Hi from the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClockworkCarrot

New Pup
Reaction score
Just a quick introduction. I'm a Huddersfield Giants fan but follow all the English guys out in Australia as best I can.

Love Jammer and everything he brings to the game - fantastic skills, work rate, monster defense and as big a heart as anybody in RL. I was hoping to see the Dogs go one better last season but you never really seemed to get going. Let's hope Des has sorted things out for this go round!

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
I can see where you were going with the username, but really?

Anyway, welcome cobber.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hi there. How long have you been following the NRL?

dogkat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because the orange was taken?

Welcome.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You from Huddersfield? I am originally, but have been out here for the past few years.

ClockworkCarrot

New Pup
Reaction score
Clearing up a few points then. ClockworkCarrot comes from an old Billy Connolly gag, it's a bit like chocolate teapot i.e. useless.

I've followed the nrl since the early 80s (probably since the 82 invincibles tour) but never really aligned myself to a team. I was always far more interested in the individual players so, as a half back, I marvelled at the skills of Kenny and Sterling and later Terry Lamb.

Pom81, I'm not from hudds, I'm actually an Oldhamer and would still be supporting that team if it wasn't for a series of events that really make attending games there a non-starter. I live just outside Huddersfield now though and my son was born there, so to continue watching pro RL the Giants were a logical choice.

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clearing up a few points then. ClockworkCarrot comes from an old Billy Connolly gag, it's a bit like chocolate teapot i.e. useless.

I've followed the nrl since the early 80s (probably since the 82 invincibles tour) but never really aligned myself to a team. I was always far more interested in the individual players so, as a half back, I marvelled at the skills of Kenny and Sterling and later Terry Lamb.

Pom81, I'm not from hudds, I'm actually an Oldhamer and would still be supporting that team if it wasn't for a series of events that really make attending games there a non-starter. I live just outside Huddersfield now though and my son was born there, so to continue watching pro RL the Giants were a logical choice.
Oldham? God, I remember Watersheddings. What an amazing old dump of a ground, eh?

You're the exact opposite of me - a Lancastrian whose RL affinities lie on the other side of the Pennines. I'm a Yorkshireman, but a Wiganer when it comes to Rugby League. When growing up, an old mate of my dad's lived next door to us in Huddersfield. He was from Wigan originally and almost literally never missed a game - he'd missed something like 50 games home and away in 50 years. When I started playing and following the game a bit, my dad and I started tagging along with him going to Wigan matches. I was a season ticket holder at Central Park throughout the glory years just before Super League started. Happy times.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
if you look closely at our crowds, you can see kangaroos hopping around

Status
Not open for further replies.