Hetherington, Staines and Burton

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I wonder what trents plan for 9 is
I've believed for a while that we would get Mitch Kenny... Just a guess though, haven't seen enough of him to have an opinion of him yet

Last edited:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The week before Penrith playing in the Grand Final and he starts following us on Twitter. Plus a host of players.

Could be a coincidence but I doubt it. Smells to me that his manager is trying to leaverage for a move, and is having Burton go through the standard steps to distance himself from the club. If he's playing hardball I'd expect some article, or quote midweek of Burton saying he's so excited about the finals but also his frustration at not being in contention for the team. As a result, he feels he's got no other choice but to look elsewhere to start.

Doesn't mean he'll 100% sign with us, but I think it's a good indication that he's leaning that way at the very least. The young lad will be following instructions at how to play this out properly.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He follows the bunnies too. As much as id like to get happy about the hype i think its just a coincidence
Question is when did he start following them?

To start following teams in the week leading up to the Panthers first grandfinal in a while ... cooincidence or not, it won't go unnoticed by Panthers officials imo.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The week before Penrith playing in the Grand Final and he starts following us on Twitter. Plus a host of players.

Could be a coincidence but I doubt it. Smells to me that his manager is trying to leaverage for a move, and is having Burton go through the standard steps to distance himself from the club. If he's playing hardball I'd expect some article, or quote midweek of Burton saying he's so excited about the finals but also his frustration at not being in contention for the team. As a result, he feels he's got no other choice but to look elsewhere to start.

Doesn't mean he'll 100% sign with us, but I think it's a good indication that he's leaning that way at the very least. The young lad will be following instructions at how to play this out properly.
Agree with this - not sure if he's doing it per his managers instructions or whether he is doing it on his own because he has made the decision to sign with us and just wants to follow us.

Personally I don't think it's a coincidence as the timing and reason is very suspicious. Why would he follow us, a wooden spoon side that he seemingly has no connection to, 2 weeks before he is eligible to sign with us, after he have been negotiating with him for months? If he rejected us, why would he start to follow us? Did Charlie Staines follow us after he rejected us? I checked, and the answer is no.

As other people have mentioned, when a NRL player starts following a team, it means they have signed (or in this case agreed to come since he cant officially sign with us yet). It could be trolling, but much more likely, it's means it's a done deal. Especially after watching Laui's form over the last 2 months, he probably realizes his path to FG at Penrith is blocked for the next few years.

Hopefully this means he's coming next year. With Flanagan and Burton in the halves and Avo at 1, even with JMK at 9, we should be pushing for a top 8 spot next year. And the best thing is Lewis will be stuck in CC....................fuck yeah

Also love the fact that he's following KingJames. Hopefully he enjoyed the Lakers win this year...and next year.

Dapper Dog

Deitz-ciple
Reaction score
how has he got it good?

doesn’t start and isn’t even a back half with may ahead of him!
Agreed. Being around the team right now and not having a position in that side, nor a clear path into that side, would have to be playing on his mind right now.

His best hope there is covering for an injured player in what will always be Cleary and Luai's team, versus coming into a rebuilding dogs' side that will be his team to start with.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't want a Flanagan Burton combo.
Think for one second.
Young reject paired with a Young fourth string half.
you can have one, but not the other.

we need Townsend !
I feel for Flanagan. Robinson shattered the young kids confidence. A few weeks ago he boasted to the media that he dumped him rather than show more diplomacy. Now he's pinned it all on Kyle of the reason of been denied a three peat.
Robinson has been exposed again after Maloney left and now Cronk. Flanagan will be a good one if he comes to us. He will have a coach who can turn a good honest halfback into a better one.