Hi there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dropbear junior

Waterboy
Reaction score
Dropbear Junior here. I'm the daughter of (the infamous?) Drop Bear, who I know that many of you knew quite well. I have been going through the tributes forum over the past couple of days and I must say, I am blown away. There are no words to describe how I feel about it, so I'll suffice with a simple 'thank you'.

Drop Bear always spoke highly of the kennel and the people that he'd met here. One of his dearest wishes when he was in hospital was for me to figure out a way to get him online so he could check the kennel.

I'm new to actually following the game and it is something that Drop Bear and I shared in the past year. I'll be rooting for the blue and gold, in Drop Bear's memory, but I know that no one will hold that against me :grinning:. I'm looking forward to learning more about the game in 2017 and people's predictions for Next year.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Welcome aboard DropBear Jnr.

Pete was a well loved member on here, and I have no doubt that you will be just as amazing a person as Pete was, and fit in just fine here.

"Chip off the old block".

Dropbear junior

Waterboy
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome Mr Invisible. I have some big shoes to fill I think... Hopefully I'll grow into them :grinning:

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Welcome, DBJ. Glad you're here with us.

I've been here since early 2004 and I've never seen an opposition supporter so loved and respected on here. Your dad was a great man and is missed by all.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone who can come here when they support another club and actually integrate into the forum well, is a pretty cool person. Drop Bear contributed a lot here and everyone welcomed him with open arms which is very rare for a non Dog supporter.

I miss having that guy around, but glad his love of the sport and of us has brought you here and I hope you enjoy contributing to our little community.

On your subject about predictions... I hate to say it, but your blue and gold looks stronger on paper than the blue and white do for next year. If the Eels can stay drama free I see no reason why they would miss the 8.

The dogs on the other hand, will need some big changes considering our playing roster is weaker than last season and we only just scraped into the finals.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Welcome DB Jnr. It's good to see you continuing your fathers legacy on these forums. He was well loved by many of us so of course his family members will always be welcomed here regardless of who they support. Except maybe Manly...

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dropbear Junior here. I'm the daughter of (the infamous?) Drop Bear, who I know that many of you knew quite well. I have been going through the tributes forum over the past couple of days and I must say, I am blown away. There are no words to describe how I feel about it, so I'll suffice with a simple 'thank you'.

Drop Bear always spoke highly of the kennel and the people that he'd met here. One of his dearest wishes when he was in hospital was for me to figure out a way to get him online so he could check the kennel.

I'm new to actually following the game and it is something that Drop Bear and I shared in the past year. I'll be rooting for the blue and gold, in Drop Bear's memory, but I know that no one will hold that against me :grinning:. I'm looking forward to learning more about the game in 2017 and people's predictions for Next year.
Welcome to the kennel DBJ.

Condolences on the loss of your dad. I'm not sure if you've given it any thought yet but buried within many of the older threads here are a lot of small reminders of the man we came to know as Drop Bear. Over too short a period of time he made a huge impact on so many people here. If you feel like reading some of his old posts I'm sure that plenty of people will be happy to help direct you to some of the threads that he posted in.

Anyway welcome again. I hope you enjoy your visits to the kennel.

Dropbear junior

Waterboy
Reaction score
@ Gareth - Dad and I got closer this year by following the game together. I would have joined earlier, but things got a bit crazy towards the end and it was too hard. I think that if he has any say in things the blue and gold will win next year. It's a shame he didn't get to see it happen but I think he'll be watching closely from where he is now.

@ Wolfmother - Thank you. I'm looking forward to actually meeting a lot of the people on here that Dad spoke so highly of.

@ Jacobshade - Hmmmm... Manly... Well there's no accounting for taste.... ;)

@ Alan79 - I'm taking things slowly at the moment because things are painful, but I will eventually get to some of the older threads that he posted in. Thank you for your kind words and warm welcome. I'm enjoying the banter on here already :grinning:

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Welcome DBJ.

I never met Pete but I was there at his funeral. He was a great guy and i will never forget his words of wisdom and support during the tough time i went through at the time of my wife's miscarriage.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Welcome DBJ hope you will enjoy the kennel as mush as your father did.
I must say he was a very humble person and didn't deserve what parra dished out this season.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Welcome DBJ. I hope you continue your father's legacy supporting the blue and gold and being a great rugby league fan in general.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I know I'm a little delayed, but you're certainly welcome here and we hope you learn to adopt the Mighty (lol) Bulldogs as your 2nd team :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.