Have we forgotten we still need to extend Burton?

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So if we do fuck off Allan for 22, who plays FB if Dufty gets injured? Avo, JAC? Perhaps Naden, all completely untested. Don't think Declan Casey is up to first grade standard either.
Some Burton Bloke?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
So if we do fuck off Allan for 22, who plays FB if Dufty gets injured? Avo, JAC? Perhaps Naden, all completely untested. Don't think Declan Casey is up to first grade standard either.
Shoot me down in flames now...:grinning:....but....has Alamoti ever played Fullback? Tedesco isk?

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keeping Burton would be #1 priority. Who plays FB if we don’t keep Dufty is not as important

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As big as the hype is we still need to see how he goes in a full time halves role to work out his future value. Would be stupid to upgrade this early.

Very little doubt he will be great but we need it confirmed before we lock him in long term. He’s barely played 10 games in the halves.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get that fans have a tendency to be worried about things like this but this is not going to happen. We are not the Tigers or Eels...we're not going to let our superstars walk out on us because our of incomptence. Look what Gus did with Nathan at Penrith. He signed him up on a long term deal, before he was the player he is now, just to keep the vultures away. Considering Gus thinks Burton could be even better than Nathan, he will do the same thing with Burton. I'm sure Gus already has a 5 year contract extension for Burton to sign....and this all before Burton has even pulled on our jersey.

Can't wait to see him in the beautiful blue and white jersey on Wednesday