Have you ever considered switching teams?

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1967, yeah a Juno Pde kid... and lots of rellos on the railway. I'm 66 so been a fan for 63 years (that I remember).
Well mate congratulations, that’s a long time fan, I thought my 56 years was a long time, keep punching mate ..

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed you come up with the odd good post on occasion but this one ain’t one of them

Foxalldayeveryday

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually became a Dogs supporter after my original team folded (and I was never ever going to support the Sea Eagles). Spent 5 years without a club but gravitated to the club as the wife's family were Dogs people and just became part of my life. Few mates were Dogs people too.

After 20 years....I wouldn't imagine supporting anyone else.
The Bears ? Wow that's a blast from the past.
Forgot that squad.

Lost Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As a young lad I supported Manly for a year as I live in the area. Since then I loved the dogs and have never looked back.8-)

childofglossop

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You don’t change your wife, your fish and chip shop or your footy team….. ever.
44th season with the Dogs. Not changing now, not ever.
Ummm…..disagree about the wife bit.
Gave that a real solid go, 27 years and 3 kids (they live with me now)…but sometimes you’ve gotta know when to get out of a bad situation.

The Dogs? I’m still in after 46 seasons and will be pulling on the blue and white till one of us ain’t around any more. Truly till death (or dementia) do us part!!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I was torn with redcliffe entering.. I played all through juniors for redcliffe.. and i still live nearby. I thought to myself how often do you get to support a club you actually played for.. and getting to go to games regularly is something I've never been able to do... but ultimately I love this club. I'm fanatical about it, even in tough times. Dolphins can be a second team, who I can cheer on whenever they aren't playing us. It doesn't hurt when dolphins lose but it does whenever dogs do.
How old are you? Maybe played against you a few times. Played Juniors at Albany Creek (we started the club there) and then played Senior at the old Valley's Diehards out Albion way.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How old are you? Maybe played against you a few times. Played Juniors at Albany Creek (we started the club there) and then played Senior at the old Valley's Diehards out Albion way.
38. I played a few times against the crushers in the early years. They were pretty strong but I think players would leave as teenagers and go play for Aspley or norths devils, as they kinda dropped off in my age group. Also played a bit of pub footy for diehards so know that club well