WWOS MOLE Herman Ese’ese

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
And Bateman has killed it? So have most of the forwards that came from England. It’s the backs that have struggled when coming over here
Sam Burgess, Adrian Morley the list goes on...

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Gareth Ellis was a gun too. Graham, burgess, bateman, Morley, whitehead etc. it’s the backs that don’t cut it

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Gareth Ellis was a gun too. Graham, burgess, bateman, Morley, whitehead etc. it’s the backs that don’t cut it
That's because the backs haven't really come over here in their prime lately, either to early or to late.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
That's because the backs haven't really come over here in their prime lately, either to early or to late.
All well and good to say but our backs that go there aren’t elite and win top awards.

Besides barba the rest have been average at best here and gone on there to be “stars”

I am fairly confident in their elite forwards being nrl top players. Not backs.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
All well and good to say but our backs that go there aren’t elite and win top awards.

Besides barba the rest have been average at best here and gone on there to be “stars”

I am fairly confident in their elite forwards being nrl top players. Not backs.
May be true, but Brian Carney came here and was great. Ryan Hall is solid but should have come out in 2012 imo, Keith Senior another hard centre. I think the biggest reason why England backs aren't as elite across the board is because of the lack of quality halves in that comp, the style they attack with when placed against nrl defensive attitude and structure places them under immense pressure to which most don't adapt to.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bulldogs to miss out on key signing target Herman Ese'ese, two priorities remain
2 hours ago
The Bulldogs' recruitment drive is poised to suffer a blow, with the club set to miss out on Kiwi Test prop Herman Ese'see for next season.

After a disastrous year, the Bulldogs have money to spend and were targeting three big names: Jesse Ramien, Apisai Koroisau and Ese'ese.

Of the three, Knights prop Ese'ese was considered the most likely to join the club - but things have changed.

Ramien and Koroisau have both increased their asking price and as a result, the Bulldogs now cannot afford all three.

Sources within the Bulldogs ranks have told Wide World of Sports that of the trio, the club is most likely to drop off Ese'ese.

Knights prop Herman Ese'ese (R). (AAP)
The Bulldogs are desperate for a top-rate hooker, so Koroisau is a priority. They have scored the least points in the NRL after 20 games, so they also see Ramien as a vital signing.

Several rival clubs are certain to target Ese'ese, who has been let go by the Knights for next year due to salary cap pressure.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/bulldo...e-ramien/6ddde7e7-f636-4d29-a381-71f0f6101352

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bulldogs to miss out on key signing target Herman Ese'ese, two priorities remain
2 hours ago
The Bulldogs' recruitment drive is poised to suffer a blow, with the club set to miss out on Kiwi Test prop Herman Ese'see for next season.

After a disastrous year, the Bulldogs have money to spend and were targeting three big names: Jesse Ramien, Apisai Koroisau and Ese'ese.

Of the three, Knights prop Ese'ese was considered the most likely to join the club - but things have changed.

Ramien and Koroisau have both increased their asking price and as a result, the Bulldogs now cannot afford all three.

Sources within the Bulldogs ranks have told Wide World of Sports that of the trio, the club is most likely to drop off Ese'ese.

Knights prop Herman Ese'ese (R). (AAP)
The Bulldogs are desperate for a top-rate hooker, so Koroisau is a priority. They have scored the least points in the NRL after 20 games, so they also see Ramien as a vital signing.

Several rival clubs are certain to target Ese'ese, who has been let go by the Knights for next year due to salary cap pressure.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/bulldo...e-ramien/6ddde7e7-f636-4d29-a381-71f0f6101352
We'll probably miss out on ramien and Api aswell lmaoo

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
The Tiger's are putting in offers and overs for Api, Herman and Ramein but have no cap space at all, is that legal? They cannot get rid of the over paid duds they want to let go of to free up space.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Tigers aren't going to sign Ramien with Marsters and Mbye. They've been waiting years to give Liddle the #1 Hooker spot. If Ese'ese picks Tigers over us for the same $ (imo he's worth 300k), then let him go.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’d rather not pay any of the 3 overs. They aren’t superstars by any means and all come with their negatives. Api (injuries) Ramien (form other influences outside of football he can’t seem to leave at the door) ESE ( doesn’t seem to want to get better. Reports of missing training)
Not the end of the world if we miss on them to be honest. Would be nice to get them but not a disaster if not

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm not fussed over missing out on Ese Ese. I think he's a solid player but props like him are a dime a dozen so there's no point getting into a bidding war and overpaying for a bench prop.

Ogden and Renouf could fill that role next season quite well.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’d rather not pay any of the 3 overs. They aren’t superstars by any means and all come with their negatives. Api (injuries) Ramien (form other influences outside of football he can’t seem to leave at the door) ESE ( doesn’t seem to want to get better. Reports of missing training)
Not the end of the world if we miss on them to be honest. Would be nice to get them but not a disaster if not
From memory wasn't there a police or court issue with Herman E before he left the dogs - apologies if my fading memory has it wrong.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not fussed over missing out on Ese Ese. I think he's a solid player but props like him are a dime a dozen so there's no point getting into a bidding war and overpaying for a bench prop.

Ogden and Renouf could fill that role next season quite well.
Exactly I just don't want the club to buy a forward and lose Ogden/Toomanga in tje process.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Exactly I just don't want the club to buy a forward and lose Ogden/Toomanga in tje process.
imo Ogden doesn't have enough impact of the bench, I think he's a 40-50 minute Prop. If Ogden took his starting chance with both hands, maybe Napa already on the bench and he's starting. Now I think it's going to be hard for him to get into our 17. I like Smith and Sue (age/injury prone) over Toomaga for the bench.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From memory wasn't there a police or court issue with Herman E before he left the dogs - apologies if my fading memory has it wrong.
You are right. He was charged for drink driving, i think, and missed the initial court appearance.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
You are right. He was charged for drink driving, i think, and missed the initial court appearance.
Sounds right - I thought it was, he didn't tell the club and the club found out after he failed to show up at court - three strikes with one incident!