**Help with my PSP**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Guys! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese help. Im finding it hard to transfer mp3 files to my PSP. Do i need to download a program?
Ive formatted my 1GB memory stick, tried dragging the file to the MUSIC section of the PSP menu but to no avail. I can only do some songs, but not whole albums. I get something like "need to create file and path" bullcrap. Please explain in simple terms as im a tech retard. LOL

P.s Also is there a way i can play downloaded games from the net?
Thanks so much in advance.

Gonads in distress.

Mac

lol finch
Reaction score
HTH

One of the features available in PSP are the ability to play music files namely MP3 format. Certain PSP will also be able to play other types of music files such as Window very own WMA and WMV format, but we will get into that later. However these are restricted to newer version of PSP. This is a rundown on how to put music on PSP.

The steps taken is no different than transferring any files from your PC to PSP memory stick. In order to put music on PSP you will require a USB cable.

This is how you put music on PSP:

1. Connect your PSP with your PC using the USB cable.

2. Use your PSP interface and hit HOME button, and then go into “Settings”. Here you will have to use the directional button to find “USB Connection”

3. Once the connection is made, you will need to check your PCs available drives. You can do this by going into “My Computer”. Your PC should detect your PSP as and additional drive. It is not much different from using portable drive or thumb drives actually.

4. Click on your assigned PSP drive.

5. Create a new folder call “music” on your PSP drive

6. Select your MP3 music from your PC and drag it into your “music” folder on your PSP. Note that all this is done in your PC interface.

7. When all the desired MP3 are transferred, get out of the USB connection mode by pressing “O” on your PSP.

8. Find the music area in your PSP, and select your memory stick. Search for your “music” folder and you are good to go.

If you have other types of music format in your PC, i.e. WMV or WMA, you will need a converter to convert those files to MP3 format. Do not fret though, as Sony will also supply PSP user with its very own Image Converter. You can easily convert WMA and WMV files format into MP3 format and just repeat the whole process on how to put music on PSP.

On the other hand if you want to play WMV and WMA files without converting your files to MP3, you can always update your PSP firmware to the latest firmware. However, I would not recommend this (upgrading your PSP firmware) as it will severely limit your PSP experience. Some of the effect of upgrading your PSP firmware is that certain games you have will not work on your PSP with the latest firmware. There are forums dedicated to PSP downgrading as a lot of people want to revert back to their old firmware.

“How to put music on your PSP?” has been asked countless times and using PSP interface it is as easy as transferring files to your USB thumb drives. Hope this articles helps.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Hi Mac.
Firstly, i appreciate your response.
I have tried doing what you told me to do, but am STILL having the same problem. When i open the F/ folder (which is where the PSP menu is situated), it already has a "music", "videos" etc, etc folder. Doesnt matter what i do i still get the "must specify path and file" window. It actually starts to copy, but then fails. So when i go to play it on my PSP, the one or two songs that did get on there, it says that the file is corrupt.

P.S its one of the older PSP's. Cheers.

Mac

lol finch
Reaction score
it needs to be like this dude

When you connect your psp to your pc, go to my computer and double click the psp drive.

once ur in there, make sure u make a folder called PSP.

Once thats done, double click the PSP folder you just made and create a folder called MUSIC.

So the direcory should look like this: F://PSP/Music.

From what your telling me, it seems you have it like this F://Music which is wrong because its missing the PSP folder.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Ok, ive done that. F://PSP/Music. But still having troubles. But its ok mate, no biggie. Thanks alot for your advice.

Mac

lol finch
Reaction score
well thats weird, should work.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try making the mp3 file name of the shorter. Sometimes files dont copy beacuse the name is too long.

eg.

file could benamed "10. album name - artist name - song title" try just "song title" and see if it works.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Try making the mp3 file name of the shorter. Sometimes files dont copy beacuse the name is too long.

eg.

file could benamed "10. album name - artist name - song title" try just "song title" and see if it works.
No can do. When i try re-naming, the file changes from mp3 to a non-readable file. Cheers anyways mate.

chadiwrx

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
^^^ When you finishing re-naming the file make sure you type the extension to the end of the file name.
Eg: Track Name Here.mp3 ;)

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Thanx chadiwrx. It worked. But i still have problems transferring the files. I might just throw it against the wall. Hahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.