WWOS MOLE Herman Ese’ese

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think Ogden and To'omaga have been pumped up a little to high.

No doubt Ogden adds more impact than Smith, though they are different types of players.

When you look at our last crop of forwards who came through our grades - Kasiano, Tapau, Jackson, Finucane, Klemmer - Ogden and To'omaga are nowhere near as capable and influential at the same stage of there careers.

tbh, over the last few years we have had crapolla come up through our grades. The only one who looks promising to me is Brandon Wakeham
Ogden was our best forward and looked brilliant before pay started fucking him around

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think Ogden and To'omaga have been pumped up a little to high.

No doubt Ogden adds more impact than Smith, though they are different types of players.

When you look at our last crop of forwards who came through our grades - Kasiano, Tapau, Jackson, Finucane, Klemmer - Ogden and To'omaga are nowhere near as capable and influential at the same stage of there careers.

tbh, over the last few years we have had crapolla come up through our grades. The only one who looks promising to me is Brandon Wakeham
Well said - of those playing senior football atm Wakeham seems to be the most likely to become a first grade quality player. There depth in the 20s and 18s and 16s is the strongest it has been since about 2011 and 2012 - this year the club seemed to take a huge step forward in junior development, although letting Tommy Talau leave i believe was a mistake.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ogden was our best forward and looked brilliant before pay started fucking him around
Ogden has football ability. Sadly he doesnt have the ability to impose himself on the game.
He gets lazy, he doesnt back up enough, he stands back and lets the others do the work. (usually Tolman).
He came to the Dogs with a "hit man" image. It hasnt been seen.
Until such time as he increases his work load, he will be just another footballer.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good signing. If we can get api and a decent ctr, either from outside or internally, we should be very competitive.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Good signing. If we can get api and a decent ctr, either from outside or internally, we should be very competitive.
I would only get one gun centre at the moment. I'd keep Hoppa as the other centre until Alamoti is ready for first grade(maybe about 2 years away), he's our own version of Latrell Mitchell, although he could be better than Mitchell.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I’d take Herman for 3 years... why not stability for both parties. As long as the price is right and contract not back loaded.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I’d take Herman for 3 years... why not stability for both parties. As long as the price is right and contract not back loaded.
I dunno, I think I prefer the shorter deal. Doesn't lock us in for too long if things go bad while it puts some more responsibility on the player to perform for their next contract. Sure we might lose out on some players to bigger offers down the track, but at least the club is showing potential players that if you come here you will play good footy and potentially set yourself up with a bigger contract with us or another club a few years down the track.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Easily sorted, give him a two year contract with an optional third year in the clubs favor, meaning there would be no complacency on Herman's part if he wishes a third year.

But of cause it all comes down to the $ factor.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I dunno, I think I prefer the shorter deal. Doesn't lock us in for too long if things go bad while it puts some more responsibility on the player to perform for their next contract. Sure we might lose out on some players to bigger offers down the track, but at least the club is showing potential players that if you come here you will play good footy and potentially set yourself up with a bigger contract with us or another club a few years down the track.
Fair point but you can make it 2 years with 3rd year in the clubs favour. I’d prefer the shorter deal if we were taking a gamble on a young superstar who could potentially not live up to their hype but Herman wouldn’t be offered a cap breaking deal, 3 years no problem.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Fair point but you can make it 2 years with 3rd year in the clubs favour. I’d prefer the shorter deal if we were taking a gamble on a young superstar who could potentially not live up to their hype but Herman wouldn’t be offered a cap breaking deal, 3 years no problem.
Don't think a 3rd in the clubs favour would be that attractive to players tbh, they'd much rather have the guaranteed year. Who knows what sort of $$$ he will be getting, you'd think we wouldn't be offering more than 350k.

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't think a 3rd in the clubs favour would be that attractive to players tbh, they'd much rather have the guaranteed year. Who knows what sort of $$$ he will be getting, you'd think we wouldn't be offering more than 350k.
You're generous

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You're generous
I'd offer him no more than 300k, but idk if that would be enough to get him over the line. That would be a pay cut compared to what he's currently on.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd offer him no more than 300k, but idk if that would be enough to get him over the line. That would be a pay cut compared to what he's currently on.
He’s still contracted for next year maybe the Knights might throw a bit in too.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
It would be appealing for him according to the reports he is very keen on a third year. And to your point he has to play well and back himself to earn it that final year. It’s not unusual. Agree $350k ceiling for Herman hopefully.

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldn't have a clue on what he is on, but i wouldnt be going over 280k for him

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How many fringe forwards will we have in the top 30 for next yr.... lol