• Hero Dad

• Bully

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Most of this shit stems from shitty parenting, or the whole "My little Johnny would never do that", so confronting the parents is pointless.

All this bullying awareness crap about "talk out against bullying" is pointless. It's giving an audience to someone that wants an audience.

The only way bullying will ever stop (in school, not outside it), is if children are taught to ignore the bullying. Once the kid (bully) grows tired of getting no reaction, they'll try another victim. If eventually no kid bites, they'll knock it off.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
you mean you will threaten me more than last time? cos that's all happened last time. hehe
Sometimes that's all you need to do lol.. I've never hit anyone in my life .. OK maybe only my brother who would try to force me to clean up the mess after we raided the fridge after-school.
He made this stupid rule that the last person to use the stuff had to put it back and clean up.. So he'd take out the cheese, tomatoes, bread, salt etc, grill up his sandwiches, make me hungry so then I'd do the same then he expected me to clean it all up.. Oh wow the punch on's we had

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think the step dad should have spanked the kid rather than choked and then drove the kid to his house and told the parents and if the kids dad didn’t care then go one on one with the Dad to show the kid that there’s consequences to these sorts of things.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Turns out there's a twist.

The cumstain bully kid was DATING the step daughter on and off for a few months before the bullying started.

I wonder... are the family milking this for every dollar they can get?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was waiting for your input on this, and you didn't disappoint. lol
Lol i don't know the full story but if my kids were getting to bullied to the point of becoming suicidal and all other peaceful avenues hadn't changed a thing id have no problem using violence against the guilty

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
From someone who got bullied from grades 3 - 10 (the early onset of puberty didn’t help my cause either) I can tell you that the reason no school will admit to bullying problems is because they are more concerned about their “Good Name” and those parents who earn more money than god. That and they are too scared and gutless to do anything.

Nearly every school in Townsville (the public ones anyway) is bad now and are more concerned about kids wearing the correct uniform than their learning.

All I can say is good on the dad if that was the last resort.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
If you agree to be on either ACA or 60 mins you are milking the story.
I'm sure he didn't ask for that idiot kid to record it for the world to see, nor did he ask for that mutt to bully his daughter, nor did he go to 60 mins and ask them to air the story. He was first and foremost protecting his family. He was probably also sick to death of his step-daughters cries going unanswered and he obviously saw it was distressing his wife so he intervened. And he didn't want to hit him, he just wanted to talk.

There are 2 sides to every story Kaz. This bloke is NOT in the wrong here.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good job the little prick. Bet he nearly pissed his pants too lol.

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I'm sure he didn't ask for that idiot kid to record it for the world to see.
Maybe not, but he committed a crime in a public place and should have been prepared for the possibility someone might film his illegal action.

I'm sure he didn't ask for that idiot kid to record it for the world to see, nor did he ask for that mutt to bully his daughter, nor did he go to 60 mins and ask them to air the story. He was first and foremost protecting his family. He was probably also sick to death of his step-daughters cries going unanswered and he obviously saw it was distressing his wife so he intervened. And he didn't want to hit him, he just wanted to talk.

There are 2 sides to every story Kaz. This bloke is NOT in the wrong here.
Sure there are two sides and nobody is saying the kid was an angel or innocent in this....people are just pointing out he shouldn't have been assaulted by a supposedly responsible adult. He WAS in thew wrong. He broke the law. he snapped and was totally out of line. He's lucky his punishment was so light. He also clearly willingly participated in a story which glorified his actions, regardless of how the story came to light.

He may have just wanted to talk, but he totally lost it and it's wrong to glorify that kind of behaviour....anyone who says otherwise is a few sandwiches short of a pic-a-nic basket as far as I'm concerned.

I guess most if not all of us are capable of losing it in trying circumstances. But glorifying actions like this is just wrong IMHO.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
QUESTION: Has the kid bullied anyone since?
If No then the actions resolved the problem.
If Yes then someone needs to repeat it perhaps more forcefully.

Clearly the little ***** parents are incapable of disciplining their kid, so it's left up to others to do.

That said this story needs to go away (ditto Dolly Everett - which it's now come out she was causing problems at boarding school that may have contributed to the bullying).

Wahesh

Reaction score
Maybe not, but he committed a crime in a public place and should have been prepared for the possibility someone might film his illegal action.

Sure there are two sides and nobody is saying the kid was an angel or innocent in this....people are just pointing out he shouldn't have been assaulted by a supposedly responsible adult. He WAS in thew wrong. He broke the law. he snapped and was totally out of line. He's lucky his punishment was so light. He also clearly willingly participated in a story which glorified his actions, regardless of how the story came to light.

He may have just wanted to talk, but he totally lost it and it's wrong to glorify that kind of behaviour....anyone who says otherwise is a few sandwiches short of a pic-a-nic basket as far as I'm concerned.

I guess most if not all of us are capable of losing it in trying circumstances. But glorifying actions like this is just wrong IMHO.
Who committed the first crime? The little shit did by bullying the girl. Wouldn't that be considered psychological abuse? The father stepped in when the authorities wouldn't. Sure the father committed an offense and was charged with an offense, but he was not charged with a crime - and the fact that you're actually defending the kid tells me that you're the one who is one can short of a 6 pack!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
QUESTION: Has the kid bullied anyone since?
If No then the actions resolved the problem.
If Yes then someone needs to repeat it perhaps more forcefully.

Clearly the little ***** parents are incapable of disciplining their kid, so it's left up to others to do.

That said this story needs to go away (ditto Dolly Everett - which it's now come out she was causing problems at boarding school that may have contributed to the bullying).
What nonsense. It was NOT this man's job to discipline that teen no matter how much of a little shit he was. He would have no doubt received a harsher sentence if he wasn't a firefighter. His efforts to put out fires may be heroic, but his attempts to choke and manhandle a minor were in no way excusable....let alone commendable. A responsible adult would have set a better example. I'm not saying he's a monster, or should be excessively villified, but he did the wrong thing and heralding him as a hero is absurd. In what universe is physically manhandling someone much smaller and younger than ones self a heroic act?

As for Dolly Everett, recent info I've read suggests she started to encounter disciplinary issues AFTER she started getting bullied.....not before. Nobody is really certain what happened in either situation unless they were there, but one thing is certain- Dolly Everett is dead. She took her own life the day before she was scheduled to return to school. Doesn't sound like she was the antagonist to me.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Who committed the first crime? The little shit did by bullying the girl. Wouldn't that be considered psychological abuse? The father stepped in when the authorities wouldn't. Sure the father committed an offense and was charged with an offense, but he was not charged with a crime - and the fact that you're actually defending the kid tells me that you're the one who is one can short of a 6 pack!
Of course he was charged wiuth a crime...the crime was assault....you talk such horse shit. If the bully committed a crime prior to the dad's crime he should have done what any sensible person would do....and reported it. Trying to defend assaulting a minor....for any reason is absurd. Anyone who says otherwise has a broken moral compass IMO. What he did was in no way justifiable. that's wht he was charged with and convicted of a crime. He escaped greater punishment because of his community standing as a firefighter. Don't try to argue he didn't commit a crime though dude. That is objectively wrong.

I'm not defending the kid....except to say he had the right not to be manhandled by an adult. You need to learn to comprehend an argument, mate. It's not about defending the kid....you are trying to glorify someone who also did the wrong thing.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Coward. The Dad should've proper finished him

Wahesh

Reaction score
Of course he was charged wiuth a crime...the crime was assault....you talk such horse shit. If the bully committed a crime prior to the dad's crime he should have done what any sensible person would do....and reported it. Trying to defend assaulting a minor....for any reason is absurd. Anyone who says otherwise has a broken moral compass IMO. What he did was in no way justifiable. that's wht he was charged with and convicted of a crime. He escaped greater punishment because of his community standing as a firefighter. Don't try to argue he didn't commit a crime though dude. That is objectively wrong.

I'm not defending the kid....except to say he had the right not to be manhandled by an adult. You need to learn to comprehend an argument, mate. It's not about defending the kid....you are trying to glorify someone who also did the wrong thing.
The father stood up for his family when the law wouldn't - you tell me who's wrong, the law of the land or common sense.

And no, the father was given a $1000 fine, but this was not a crime, it was an offense. There is a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.