Have the Bulldogs hit rock bottom

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the Take this week - with Willie Mason and Iain. They talk about the situation at the Bulldogs. It’s sounds worse than the title of the episode is, Willie has got some positives that he’s seen since being there this year, but like Gus - thinks it’s going to take hard work and time. Good episode to watch.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
On the Take this week - with Willie Mason and Iain. They talk about the situation at the Bulldogs. It’s sounds worse than the title of the episode is, Willie has got some positives that he’s seen since being there this year, but like Gus - thinks it’s going to take hard work and time. Good episode to watch.

You would think it can't get worse than last. There is no "ultra last" lol

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't get confused with what Gus means with what will take time. He is talking about building the juniors and then the academy which ensures our pathways are set for the future. That will take a few years.

Let's look at our current roster with JAC,Burton and TPJ then next year Mahoney and Kikau not to mention our war chest for 2024. We will look completely different.

I'm not expecting Premierships in the next two or three years but we will be more competitive than some or most clubs.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If this isn't rock bottom after six years of torture, then I'd hate to see what is..
:tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: Right ?? Well and truly Rock bottom . Have been for 5/6 years as you said.. and as I keep saying as do most .. only way Is UP.!!

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course it's fkn rock bottom! I've been following the club since the early 90s and have never known this reality of the last few years. We always played finals and I don't think we missed more than one year in a row, for most of the first 2 decades I was an active fan.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
can someone summarise pls?
Players feel like shit and responsible for Baz.

Gus doesn't give a fuck about the agendas from media scum.

Calls out Naden for the shit cunț he is. Saying players "playing for Baz" is bullshit. They should of ripped in for 10 fkn games.

Mase and Reni heavy with development.

JK and Warburton are awesome and proactive.

We need a seige mentality. US V THEM.

If players don't step up they will be fucked off.

Shit ***** like naden leaving is good and others should follow.

Shit start but can finish strong.

We will salvage this year.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Love how he gives it to Naden and the 360 wankers still loves the place.
Interesting that Anasta talks about how they are in a WhatsApp group chat with about 30 ex dogs players… you would think Mase is in there too.

Last edited:

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Players feel like shit and responsible for Baz.

Gus doesn't give a fuck about the agendas from media scum.

Calls out Naden for the shit cunț he is. Saying players "playing for Baz" is bullshit. They should of ripped in for 10 fkn games.

Mase and Reni heavy with development.

JK and Warburton are awesome and proactive.

We need a seige mentality. US V THEM.

If players don't step up they will be fucked off.

Shit ***** like naden leaving is good and others should follow.

Shit start but can finish strong.

We will salvage this year.
Bro I’m down for a siege mentality .. that’s when we played our best footy. I still remember after the Coffs Harbour incident Folksey locked the gates at belmore so the media couldn’t get in to training… I mean we have drones these days so :tearsofjoy:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Bro I’m down for a siege mentality .. that’s when we played our best footy. I still remember after the Coffs Harbour incident Folksey locked the gates at belmore so the media couldn’t get in to training… I mean we have drones these days so :tearsofjoy:
We play our best when it's us v them. Truth is its always us v them. The players should play like that.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He's been pretty critical of the club in the past. Wonder if he'd be saying different stuff if he wasn't employed here.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He's been pretty critical of the club in the past. Wonder if he'd be saying different stuff if he wasn't employed here.
I get what you're saying but he still is critical of aspect of our team and I kinda agree with him IE development and attitude.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We play our best when it's us v them. Truth is its always us v them. The players should play like that.
Well I think Mase said as much. Something like if they don’t buy in now half the roster will be gone. It’s time for our culture to get a lot tougher. Glad Naden is gone. He’s weak mentality and better suited to the tigers he’s not a bulldogs if you jump ship the moment you face some adversity.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That always was the best thing about following the Dogs, the us v them mentality. Felt like it was tribal and always ready to go to war. Always had the blood boiling and that's what the DNA in the club brought to its fans. Just not sure today's players actually get it