Votes: 21 42.0%

• Total voters

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I wish West Coast Pirates got in. Would be an easy 2nd team to bandwagon.

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The problem is although I think you say swapping teams in jest. Is the AFL is getting more Sydney NRL support following teams now with the Sydney teams with big fan bases have no chance. Our once big crowded dogs have dropped year after year. West tigers are a basket case. Both big corridors with fan bases. This means big fans disfranchised start watching other sports like AFL to soften the blow. The great equaliser the salary cap. That saved teams has now destroyed others. NRL bias has now started giving AFL a foot holed. Swans are getting 40,000 to watch games at ground. NRL need to act quickly or risk loosing it all like Aus Rugby

Mitchellmoses

Banned
Reaction score
Unfortunately I think most people not of Lebanese and Arabic descent are doing the same, whether OP is serious or not.
OP, we need more context.
What postcode do you live in/represent?
Are colour schemes important to you? Which?
Are you a fresh meant or heritage kind of guy?
This added context will assist myself at least in guiding you to a new club.

chemdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
im surprised there's no manly in this poll

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Go support the eels so you can wait another 30 years for a title

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Enough is enough, i was born into the Bulldog family but unfortunately it's time to cut ties. This relationship just isn't healthy anymore and i need to start looking after myself so the call unfortunately needs to be made. I might be a father in the near future and it would be irresponsible of me to subject my kids to this sort of football. How can you raise children in this sort of environment.

Anyway i have selected a list of teams i think are Premiership contenders over the next few years, only want my kids to grow up supporting the best. Please help me.
Mate, I hear ya.
I have followed the Bulldogs (NRL) and Hawthorn (AFL) since day dot in year 1 (1984). Also follow Perth Glory since 1997 (NSL and now Aleague). And finally Sydney Thunder in BBL.

My son follows all these but the poor kid (born 2012) was too young to remember 2012 and 2014 and barely remembers Hawthorn's 3-peat in 2015. He remembers the Glory's GF against Sydney FC in '19 but we lost that game.

Since then it's been nothing but 1 disappointment after another. This year seems like the same.

Glory about to win their first spoon. Dogs look like wooden spooners again. Hawks showed promise after 2 rounds and look like they are rebuilding with new coach and playing style but need to wait a couple of years for them to mature.

His comment the other day was "why do we follow all the shit teams!"

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Mate, I hear ya.
I have followed the Bulldogs (NRL) and Hawthorn (AFL) since day dot in year 1 (1984). Also follow Perth Glory since 1997 (NSL and now Aleague). And finally Sydney Thunder in BBL.

My son follows all these but the poor kid (born 2012) was too young to remember 2012 and 2014 and barely remembers Hawthorn's 3-peat in 2015. He remembers the Glory's GF against Sydney FC in '19 but we lost that game.

Since then it's been nothing but 1 disappointment after another. This year seems like the same.

Glory about to win their first spoon. Dogs look like wooden spooners again. Hawks showed promise after 2 rounds and look like they are rebuilding with new coach and playing style but need to wait a couple of years for them to mature.

His comment the other day was "why do we follow all the shit teams!"
That's depressing, or maybe that's just how I feel now. I couldn't imagine following such an incompetent team as kid. I'll obviously never support another team but it's getting hard just to even turn the game on now. I at least had Liverpool to carry me through the dogs lows lol.

Mitchellmoses

Banned
Reaction score
Mate, I hear ya.
I have followed the Bulldogs (NRL) and Hawthorn (AFL) since day dot in year 1 (1984).
Let me guess.
Your first AFL game was the 91 grand final and you were fascinated with watching Dippa and his long Greek locks and beard play?

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me guess.
Your first AFL game was the 91 grand final and you were fascinated with watching Dippa and his long Greek locks and beard play?
Actually my first AFL game was when I was 31 or something.... only ever watched it on TV before then and only really had time for the Hawks. Since then, I've expanded to watching more of other team games but I also coach my sons junior AFL team