Have you watched the replay of our trial game?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
The more I watch it, the more positives I see. I think we're going to develop into a really good side as the season continues. I'm really optimistic and see us as a top 8 team this year.
Nah not me. 9-12.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The more I watch it, the more positives I see. I think we're going to develop into a really good side as the season continues. I'm really optimistic and see us as a top 8 team this year.
Mate considering we won with no forward pack and were robbed of one try ( DWZ scored ) plenty of upside to it. This team will definitely kick on in the second half of the season once settled.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Mate considering we won with no forward pack and were robbed of one try ( DWZ scored ) plenty of upside to it. This team will definitely kick on in the second half of the season once settled.
thompson is a huge miss in the first 4 rounds, the new game suits him down to the ground.

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I agree. I too think we can make top eight! Let’s hope they start off with a few wins in the first 5 rounds this year! If they can start the year on a good note and their confidence kicks in, I think there will be no stopping them! :-)

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I agree. I too think we can make top eight! Let’s hope they start off with a few wins in the first 5 rounds this year! If they can start the year on a good note and their confidence kicks in, I think there will be no stopping them! :-)
I like our chances vs the Knights and broncos. The Panthers game will be interesting, I think we can beat them
Vs Souths and Melbourne will really show us where we're at, at this early stage.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
no hooker
novice half
DWZ
bottom 8

we won’t be playing for the spoon though

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Considering we had about 5 regular starters missing, we played very well. I really like Allen at fullback, very solid. Atoni to have a big year, Hetherington played well I thought up the middle making some good meters, Elliott is one of our best forwards, Dietz is actually better than JMK. Okunbor to come straight in for Meaney when he recovers from injury. You can tell we’re fitter already, we’re playing much quicker. Wakeham butchered a certain try, all he had to do was pass to Hoppa who had a 2 on 1 but kicked instead, no vision from the young kid, disappointing.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
11th-12th for me. I think it's more likely we finish lower than that, than higher. I'd obviously take and love to finish higher.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did that Kika Manu or whatever his name is winger play 1st grade? I didn’t notice him at all. What’s people’s thoughts?

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It will be better than last year but don’t put too much expectation on this years team. The side that did better in the trial played in the second half and many of those players won’t run out in round 1.

We’re still a few players away from being a genuine contender, we might sneak into the bottom of the 8 and that would be a big achievement.

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Canterbury Bulldogs
Result: 16-10 win over the Sharks
Who fired: It's a new-look forward pack under Trent Barrett, but it was a Bulldogs regular who impressed most. Renouf Atoni had a whopping 182 metres playing off the interchange, steamrolling Cronulla's big pack with his hard-running. 25-year-old Atoni played 16 games for the Bulldogs last year, but could find himself with a bigger role this year after the weekend' display.
Who didn't: It was a gruelling first hit-out for Kyle Flanagan in his new colours. The star Bulldogs recruit was swamped by Sharks defenders all day and not given many opportunities to play his hand. Flanagan took the weight of playmaking duties for his new side, having been 2IC at former clubs the Roosters and Sharks.

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It will be better than last year but don’t put too much expectation on this years team. The side that did better in the trial played in the second half and many of those players won’t run out in round 1.

We’re still a few players away from being a genuine contender, we might sneak into the bottom of the 8 and that would be a big achievement.
That was my assessment too until I re-watched the game twice, our first grade team played quite well, after about the 35 minute mark we dominated the Sharks until the 2nd grade side came on. We didn't even look like we were playing to our full potential. That Sharks team have made the 8 the last two years. In saying that I don't think the Sharks will be in or close to the 8 this year.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I tried to count the set restarts and penalties in the first half, not easy, and I ended up at 6 to 2, which is why we struggled for field position. The 12 nil score line indicated how well the boys defended. The second half turned around a bit at 2 to 4, and we looked much better, dominated field position and racked up some points.

The refs are going to have even more hidden effects on games, 6 agains are too easy to stack without enough scrutiny.

Go Dogs