Hetherington - Front Row or Back Row

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Its quite likely that Thompson may play as a prop. But not because it's his best position,
it's because of the dearth of capable front rowers. His best asset is his speed, his defence, his backing up, and running on to a ball.
He is about 102kgs which is small compared to good front rowers. He is Tolman size.
He will go OK as a prop if needed, but it is a waste of his footy ability. I have faith in BAZ and I hope he can see that.
you do realise he has never played edge forward? he will play prop and that is his best spot, taking the 2nd hit up after vaughn. TPJ is also a middle but due to lacking edge forwards he will probably start there on a edge.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
you do realise he has never played edge forward? he will play prop and that is his best spot, taking the 2nd hit up after vaughn. TPJ is also a middle but due to lacking edge forwards he will probably start there on a edge.
Do you realise he has always played as an edge forward in the UK, even though he was rostered as a prop.
He never plays the traditional prop forward game. Playing him as a prop will severely dent his brilliance as a footballer.
He must be able to run the footy. Not bash and barge.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Do you realise he has always played as an edge forward in the UK, even though he was rostered as a prop.
He never plays the traditional prop forward game. Playing him as a prop will severely dent his brilliance as a footballer.
He must be able to run the footy. Not bash and barge
I have never seen a game where Thompson has played outside the middle 1/3rd of the field.

Always a Bulldog

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When comparing both their atributes, body type,running stile, speed, ability to off load etc, it just looks to me that TPJ would be better suited playing in the middle and Thompson playing on the edge.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its quite likely that Thompson may play as a prop. But not because it's his best position,
it's because of the dearth of capable front rowers. His best asset is his speed, his defence, his backing up, and running on to a ball.
He is about 102kgs which is small compared to good front rowers. He is Tolman size.
He will go OK as a prop if needed, but it is a waste of his footy ability. I have faith in BAZ and I hope he can see that.
Dont look at weight and height for the players, none of them are acurate.

Thompson will be in the middle

Hetherington will be at fullback before Thompson ends up on an edge

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He must be able to run the footy. Not bash and barge.
He never played as a edge forward nor went outside the middle 3rd of the field, not sure what games you are watching

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He never played as a edge forward nor went outside the middle 3rd of the field, not sure what games you are watching
Thompson was a prolific try scorer in the UK. He managed that feat by running off players like Walmsley and Fages.
He did his share of hit ups and is a very effective forward.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Thompson was a prolific try scorer in the UK. He managed that feat by running off players like Walmsley and Fages.
He did his share of hit ups and is a very effective forward.
yes he was at prop not on a edge

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sadly i feel this guy will have a decent season and big deals may come for him ,as long as Waddell, Stimson and Mariner are off the books where a chance

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Sadly i feel this guy will have a decent season and big deals may come for him ,as long as Waddell, Stimson and Mariner are off the books where a chance
Who’s mariner?

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Back row. Run hard and improve tackling technique and he will solidify that role.

RabiedDog

Waterboy
Reaction score
A mate of mine went to training before Xmas and they had a first grade run vs reserve grade opposed session

Our first grade starting side was:

Dufty okunbur Eli Clark naden fox burton Averillo
Middles: Jackson patolo Vaughan
Edges : TPJ (left) and Hetherington (right)
Hooker : JMK

Eli Clark is a kid from sg ball

Red singlet blokes who can’t do contact were burns, lumelume, schoupp

The halves for the reserves were wakeham and Flanagan

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The same question could be asked for TPJ,Potalo and RFM. I think Hetherington will flourish in the back row