Reaction score
Its another one of his dreams.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
So is it legit that the **** allowed to play this year ?
Calling it now. We will finish 5th and Titans will finish 8th and we will have to try and stop the Hayne Plane.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Parramatta offered $2.5 mill over three years according to several media sources, about $400k less per season, so don't tell me money was not an issue. . Then we have this with the usual shite comments by Hayne.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2016/08/0...o-have-communicated-an-offer-to-jarryd-hayne/

Mere hours after the Gold Coast Titans held a press conference to inform the world they had signed Jarryd Hayne for two years, the Parramatta Eels have hit back, releasing a statement that said they communicated an offer.

Hayne was adamant in the press conference that he hadn’t been offered a contract by the Eels, and instead chose to take up the offer with the Titans.

He said it was disappointing, but he had to look after his future, and even put the following message on his Twitter just before the press conference.

You’ve probably already heard the news this morning but if you haven’t, I signed a deal to join the Gold Coast Titans. Over the last few weeks, I have waited for an offer from the Eels but unfortunately due to instability with the board, no formal offer has been put on the table.

Thinking about my future, I had to become open to other club offers and the Gold Coast Titans presented a great opportunity.

They have a solid and stable team both on and off the field and I’m looking forward to joining the club but at the same time, I’m saddened it had to end like this with the Eels and i’m truly sorry for disappointing all the Parramatta fans, players and the club that have been with me from the start.

This has been a difficult decision for me and i’m as devastated as any fan that I won’t be putting on the blue and gold jersey this year. I now have a new challenge ahead of me and am excited about getting back on the field and playing some footy.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
From all reports there are some very unhappy clubs that he is allowed to play this year, especially the ones who are in a tussle with them for a place in the eight. Another loophole that the NRL needs to close.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Not a fan of signing marquees tbh. All the eggs in one basket. Cowboys showed last week (and any other time hes been out) that without JT they are not contenders. Eels form shit itself without Foran too. Sure Marquee players can be awesome if they arent injured, and can make a huge difference, but you also hold your breathe every time they get hit hard, or come up from a a tackle limping or something. With a marquee player, if they get injured the disruption to the team can be enormous and season ending. I wouldnt want to run that gauntlet.

Id take foran or JT in the side, but not on marquee pay lol. I wouldnt want to weaken the side to fit them in the cap, and then one of them get injured. If JT didnt play again this year, cowboys be lucky to make week 2 of the finals, after limping into them.
Kind of agree with this philosophy. But if you look back over the last 10 years how many teams have won a GF without a marquee player? Maybe St Merge and thats about it.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As much as I'm happy we have a talent like Hayne back in the game, it is EXTREMELY unfair to the other clubs. We are now all competing against a side utilising the services of a player WAY under what his actual value is. In my opinion this is a legal way of cheating the cap system.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I say congrats to Titans.

Yes it's kind of unfair, but as a rugby league fan, I am excited to finally see him back. For the first time in a long time, I am excited to watch a game involving a team outside of the doggies.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I found Hayne very disrespectful at the conference talking about parra the whole time ,also I'd say the 2 year deal is him hoping they sort themselves out and go back there fucking idiot ,good on the Titans

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
One of the channel 9 reporters asked Greg Bird "was it Hayne's dream to play for the Titans?"

Greg Bird responded "he moved here because he's closer to Dreamworld"

lol if someone could find the footage of that, what a crack up. It was on channel 9 news this
edit:
here is the vid:

skip to 2mins 10sec for greg bird response

Last edited:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The contract was signed, sealed and delivered very quickly; apparently at 9-45pm last night he had signed, they had to get a lawyer to especially come in to witness and one of the principle considerations was third party deals, one of $300k from a travel group. ....hullo?

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hayne is sticking true to his word .. he did return to the blue & golds

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I found Hayne very disrespectful at the conference talking about parra the whole time ,also I'd say the 2 year deal is him hoping they sort themselves out and go back there fucking idiot ,good on the Titans
Lets be honest here, that is what everyone wanted to hear about. If he did not talk about the Eels at all everyone would be super pissed.

Haynes manager was on MMM earlier, and he sounded like a fkn douchebag. He got all defensive about stuff for no reason, and he basically said that the Eels tabled an offer but failed to produce any official paperwork so Hayne just signed with the Titans.

If Hayne really wanted to come back to the Eels, he could have easily given them more time. It is clear to see he just did not want to sign with the Eels for whatever reason.

I don't blame Hayne for doing what he has done, but lying about the motivations is really sad.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Parramatta teaching the rugby league world about 'money well spent' by continuing to pay Hayne under the table even when he was at the 49ers

Status
Not open for further replies.