Opinion Hayze Perham - Apology

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Credit where credit is due, he was great yesterday.

- Safe at the back.
- Positional play night and day difference compared to last week.
- Mostly stayed out of the way in attack.
- Chimed in when he had to.
- Took the hard hitups.

I've posted threads on this guy and last week ripped him to shreds every chance I got.

Just wanted to apologise for giving him so much shit and wanted to thank him for a very good game yesterday.

I will be back in 2 weeks when he's shit again.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
He was solid. Took the high ball well, and set up JAC for his try.

Maybe he is better playing centre?

Battybulldog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Still needs to be dropped unless we have no one else.
We have no one else. Burns was the back up fb and is injured. Wilson hasn't played fb all year, no way they throw him there with 3 days training. Joash would be next up but he's raw and better off spending time in NSW cup.

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I was not at the game, but I recall one kick return (shallowish bomb) where he caught the ball, ran across field in an arc starting heading back towards his own try line and ended up further back from where he caught the ball! He might as well have gone to ground and surrendered as soon as he caught the ball and the tackle 1 play the ball would have been quicker in terms of the time Titans had to get their defensive line in order! The simple solution is to always have 1 or 2 wingers/centres alongside him when he brings the ball back and he passes to them when the defence approaches. Contrary to what some people (including Max King) have said, his passing is generally quite good. Maybe this tires the wingers/centres out a bit more but they should be fit enough to handle it. Critta is a whole few levels higher up, 1 November cannot come quick enough.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The way you attack perham is that you contest the high ball. We saw it with the sharks.

his positional play seems to have improved but needed much work. He was no where near the 2h gc try. Didn’t even touch him.

but yeh, great he fucked off outta the attack.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don't settle for mediocre, it gets you nowhere.
Great too win yesterday, but i feel more pain is on its way. Critta is probably going to be the best since Ben Barba.

I_KilledMufasa

Waterboy
Reaction score
if we win, this forum says hes good. if we lose, this forum says hes shit. he puts in the same performance every week, if anything we was poorer than usual. his error off the short drop out lead to their try in the second half and run only for 122m, much less than usual.

Raff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
In yesterday's game he achieved the basics of a first grade full back. I don't see him improving to the point of being classified as a great full back. To compete in today's game you need a skilled fullback.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haze wa still useless as tits on a bull, bloke does nothing with the ball in hand, only difference this week to the last few is we didn't have a million trys scored against us to show us his poor positional defence which was still there yesterday just not as noticeable.

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldn’t say he was great. Improvement for sure, effort was there, seems like he was aware of his fuck ups. Made two crucial errors, unacceptable. Jac try perham was milliseconds from Getting caught and also schoop almost smothered his pass.

Scoobs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Watching the boy pass left to right is one of the great comedy moments in rugba leeg. it also shows how far we have fallen that he is our starting fullback. I don't underestimate his effort, fitness and enthusiasm but fmd he does not have the the skill set of a first grade fullback.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah he was a good speed bump for Campbell. Slowed him down enough for one legged Kiraz to get him