Have we spent our available cap money?

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's case by case. JAC for 600k would be a good buy in my books considering everything. After that it gets tricky. Ideally he works out at fullback. We're only having to pay JAC fullback money because we have to pay overs (Roosters would never sign JAC on that amount, this is similar to Cotric). The Eels reportedely paid 500k for Ferguson after their wooden spoon year. For what the Rabbitohs are paying Latrell I think he's fine and we saw a lot of improvement in him over the season at fullback. If Latrell was to move back into the centres he'd still be one of the best strike centres in the league, similar to if JAC had to move back to the wing.
Just get JAC to Belmore....we can afford him and then et the end of 2921 we can get rid of Smith and hopoate

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was a different thread. Now merged to appease you.
This thread here represents the holistic theme of can we afford good players now.
My thread is more nuts and bolts blue collar worker bee about coming to exact figures as best as we can on how much actual dollars we have spent.
That thread is strategy related and this is mathematical related. Kapisch?
On ya Nash..... just like Johnny o Keefe .......everyone hates you......but they still come and read what you have to say...... most of your stuff keeps us interested in an otherwise lean and dull time for doggies fans.....

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just get JAC to Belmore....we can afford him and then et the end of 2921 we can get rid of Smith and hopoate
Agree Piggy, that would be a smart decision, but just calling out that a 900 year contract for Smith and Hopoate would set some kind of record ;-)

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
a a
You made me feel bad. I apologise and its gone now. Even though it's Where i am from I don't even like the place.
that said... I should point out I domidnt disrespect any flag? It was an outline of the country of Australia

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
you're a #SendBobsAndVegene Indian claiming to be Arab LOLLL
keep drinking that Ghanjes rubbish @Nasheed ... it's doing wonders for you.
It is spelt Ganges.
When Indians drink it, it helps the body's immune system. This is why Indians never get sick.

lok it up, it has healing properties and powers

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We need to swap Hopa for a faster more dangerous centre for 2022. They reckon the Panthers are offering 500K to extend Crichton past 2021. He's a freak. Even better than Cotric. We should pitch 600K and offer to keep his brother in employment (on close to minimum wage at least as back up) + Arthur Laundy's mentoring post footy. Barrett's familiarity too. He can travel to and from training every day with his bro and with Jack Hetherington.
I don't think this is out of the question. Brenko Lee is a big weakness in the storms defence imo. If we get Addo-Carr and Storm want compensation still, I could easily see Barrett making a Hoppa trade in order to make a vacancy for Dylan Walker
1. Addo-Carr
2. ? (Naden would be good)
3. Cotric
4. Walker
5. Okunbur
Two fast big bodies on the wings, strong creative centres and electric player out the back. Would be a very balanced backline

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think this is out of the question. Brenko Lee is a big weakness in the storms defence imo. If we get Addo-Carr and Storm want compensation still, I could easily see Barrett making a Hoppa trade in order to make a vacancy for Dylan Walker
1. Addo-Carr
2. ? (Naden would be good)
3. Cotric
4. Walker
5. Okunbur
Two fast big bodies on the wings, strong creative centres and electric player out the back. Would be a very balanced backline
I've been calling for a Hoppa/JAC swap for a long time now.

the question is how would it work?
The fact is, Melb want a centre. Good start.
Also I'm hopeful no one outside of the Kennel knows how shot hoppa is yet.
For that reason I'm really hopping that this stays between us on the kennel, and not disclosed to outside parties as this would damage the deal, if it starts to become reality.

what we also know is we pay Hoppa 600, what we don't know is what JAC gets. But I don't recall him stressing out on cash or making demands so I would say he is 400 on the cap and maybe 150 on TRP.
Melbourne could offer Hops the same deal. We pitch in 50k to make up the difference.

That means the real cost to us if JAC wants 700 (my insider tells me) is 150.
The 100 on top of Hoppa pay plus an extra 50.

It would mean we need to get Bryson Goodwin or Josh to close the centre gap though. Or dangle Christian in front of Crichton and nail him.
If you follow all that, there's no reason why a Hoppa and JAC swap could not happen.

Last edited:

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
May be worth us as a collective try and figure out how we doing cap wise for new purchases
Going to take a guess yo and assimilate wiyh publishes money, inside oil etc

Will NOT count green as he's likely to bail.

1. Meaney (200k)
2. Reimis (300k)
3. Cotric (650k
4. Flop (600k)
5. DWZ (550k)
6. Averillo (150)
7. Lewis (450)
8. Thommo (700)
9. Jmk (250)
10. Napa (600)
11. RFM (350)
12. Jackson (700)
13. Elliott (480)
14. Hetherington (375)
15. Ogden (200)
16. Renouf (200)
17. Chris smith (300)
18. Wakeman (200)
19. Crichton (105)
20. Katoa (105)
21. Britt (250)
22. Waddel (250)
23. Stimson (400)
=8.150
= 1.45 mil

The way I see that is one marquee and the rest depth.
I have no idea how you got those numbers, but they actually seem pretty accurate.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mad how many people on this page have contacts with people close to signings at the club yet we still have JMK and not an actual 9 lol

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been calling for a Hoppa/JAC swap for a long time now.

the question is how would it work?
The fact is, Melb want a centre. Good start.
Also I'm hopeful no one outside of the Kennel knows how shot hoppa is yet.
For that reason I'm really hopping that this stays between us on the kennel, and not disclosed to outside parties as this would damage the deal, if it starts to become reality.

what we also know is we pay Hoppa 600, what we don't know is what JAC gets. But I don't recall him stressing out on cash or making demands so I would say he is 400 on the cap and maybe 150 on TRP.
Melbourne could offer Hops the same deal. We pitch in 50k to make up the difference.

That means the real cost to us if JAC wants 700 (my insider tells me) is 150.
The 100 on top of Hoppa pay plus an extra 50.

It would mean we need to get Bryson Goodwin or Josh to close the centre gap though. Or dangle Christian in front of Crichton and nail him.
If you follow all that, there's no reason why a Hoppa and JAC swap could not happen.
You defended Kerrod Holland the worst player ive seen at our club yet call Hoppa shit, Hoppa isnt a world beater anymore but hes one of our more consistent better players.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
You defended Kerrod Holland the worst player ive seen at our club yet call Hoppa shit, Hoppa isnt a world beater anymore but hes one of our more consistent better players.
He's a wolf in sheep's clothing, that's why he's so damaging to us

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I have no idea how you got those numbers, but they actually seem pretty accurate.
Combination of;
News reports
The good oil
Accurate guesstimating

someone like Ogden. I have no idea what he's on. But given his lack of reputation in the game, but solid standing as an up and coming fringe first grader, you can apply a default, adjust it slightly from things you have observed in our current climate or critically apply, and you'll not be more than 50k wrong either way.
If I see an obscure news report with a contract figure, it sticks in my mind for years. I think I have a natural interest in salary cap moves.