Social Media Herbie Farnworth

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Flegler and Herbie were both very good against Penrith. But the interesting thing is that the Hammer had his best performance as a first grader on Sunday and they've signed Herbie as a fullback. Either way, Phins are going to go from strength to strength.

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm a fan of Herbie Farnworth. Consistent and reliable. Can't believe the Bronx kepts Staggs and let him go.

I'd take a consistent performer over an explosive rocks or diamonds player any day of the week.
Monumental fuck up. I'd also take Herbie over Walsh, the guy is a weapon

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why would you want a real FB when you can overpay ANOTHER Penrith centre to pretend to play FB?

One penrith centre pretending to be a half is more than enough.
Agree, I don’t understand the Crichton signing, he’s the only signing under Gould that didn’t make sense unless he acquired him to be a strike centre, the fact he’s been targeted for fb, unproven in the NRL, is strange. Guys like Will Kennedy and Daine Laurie (actual fullbacks) are off contract this year, either of these options are better and cheaper, although neither are rockstars…. They had Reece Walsh wanting to come back home from the Warriors and is the absolute real deal, a future superstar (if not already) and we didn’t even look at him.

the Burton decision I can live with although at the time, I was hoping they pursued Nico Hynes. Again, at the time both were showing signs of potential - we had and still have a love affair with Penrith and this is influencing our decisions.
Months ago I posted what normally a reliable source said " Crichton will be signed as a centre on centre's money with a chance to become a fullback ", I haven't had any updates since other than what Gus just recently said "Crichton wasn't signed as a fullback and is very talented he could play centre wing or fullback and we are hoping some young fullback will pop up in lower grades ".

Last edited:

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's an excuse players can hide behind, another example of losers mentality
And this is why Potter was so good as interim coach - a coach can’t be fluffy ducks with below par performances - Potter regularly insisted “unacceptable” and “not good enough at first grade level” - they responded most of the time, or at a minimum, showed some promise.

Towards the back end (vs Manly) the boys didn’t want to be there…. That intercept pass from Burton was akin to an U8s pass, unexaggerated.

I hope Ciro holds these men to account in due course, giving them warm cuddles and singing koombayaa by the campfire doesn’t fix things - making bold decisions and adjusting to the skill level of this group is key to the teams success.

I’ve said multiple times, this particular group cannot play structured football, so the message is, go out there and play eyes up footy - Adding a brave call needs to be had on our 1 & 7. Oluapo is a no brainer, stick him in there and on Hayze, he played ok, but would be tempted to get Avo or Fox in at fullback.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Months ago I posted what a normally reliable source said " Crichton will be signed as a centre on centre's money with a chance to become a fullback ", I haven't had any updates since other than what Gus just recently said "Crichton wasn't signed as a fullback and is very talented he could play centre wing or fullback and we are hoping some young fullback will pop up in lower grades ".
Thx DV, I missed that commentary - if he’s coming as centre, changes my view.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thx DV, I missed that commentary - if he’s coming as centre, changes my view.
There is no way he is coming as a centre. If that was the case, Xerri wouldn’t have been signed for next year. Alamoti, Xerri, Skelton, Averillo are all fighting for the centre spots

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no way he is coming as a centre. If that was the case, Xerri wouldn’t have been signed for next year. Alamoti, Xerri, Skelton, Averillo are all fighting for the centre spots
Unless Averillo is going to be left right out? Heard a lot of posters say Skelton could go 2nd row (admittedly I haven't really watched him play so dunno how legitimate that move is)

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a fan of Herbie Farnworth. Consistent and reliable. Can't believe the Bronx kepts Staggs and let him go.

I'd take a consistent performer over an explosive rocks or diamonds player any day of the week.
Agree with you in choosing Herbie over Staggs any day of the week, as I think Herbie is about to go next level as a player.

However in fairness to Staggs, he is very under-utilised by the Broncos. The majority of plays go to their left side and out of the few that go right, Jordan Riki often hogs the ball and Reynolds loves to either kick wide or cut out pass to Cobbo, to give him more space (and also probably get it past Riki). Staggs has been criticised for not looking for the ball but whose to say whether he is given free rein to roam in a star studded backline. He certainly does his fair share of hit ups.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We all pretend to know or guess what CC's and Gus's plans are, one thing for sure we will have a lot healthier options.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not sure how it's bad thing if Alamoti, Xerri, Skelton, Averillo are all fighting for the centre spots.

Right now (may change next week/month/year) Averillo looks likely to be the back up centre/fullback, Skelton to RHS back row, with Crichton and Xerri the centres. Perham has this season to cement his spot at fullback and Crichton has the off season to prove he is better than Perham.

To further mix it up, I think the RLPA will get there way and it will be Top 40 next season.

Always a Bulldog

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He will play where the team needs him to .... not sure why this causes so much confusion.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He will play where the team needs him to .... not sure why this causes so much confusion.
It’s not causing confusion. Right now our fullback options are Perham and Averillo. We are weak in that department. What I was getting at was that we are already stacked for centre options. Surely two of those I mentioned can step up and own the position.

D-voice keeps saying Chrichton was bought as a centre. I don’t know what makes him so sure of that. It makes more logical sense that Chrichton will compete for them fullback role as we have too many other centre options

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s not causing confusion. Right now our fullback options are Perham and Averillo. We are weak in that department. What I was getting at was that we are already stacked for centre options. Surely two of those I mentioned can step up and own the position.

D-voice keeps saying Chrichton was bought as a centre. I don’t know what makes him so sure of that. It makes more logical sense that Chrichton will compete for them fullback role as we have too many other centre options
In a perfect world he was bought with the view to play fullback, but a year is a long time in footy.

I am content knowing we have a top utility on our hands.

Where he plays is of little concern to me.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because it's a waste of money
You must have been wrapped with his performance on the weekend ?

I am chilled about him as i rate him a lot higher than you.

We have much bigger fish to fry in my opinion.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You must have been wrapped with his performance on the weekend ?

I am chilled about him as i rate him a lot higher than you.

We have much bigger fish to fry in my opinion.
Waste of money. Said it before but we're going to end up with our two Panther marquees as centres on huge dollars eating into our cap

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Waste of money. Said it before but we're going to end up with our two Panther marquees as centres on huge dollars eating into our cap
I share your views on Burton as you know, although i can see a move to lock ... think he may be too slow for the centres, appears to have lost a heap of pace.

Where has his left foot step gone ?

In regard to Critta, i personally don't care where he plays, just hope he is good. He is being paid somewhere between top center and average fullback money.

I have always said his utility value is an asset.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I share your views on Burton as you know, although i can see a move to lock ... think he may be too slow for the centres, appears to have lost a heap of pace.

Where has his left foot step gone ?

In regard to Critta, i personally don't care where he plays, just hope he is good. He is being paid somewhere between top center and average fullback money.

I have always said his utility value is an asset.
If Crichton isn't a success at fullback then he's a failed transfer and it's as simple as that for me. People are acting like he's in the Joey Manu tier but he isn't close. its way too much money for him, money that could be better spent elsewhere. I'm so happy Spencer rejected us too because of I'm sick to death of Gus chasing all the juniors he rated from his time at Panther. Hopefully we don't even up with fucking Waqa Blake next

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Crichton isn't a success at fullback then he's a failed transfer and it's as simple as that for me. People are acting like he's in the Joey Manu tier but he isn't close. its way too much money for him, money that could be better spent elsewhere. I'm so happy Spencer rejected us too because of I'm sick to death of Gus chasing all the juniors he rated from his time at Panther. Hopefully we don't even up with fucking Waqa Blake next
Fair enough ... the rebuild is getting a little confusing for me as well.