Have we over achieved in 2019

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Count all the rep players in our team, compare that with other teams. Overperforming massively.

Also we have the most inexperienced team. So many blokes with <30 games lol its ridiculous what we've been able to do. Unbelievable.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No... WE ARE THE MIGHT BLUE AND WHITE,

and this is how it should be. And we want more of it !!

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No we haven't over achieved. In my view we would've had to have won more games at the start for that, in other words, have been in genuine contention for the 8 at least at some stage. I do feel really good though about our chances to push for the 8 next year. The spirit in the team is great and we are learning how to win which the young players need.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No we haven't over achieved. In my view we would've had to have won more games at the start for that, in other words, have been in genuine contention for the 8 at least at some stage. I do feel really good though about our chances to push for the 8 next year. The spirit in the team is great and we are learning how to win which the young players need.
All those apologies by Anersley about how many games his officials stuffed up against us have cost us dearly, had we won just 2 more games we would have made the eight, So Mr Anersley and your corrupt officials. - " Sorry is not enough ".

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
All those apologies by Anersley about how many games his officials stuffed up against us have cost us dearly, had we won just 2 more games we would have made the eight, So Mr Anersley and your corrupt officials. - " Sorry is not enough ".
Every team bar Storm and Roosters can say the same tho really. They all have hard luck stories and games lost because of inept or corrupt refs and bounce of the ball.

With us, past few yesrs, it's most of the time unfortunately.

But last night we started getting a fair shake from the refs and we made our own luck, played like winners and got the chocolates.

I watched Ch9 and even they eventually commentated even handedly.

We need to keep this winner attitude going into next season and our luck and fortunes will change.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Every year we aspire to make the eight no matter what, as good as weve been its a little late but the club and its fans can hold its heads high with pride in the jersey.
Imagine how shit it would be getting flogged every week.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon if at the start of the season you were told that after 23 rounds , you’d be 4 points ahead of the Cowboys, Dragons and one win off Brisbane ...... most Bulldogs fans would have accepted that.
Those teams have 18 state of origin players between them compared to how many at the Dogs ?
Surely the top 8 in 2020 is a very realistic goal.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can somebody prove to me how we have the worst roster in the comp.
We have plenty of new zealand reps, australian reps, origin reps so on and so.
Look how many grand finals our 2 props have played in.
Now look at titans, tigers, cowboys, and many more. Anyone that thinks we have worst roster in comp has absolutely zero knowledge of rugby league.
Where we are, will just be a pass mark.
To the idiots that think we will be trading out half our squad for 21 also have no idea.
We may see another prop centre and hooker come in. But that will be about it.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We have the youngest and least experienced roster in the league!
By about 3 months only.

It's not an acceptable excuse.

Haas, Fifita, Staggs, Deardon? Ogahen, Flegler, Turpin, Carrigan, Perese ...oldest 22.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Nope. Overachieving would be making the 8 because we were always capable of pushing for a spot just outside it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Can somebody prove to me how we have the worst roster in the comp.
We have plenty of new zealand reps, australian reps, origin reps so on and so.
Look how many grand finals our 2 props have played in.
Now look at titans, tigers, cowboys, and many more. Anyone that thinks we have worst roster in comp has absolutely zero knowledge of rugby league.
Where we are, will just be a pass mark.
To the idiots that think we will be trading out half our squad for 21 also have no idea.
We may see another prop centre and hooker come in. But that will be about it.
Exactly. We lack those few key players that you need if you're going to be a genuine Premiership threat while the squad is also a little unbalanced, but the ability is there and we're seeing it right now.

Like I've said previously, that Manly and Raiders games we lost were massive, Manly were missing key players while Raiders were missing half their team, we should've done better in them. That's an extra 4 points. An improved start with us focusing on defence like we're doing now and a much better pre season and there's our for and against cut back and potentially another win or two. These things happen and we're now sitting inside the 8 and I'm praising Pay lol.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah with a gun origin/rep backline of meaney, smith, montoya, hoppa and smith.
And future immortals cogger and lewis working with Lichaa or JMK......
Haha. The Kennel never disappoints.