Henry Rollins: Fu*k Suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
http://www.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/2014/08/21/henry-rollins-****-suicide

Not sure if anyone caught this or not but Henry Rollins did a piece talking about Robin Williams's recent suicide.

I'm a Rollins fan having seen him play and been to one of his "spoken word" shows but I think he has got this one very wrong.

Unfortunately trying to simplify a complicated disease/illness with some of his rhetoric just sets back the progress that is being made.

I have read that overnight he has apologized for some of his comments and he does make some good points but overall leave commentary on things you have 0 experience with to people who are at least reasonably well versed on the topic.

Kudos to him for at least recognizing (public backlash maybe?) that some of the comments were less than constructive!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I love Henry Rollins spoken words but he does have a habit of going on a rant about things he doesn't know enough about. It's good to see that he apologised unlike Gene Simmons.

Kudos to Triple M for refusing to play any more KISS after Gene Simmons refused to apologise for his comments.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I love Henry Rollins spoken words but he does have a habit of going on a rant about things he doesn't know enough about. It's good to see that he apologised unlike Gene Simmons.

Kudos to Triple M for refusing to play any more KISS after Gene Simmons refused to apologise for his comments.
Rollins is a reasonable educated man , who I think didn't mean what he said to come out exactly like that. He put up his hand and made a genuine effort to apologise (he probably did get caught up in his own rant ) gene has absolutely no grip on reality

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more about Simmons, that guy is a complete a$$hole these days - emphasis on the $$.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more about Simmons, that guy is a complete a$$hole these days - emphasis on the $$.
After reading genes book there is no doubt he is a self absorbed a hole, but one thing I do like about him he was never shy to say it was all about the money. But from all accounts of other musicians the dude is very on himself

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
After reading genes book there is no doubt he is a self absorbed a hole, but one thing I do like about him he was never shy to say it was all about the money. But from all accounts of other musicians the dude is very on himself
Agreed, everything I've ever read about him has said he is self absorbed and doesn't shy away from the money-making enterprise that KISS is these days!

Hey I always loved Ace anyway :D

Rollins is at least very real, his comments on the American Hardore film were really cool and he is a guy who appreciated the forefathers of hardcore and knows what his time in Black Flag gave him - i'll forgive him for this one....

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agreed, everything I've ever read about him has said he is self absorbed and doesn't shy away from the money-making enterprise that KISS is these days!

Hey I always loved Ace anyway :D

Rollins is at least very real, his comments on the American Hardore film were really cool and he is a guy who appreciated the forefathers of hardcore and knows what his time in Black Flag gave him - i'll forgive him for this one....
Ahh back when hard core was fast furious raw and good

Status
Not open for further replies.