Opinion Hetherington

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hetherington gets noticed because he does a 20m run once every two games and makes some PCM. But he doesn't slide well enough in defense, doesn't read the game, gives away too many penalties, and doesn't get nearly enough work done for the time he has on field.

If he wants to keep playing the way he is, then he is benchie at best, but even then he needs to get through more work.
Ava played 24 minutes less than Hetherington yet made 1 more tackle and only 2 runs less. It's getting beyond stupid now, why do so many of our fans ignore this blatant rubbish every week? Better yet how does Baz justify starting him and giving him 50+ minutes every week? What an awful signing, only worse when you consider the fact we're paying around 400k for him next season. Praying to God that the third year is a club option because I wouldn't be surprised if his wage jumps up again in the final year, then again the donkey Baz would still probably activate it.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ava played 24 minutes less than Hetherington yet made 1 more tackle and only 2 runs less. It's getting beyond stupid now, why do so many of our fans ignore this blatant rubbish every week? Better yet how does Baz justify starting him and giving him 50+ minutes every week? What an awful signing, only worse when you consider the fact we're paying around 400k for him next season. Praying to God that the third year is a club option because I wouldn't be surprised if his wage jumps up again in the final year, then again the donkey Baz would still probably activate it.
There is no way they aren't seeing it. They look at the stats front ways, back ways, and side ways. There is also no way that they aren't talking to him, in fact we know that Furner has been working with him in regards his tackling technique, it was stated. My best guess is that given the season is a bust anyway they are continuing to give him every chance to show more of the potential they believe he has, to convert more of the enthusiasm, fitness, and athleticism they see on the training paddock into game day performance.

He needs about a 50% improvement in his numbers to begin to justify his pay packet. Needs to double his numbers if he wants to get an improved pay rate at his next contract.

That still leaves the question as to how well he understands the game, but we'll leave that to the side for the moment, want to see an improvement in his work rate first.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sometimes metres mean jack shit, it is the amount of hit ups you do and yesterday Thommo had 2 to 3 times more hit ups even with his sin bin, while the others catted it like they were scared, Vaughan will have plenty of carries so he will be a big help with TPJ, the others should give themselves an uppercut for watching and not rolling up the sleeves.

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I have no idea what Baz is trying to do, perfect example is Atoni, only gets 15mins? Also refused to pick him in the team for weeks, then the week he signs for the Roosters he decides to pick him in the team lol, why would you do that

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
His work rate is rubbish for the same reason he has brain snaps.. he doesn't know how to regulate and has no self control..

Hes too excitable and it reflects in his state of play..

Hes good for one big run and shooting out of the line a few times and then his spent because he can't control his adrenaline..

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I am not sticking up for Hetherington but stats dont give you the real story all the time.
Like if a player played 30 minutes in the 1st half yesterday against the Sharks may never had received the ball such as was the possession flow.
Sick of commentators even talking about run metres etc., when one team has 75% of possession is never mentioned.
Like Lewis had 118 metres when most were the charge down run, Avo had 77 metres when 50 of them were just running 2 metres and shovelling the ball without creating anything.
What do they prove
Stop looking at stats and look at the context of the game.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I am not sticking up for Hetherington but stats dont give you the real story all the time.
Like if a player played 30 minutes in the 1st half yesterday against the Sharks may never had received the ball such as was the possession flow.
Sick of commentators even talking about run metres etc., when one team has 75% of possession is never mentioned.
Like Lewis had 118 metres when most were the charge down run, Avo had 77 metres when 50 of them were just running 2 metres and shovelling the ball without creating anything.
What do they prove
What a load of shit, absolute rubbish. Watch the game, look at the numbers...clear as day he does fuck all on the field and it has been a trend across his entire NRL career.

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What do they prove
Context of the game, Hetherington our starting prop played 50 odd minutes and ran the ball 5 times, that is a disgrace

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Context of the game, Hetherington our starting prop played 50 odd minutes and ran the ball 5 times, that is a disgrace
They just don't get it. Now for some more damning numbers. BBO in 31 minutes made 26 tackles... Featherington in 53 minutes made 17. It's a fucking disgusting. Our 19 year old Flegg halfback playing out of position is doing more, fuck me.

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What a load of shit, absolute rubbish. Watch the game, look at the numbers...clear as day he does fuck all on the field and it has been a trend across his entire NRL career.
Did I not say I am not sticking up for Hetherington.
Just pointing out that people are using stats like run metres etc. without looking at the context of the game.
Neither for or against him but I certainly know how you feel.
BTW I've watched more games than you've had breakfasts.

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
They just don't get it. Now for some more damning numbers. BBO in 31 minutes made 26 tackles... Featherington in 53 minutes made 17. It's a fucking disgusting. Our 19 year old Flegg halfback playing out of position is doing more, fuck me.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
yes it looks bad, but avo also only had 5 runs also, so what does this tell you??
we had for most of the game 33% football, what that means as you would have seen if you watched the game, we were coming off our own line for the most of the fuking half.
so in that case, the fullback and the wingers were taking most of the runs from dummy half, probably 4 out of the 6 tackles, leaving one run from a middle then a kick.
now when we had the ball and the run of play after halftime, Hetho was off the field.
learn to watch the game properly and lets put this is perspective.

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Look at Napa's stats.
yes it looks bad, but avo also only had 5 runs also, so what does this tell you??
we had for most of the game 33% football, what that means as you would have seen if you watched the game, we were coming off our own line for the most of the fuking half.
so in that case, the fullback and the wingers were taking most of the runs from dummy half, probably 4 out of the 6 tackles, leaving one run from a middle then a kick.
now when we had the ball and the run of play after halftime, Hetho was off the field.
A bit of common sense.

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think I will get my tips from someone who can actually get the players names right, thanks for the advice anyway mate