Have to beat the Raiders

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Look,
As a devoted dogs fan I cheer on our boys each and every week and hope for a win
In my tipping comp, I don't always tip the dogs to win

But this week I have tipped the dogs to beat Canberra.
It's the margin game, so I had us to win by 6.

I really hope we win.
It will fuck over buzz and his recent shit about the bye week and the Dragons.

Not only that, we have narrowly lost to 2 top 4 teams at their home grounds.

Surely we manage to beat Canberra.
And for fuck sake
It's about time we win a magic round game.

Let's go dogs.
Bring it home boys and get your arses back into the top 8
Where you belong.

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Canberra will beat us if we are the slightest bit complacent it will not be easy they hang in
I'm worried we start strong then momentum and forces allow for the Raiders to creep back into the game and score a couple. Happens to Panthers and others getting late points against them, our Roosters game.

Dogs will start strong but need to manage and ice the game out.

luke.thmpsn

Waterboy
Reaction score
I'm worried we start strong then momentum and forces allow for the Raiders to creep back into the game and score a couple. Happens to Panthers and others getting late points against them, our Roosters game.

Dogs will start strong but need to manage and ice the game out.
I actually think the opposite. They have a lot of big guys, we need to spend the first 20 of each half just shifting the ruck and moving them around to tire them out.

Late in the game is when we should be trying to pour in the points.

Remember that late in the Panthers game, we had more opportunities against an elite pack. We moved them and got them tired to soften up for the second half charge. We almost beat the storm in the back end and we towelled up the tigers in the second half.

Just need to be a bit more clinical on the finishes.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought Presto would be starting this week. Maybe still a bit sore?
He may still start. I doubt they even play him last week if he wasn't OK. He has had another week of training which will have him confident enough to start imo

Last edited:

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I actually think the opposite. They have a lot of big guys, we need to spend the first 20 of each half just shifting the ruck and moving them around to tire them out.

Remember that late in the Panthers game, we had more opportunities against an elite pack. We moved them and got them tired to soften up for the second half charge. We almost beat the storm in the back end and we towelled up the tigers in the second half.

Agree, I’ll add humid Brisbane conditions suit our mobile pack and improved fitness across the team.

luke.thmpsn

Waterboy
Reaction score
Agree, I’ll add humid Brisbane conditions suit our mobile pack and improved fitness across the team.
Especially if we push that advantage.

Compare our metres gained against panthers. They are supposed to be the benchmark pack. Leota and Fisher Harris werent injured.

We had 41m average set to the panthers 36m.

We started to carve the Panthers middles at the end of that game. I don't think raiders will be as good as the Panthers were.

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Especially if we push that advantage.

Compare our metres gained against panthers. They are supposed to be the benchmark pack. Leota and Fisher Harris werent injured.

We had 41m average set to the panthers 36m.

We started to carve the Panthers middles at the end of that game. I don't think raiders will be as good as the Panthers were.
Is that a legit stat? Interesting! Not solely going to win games but that means attack AND defence is doing alright aye?

Edit: just checked on the NRL website, it's legit

Micko

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Exactly. Move the ball from one edge to another. Use our speed to get around their massive pack. Most importantly we need to continue with our line speed. Slow them down in the play the ball and move up quick. When they are tired the points will come.

Just don’t give them any field position. Turn the ball over in the corners. Don’t give away penalties.

So easy for us.

Micko

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
And it’s gone. Such a shame we can’t play when we need to. That most likely ends our seasons finals hopes.

alwaysthesun

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm concerned that team's we've beaten have improved enough to beat us next time. Roosters will beat us, Knights maybe, Titans probably if Brimson and Fifita line up. Heck Tigers with Api could beat us with our attack unless Ciraldo makes genuine changes.