitness is up and yes jack is super fit

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How do you figure that regarding Ogden? He started plenty of games from the mid year on.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly what I would go for. Ogden lifted in the second half of this season, if Baz can get Renouf firing that is a really good prop rotation

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
How do you figure that regarding Ogden? He started plenty of games from the mid year on.
Yh, but he wasn't really any good lol. His runs were very strong and he stood out because of them when compared to the rest of our plodders. His general play needs plenty of work along with Atoni if they want to be anywhere near the starting side.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yh, but he wasn't really any good lol. His runs were very strong and he stood out because of them when compared to the rest of our plodders. His general play needs plenty of work along with Atoni if they want to be anywhere near the starting side.
I think thats pretty harsh judgement to be honest. Both were very good last year. Players like Hetherington, Waddell, Stimson etc really have no place in the team without first proving themselves. I will be pretty unimpressed if Barrett plays favourites and starts hetherington straight up. The guys that have been busting their arse in an average team for years deserve the right to start.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think thats pretty harsh judgement to be honest. Both were very good last year. Players like Hetherington, Waddell, Stimson etc really have no place in the team without first proving themselves. I will be pretty unimpressed if Barrett plays favourites and starts hetherington straight up. The guys that have been busting their arse in an average team for years deserve the right to start.
Well that's what's going to happen unless something major happens during preseason.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd be more concerned if he sticks with the same plodders that delivered the shit results over the last few years.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think just pick the best most well prepared team for round one. Doesn't matter how long they've been here.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It's nice to see the club providing decent content, hopefully they can keep this up throughout preseason.
The only "decent content" I care about is what happens once the season actually starts.

Letstrot

Waterboy
Reaction score
Brah, people dont want to hear it, but you hit the nail on the head