• Hero Dad

• Bully

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s all good and well to stand up to bullies, I just think resorting up physical stuff is not the best example to set and can’t realky be condoned. The father has admitted that and probably wishes he could have the moment over again.

But having said that, it sounds like you handled the situation pretty well and your son clearly knows how to handle himself.

I can see why that frustration would bubble over when the victim was less equipped to handle themselves, I just don’t think resorting to physicality was right and I think the father in question probably regrets his action no matter how many flaps on the back he’s getting at the pub.

I understand the kid was a little shot and gave him attitude. I see how it happened. Just don’t thinknit was a heroic act. And while I understand the circumstances that led to the reaction, I don’t think it should be condoned.
And I think political correctness has gone way too far, just saying.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
And I think political correctness has gone way too far, just saying.
Don’t see what this has to do with political correctness. Ehatvyhe man did was illegal under the law, he’s been before the court and were simply discussing whether what he did was an act of heroism.

Think you’re confusing the issue a bit.... just saying.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would have paid some other kid to box his ears in
As I could not afford a criminal record

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don’t see what this has to do with political correctness. Ehatvyhe man did was illegal under the law, he’s been before the court and were simply discussing whether what he did was an act of heroism.

Think you’re confusing the issue a bit.... just saying.
What Mr Bladen did is illegal under the law and if the child in question wasn't lacking discipline and knew how to show respect toward his peers and elders this situation may never have happened. We live in a politically correct society in which most people today have opinions and statements to make. As individuals, we like to put in our two cents and show others how smart we are. However, when it comes to social pressure and appeasing people around us, we tend to turn down motivation and hold back when faced with possible alienation and criticism. Political correctness shuns at the old ideas of discipline and the old faithful whack across the back side including being verbally disciplined by a parent as a deterrent for bad behavior, but in doing so creates a whole new set of problems for the family unit.

Discipline is not only good for children, it is necessary for their happiness and well-being. Discipline is as vital for healthy child development as nutritious food, physical and cognitive exercises, love, and other basic needs. Without discipline, children lack the tools necessary to navigate relationships and challenges in life such as self-discipline, respect for others, and the ability to cooperate with peers.

Contrary to what some parents may mistakenly believe, children who are not regularly disciplined are not happy. In fact, failure to discipline children often results in kids who are unhappy, angry, and even resentful. To those around him, a child who is not disciplined will be unpleasant company, and a child without discipline may find it difficult to make friends and thus become a bully. #just saying :grinning:

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He is a bully.

He is just making an excuse to what he did.

The boy should have smiled out of fear.

Sometimes when I hear bad news I laugh, doesn't mean I found it funny.

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same. If some guy abused my kid for being a bully and I didn't know about it, I would walk up to that guy and shake his hand. Then when we got home, I would discipline my kid - and if my kid was a boy, he would get a physical disciplining!
I do agree with your first post, but there is no way in hell I'd shake a grown mans hand if he handled my kid in that way and threw punches, I'd be out for blood. Don't care what he's done, I'll deal with him but nobody touches my kid like that, especially an adult

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is a bully.

He wasn't being a bully, bullies continuously do it, he was sticking up for his step daughter without the intention of it going that far. There were no excuses made, he owned up to it and regretted his actions. The little shit I can guarantee smiled at him being a smart ass, not out of fear, that's just a cop out

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
What Mr Bladen did is illegal under the law and if the child in question wasn't lacking discipline and knew how to show respect toward his peers and elders this situation may never have happened. We live in a politically correct society in which most people today have opinions and statements to make. As individuals, we like to put in our two cents and show others how smart we are. However, when it comes to social pressure and appeasing people around us, we tend to turn down motivation and hold back when faced with possible alienation and criticism. Political correctness shuns at the old ideas of discipline and the old faithful whack across the back side including being verbally disciplined by a parent as a deterrent for bad behavior, but in doing so creates a whole new set of problems for the family unit.

Discipline is not only good for children, it is necessary for their happiness and well-being. Discipline is as vital for healthy child development as nutritious food, physical and cognitive exercises, love, and other basic needs. Without discipline, children lack the tools necessary to navigate relationships and challenges in life such as self-discipline, respect for others, and the ability to cooperate with peers.

Contrary to what some parents may mistakenly believe, children who are not regularly disciplined are not happy. In fact, failure to discipline children often results in kids who are unhappy, angry, and even resentful. To those around him, a child who is not disciplined will be unpleasant company, and a child without discipline may find it difficult to make friends and thus become a bully. #just saying :grinning:
Whether the kid was disciplined or not is not really what’s being debated though... the debate is whether Mr Bladem should be lauded for losing his temper with the kid and grabbing him by the throat.... I say he was overreaching a bit if you’ll excuse the pun.

If political correctness is resulting in an increasing lack of discipline in society, wouldn’t logic dictate that there would actually be more other indisciplined kids for an undisciplined kid to make friends with?

Bullying has been around forever dude... don’t think you can put that down to political correctness.

If you believe political correctness has gone too far, that’s fair enough.... still think you’re stretching.

Maybe you’re trying to say discipline has eroded the family unit and that kid may have become a bully because his parents didn’t set boundaries, that may or may not be the case.... but parents going around administering vigilante discipline to other people’s kids by physically grabbing them by the throat has always been frowned upon and I don’t think it makes the guy a hero.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, in my politically correct opinion, it’s well past my bedtime. Please don’t think I lack discipline. Ive been up late practicing being politically correct again. Practice is part of acquiring discipline, right? ;) :p

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He went about it the wrong way. The stepdad should have confronted the bullies parents and let them know what's going and if they didn't sort it out, he will be sorting out the bullies old man.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I do agree with your first post, but there is no way in hell I'd shake a grown mans hand if he handled my kid in that way and threw punches, I'd be out for blood. Don't care what he's done, I'll deal with him but nobody touches my kid like that, especially an adult
Not punching, just pushing and shit. I do draw the line at handling a kid like an adult.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He is a bully.

I agree , the step father did bully the bully .

Not saying its wrong or it's right just saying he used the same method. He actually used physical and mental abuse to retaliate.

When my son was in kindy he told me this kid called him a pig (my son was a little chubby then) but it broke my heart.. When the kids lined up for class the next morning I asked my son who lachlan was, he pointed him out and I approached him and told him not to ever call my son that name again or else he will be in big trouble with his teacher , his mother and the police . The kid shit himself..
I felt like my message was clear and they became friends that day lol.. However If he took my husband's advice he would've picked up a chair or whatever he had next to him and smash him over the head with it. I kid you not that was a real conversation he was having with his 5 year old!!

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree , the step father did bully the bully .

Not saying its wrong or it's right just saying he used the same method. He actually used physical and mental abuse to retaliate.

When my son was in kindy he told me this kid called him a pig (my son was a little chubby then) but it broke my heart.. When the kids lined up for class the next morning I asked my son who lachlan was, he pointed him out and I approached him and told him not to ever call my son that name again or else he will be in big trouble with his teacher , his mother and the police . The kid shit himself..
I felt like my message was clear and they became friends that day lol.. However If he took my husband's advice he would've picked up a chair or whatever he had next to him and smash him over the head with it. I kid you not that was a real conversation he was having with his 5 year old!!

I am glad you didn't tell him that your husband is 6 foot 3 and he will bash him up. Also didn't you try to scare him with the story where your husband bashed up and smashed the phone on the head of that hektik lebbo guy who was trying to call his mates. lol

Last edited:

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not punching, just pushing and shit. I do draw the line at handling a kid like an adult.
Yeah that's exactly what I'm saying, coz he did handle him like an adult and threw a punch or few. As I said I share your view but if that was my kid, Mr bladen would be waking up in St Vincent's. I'd expect repercussions from the other dad if I did that to a young kid. I would actually like to hear from the other father, no mention of him at all.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I am glad you didn't tell him that your husband is 6 foot 3 and he will bash him up. Also didn't you try to scare him with the story where your husband bashed up and smashed the phone on the head of that hektik lebbo guy who was trying to call his mates. lol
you have a good memory. We were just talking about that the other day.

Thank God my son has common sense and is a calm intellectual.

Just to let you know when I met and married my husband he was as calm and polite as they come, his street fighting days and boxing career were just distant memories but deep down when pushed I guess that's just how he deals with aggressive people .

He was bullied mercilessly at school due to perphies disease and had to clippers on his legs for 18 months and was also very small for his age

When he turned 16 he started boxing and by 18 he grew a whole foot and started fighting professionally for 5 years or so.. He talks and looks like he wouldn't hurt a fly and he does get talked to aggressively because of it.
That's when he asks them to step outside to continue the conversation lol

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
you have a good memory. We were just talking about that the other day.

Thank God my son has common sense and is a calm intellectual.

Just to let you know when I met and married my husband he was as calm and polite as they come, his street fighting days and boxing career were just distant memories but deep down when pushed I guess that's just how he deals with aggressive people .

He was bullied mercilessly at school due to perphies disease and had to clippers on his legs for 18 months and was also very small for his age

When he turned 16 he started boxing and by 18 he grew a whole foot and started fighting professionally for 5 years or so.. He talks and looks like he wouldn't hurt a fly and he does get talked to aggressively because of it.
That's when he asks them to step outside to continue the conversation lol

are you trying to threaten me again? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.