Hetho v TPG v Tolman this weekend

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Roosters will get better value out of Renouf than we will of Hetherington.
No doubt, he's going int a winning system.

You probably won't agree but the only thing that separates the two imo, is Hetherington is a lunatic and doesn't look like he will ever learn.

If Hetherington wasn't a lunatic he'd be as good as average Atoni lol.....sorry to Atonis wife if she is reading.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Roosters will get better value out of Renouf than we will of Hetherington.
I certainly wouldn't bet against it. As disinterested as Atoni seemed this season, he still managed to get better numbers than Hetho for tackle breaks per game and missed tackles per game, and wasn't far behind him on the other two stats despite playing 16 minutes less per game. If Robbo can get him working well in their defensive structure he will go well.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No way that happening.

I think TPJ will be on an edge.
I'd like to see him in the middle, with Thommo and Vaughn, even if one of them plays lock. That probably changes if for some reason RFM still isn't fit.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was wanting him to go full mental tbh, just crack some one and then we don't have to worry who is starting next year. Not that I think he is anyway.
I love the bloke love his aggression in defence just needs to learn to use that aggression in his runs he has a lot of potential

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I love the bloke love his aggression in defence just needs to learn to use that aggression in his runs he has a lot of potential
I don't mind him, not on the hate train.

Hes a benchie at best though. The dude is full lunatic and doesn't look like he will ever learn tbh lol.

He reminds of guys I used to play with in senior As lol....just running around coat hangers galore lol

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Hes a benchie at best though. The dude is full lunatic and doesn't look like he will ever learn tbh lol.

He reminds of guys I used to play with in senior As lol....just running around coat hangers galore lol
No doubt he has potential, he is big and fast, good athlete. He is also young enough, has a few years still to realise his potential. But he's got to be on the bench at best for a season or two and really earn the starting spot.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No doubt he has potential, he is big and fast, good athlete. He is also young enough, has a few years still to realise his potential. But he's got to be on the bench at best for a season or two and really earn the starting spot.
100 percent.

Be interesting to see if he is re signed after next year.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They both play in better sides you can't make this comparison.

FFS even Smith and Morgan look good playing elsewhere

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah that’s not how you should play which is what I’m saying though his run metres and post contact were about our best today he could adjust his play style and he would be a player no one wants to play against his a big body along with tpj Vaughn Thompson that’s a solid pack in my opinion

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I like him.

Not much more to say really. He's made some mistakes, but at the same time he's been an unfair target from referees. Never seen a player get reported so many times for such a large amount of them to be dropped with no further action.

Magic Arrow

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah the game is about more than just stats, but equally stats can't be ignored. Some players look good but aren't truly producing on the pitch, the stats suggest Hetho is one of those. Look up the stats base on Foxsports and go through the 2021 season for props.

Average tackle breaks per game played:
Haas is 2nd
TPG is 5th
Thommo is 7th
Hetho is 49th

Run metres per game played:
Haas is 1st
Thompson is 12th
TPG is 28th
Hetho is 48th

Tackles per game played:
Thommo is 5th
Haas is 10th
Hetho is 36th
TPG is 57th

Missed tackles per game played:
Hetho is 8th
Pangai is 13th
Thompson is 30th
Haas is 74th

EDIT: I included Haas in this stats overview because he IS a middle forward who LOOKS awesome AND the stats bear it out.
Haas is a million dollar player
TPG is a 750k player
Thompson is a 800k player
Hetherington is on under 500k

Nobody is arguing those players are better

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thought this might be an interesting exercise given how many TKers think Hetho is our future in the front row.

Minutes playedRunsRun metresPost contact mtrsRun mtrs/minuteRun mtrs/runTackle breaksTacklesTackles/minuteMissed tackles
Hetho6916121401.757.561210.304
TPG3411126483.7111.455130.381
Tolman4612116302.529.661300.650

Also 1 line break and 1 try for TPG, and 1 line break for Tolman, nothing for Hetho. 2 offloads for Tolman, 1 for Hetho, 1 for TPG. No pens or 6 agains for TPG and Tolman, 1 and 2 for Hetho.

Hetho is not a starting prop. Today I notice a lot of people putting him in their 3-2-1 for the game against Manly. His average metres today was worse than Tolman's last season, and he couldn't even manage half the tackle count Tolman would at least contribute. No argument Tolman couldn't stay, he was on too much, but Hetho is not the answer as starting prop, and unless he can come off the bench and produce the same performance he did today in 35-40 minutes he isn't even a decent benchie. He LOOKS aggressive, but looks aren't everything, his numbers are worse than Tolman, and way worse than TPG.

I asked a few other people who watched the game today how many minutes they thought Hetho played. The range they guessed was between 50 and 56. He went missing during parts of the game today, and he frequently does. For all the excitement in the few moments in the 2nd half where he ran a bit wider at some smaller defenders, he didn't make a single line break, and only 1 tackle break, and even given that chance and some room to run onto the ball and into the defense he couldn't get his average metres per run above 8m, which is surely the minimum required.

If Hetho keeps getting selected to start and plays as many minutes as guys like Thommo, TPG, and Vaughn next season, and doesn't up his game, it will be the beginning of the end for TBaz.
Perception vs facts. You can’t fake the numbers.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Let’s see what happens next year. Choices this year were very limited. Things were so dire we borrowed players from another club. I doubt he’s a starter next year.

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Missing the stat on how many hit-ups each took on the 4th tackle

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Thought this might be an interesting exercise given how many TKers think Hetho is our future in the front row.

Minutes playedRunsRun metresPost contact mtrsRun mtrs/minuteRun mtrs/runTackle breaksTacklesTackles/minuteMissed tackles
Hetho6916121401.757.561210.304
TPG3411126483.7111.455130.381
Tolman4612116302.529.661300.650

Also 1 line break and 1 try for TPG, and 1 line break for Tolman, nothing for Hetho. 2 offloads for Tolman, 1 for Hetho, 1 for TPG. No pens or 6 agains for TPG and Tolman, 1 and 2 for Hetho.

Hetho is not a starting prop. Today I notice a lot of people putting him in their 3-2-1 for the game against Manly. His average metres today was worse than Tolman's last season, and he couldn't even manage half the tackle count Tolman would at least contribute. No argument Tolman couldn't stay, he was on too much, but Hetho is not the answer as starting prop, and unless he can come off the bench and produce the same performance he did today in 35-40 minutes he isn't even a decent benchie. He LOOKS aggressive, but looks aren't everything, his numbers are worse than Tolman, and way worse than TPG.

I asked a few other people who watched the game today how many minutes they thought Hetho played. The range they guessed was between 50 and 56. He went missing during parts of the game today, and he frequently does. For all the excitement in the few moments in the 2nd half where he ran a bit wider at some smaller defenders, he didn't make a single line break, and only 1 tackle break, and even given that chance and some room to run onto the ball and into the defense he couldn't get his average metres per run above 8m, which is surely the minimum required.

If Hetho keeps getting selected to start and plays as many minutes as guys like Thommo, TPG, and Vaughn next season, and doesn't up his game, it will be the beginning of the end for TBaz.

No argument Tolman couldn't stay, he was on too much ???? explain that line to me

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
No argument Tolman couldn't stay, he was on too much ???? explain that line to me
Tolman would of been cheap to retain but he was a powder puff and it was time to move on. Maybe another 1 year considering everything wouldn't of been too bad (I always rated him higher than Napa) but we definitely wouldn't of wanted him next year.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It is almost unheard of these days for a player to get a new contract at the same team that is less than 50% of what they have been earning for the past several seasons. Personally it goes against my admiration for loyalty, but it is the reality in this day and age. Clubs aren't going to take the risk that the player will be able to maintain their motivation after that big of a pay cut.