Hats off!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As critical as most of us have been this year; the effort & style of play the last 3weeks had been enjoyable. Testament that Des has let the Dogs off the leash of late, a sure sign the Hasler era has come to an end. To all the Lichaa haters, your frustrations were in the wrong direction ie the Hasler structure/game plan.
Time to put a redline through 2017 & look to a positive & promising 2018 season.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lichaa has shown in the last 3 weeks why in the 20's he was being touted as the next big thing ... IF he is allowed to play his natural game he could be up there with the best hookers in the game for many years to come.

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
dead rubbers are dead rubbers,you have to perform under pressure all year

Reactions: DT

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have finally got back my passion for the Dogs. I was genuinely excited when we won today. After months of "so what?" this has been a revelation. After a two year boycott, I will sign up again next year.
Thats the spirit!!:blush:

bantam rooster

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
hey don't give super coach any credit for this its the all the players they have come & played footy
lichaa was outstanding so plain to see that des was holding him back dogs need to keep him , but getting rid of des is a must, as is Dib

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
A very frustrating season to be a bulldogs fan.
With some bad losses to Manly, Penrith & Brisbane.
But 10 wins and at least 2 maybe 3 losses by 1 point.

I do have to say that the last three games were very diffent..
Lichaa running much more and Hoppa hitting great form.
It did seem lake a change in coaching style.

Good luck to all the boys moving on. Yes I have been critical at times this season because following your football club is an emotional thing. But no hard feelings I hope.

Also I just watched the press conference.
I didn't see any indication that Des was going anywhere??

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As critical as most of us have been this year; the effort & style of play the last 3weeks had been enjoyable. Testament that Des has let the Dogs off the leash of late, a sure sign the Hasler era has come to an end. To all the Lichaa haters, your frustrations were in the wrong direction ie the Hasler structure/game plan.
Time to put a redline through 2017 & look to a positive & promising 2018 season.
Lichaa was interviewed on mmm and he said that the past 3 weeks they trained to play more direct with short passing. Rather than long balls and block plays ect. In other words, they adapted with the times and to the modern game. Now We just need more individual talent and points creation before we can challenge. Hopefully brown and Foran will bring that next year.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lichaa was interviewed on mmm and he said that the past 3 weeks they trained to play more direct with short passing. Rather than long balls and block plays ect. In other words, they adapted with the times and to the modern game. Now We just need more individual talent and points creation before we can challenge. Hopefully brown and Foran will bring that next year.
Why did it take 23 rounds to figure this out when the opposition has known it for over 3 years??!!

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Good luck to all the boys moving on. Yes I have been critical at times this season because following your football club is an emotional thing. But no hard feelings I hope.

I just tuned into it myself to the presser and I agree, Des sounded OK he answered all the questions put to him pretty well as did JR and JG. The thing about Lichaa though is that until he got dropped to the reggies that he came back and started to play more open footy. If he was going against Des the way some believe he is then why wouldn't Des just punt him to the kerb instead of keeping him in FG?

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I just tuned into it myself to the presser and I agree, Des sounded OK he answered all the questions put to him pretty well as did JR and JG. The thing about Lichaa though is that until he got dropped to the reggies that he came back and started to play more open footy. If he was going against Des the way some believe he is then why wouldn't Des just punt him to the kerb instead of keeping him in FG?
Yeah I think Des trained the team to play with Lichaa running and a shorter passing game.
Des is a supporter of Lichaa.
No way it's Des decision not to offer Michael a new contract.
Time will tell what was the correct decision.
But have to say I admire the way Michael has carried himself in a tough circumstance.
All the best to him. I hope he gets a good contract soon.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I just wanted the Dragons out... Wee he he he he heeeeeeeeee... bitches!!

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
dead rubbers are dead rubbers,you have to perform under pressure all year
Yes sad sack, but you do what the boss tells you to do or you're unemployed. They were over coached and shackled for the last 2 to 3 years.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Board meeting Tuesday

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The alternative didn't work; Mbye, Reynolds wouldn't have a bar of playing hooker & Garvey is hardly week in/week out NRL level. Lichaa was the fall guy for the poor performances of the collective forwards in particular Kasiano, Eastwood, Tolman, Elliott; & poor rotation of the interchange bench. Answer this was Lichaa's performances any worse than any of the above mentioned? Before you answer please check the match statistics of these 5 players & tell me why Lichaa should have been the player dropped. It turned out to be a blessing for the team as it was in ISP under a less structured game plan he rediscovered his mojo that compelled us to sign him 3 years ago.
Let's remember Mr Hasler started his career as school teacher & he's treated our roster as restless students in the classroom. Paralysis by analysis!

Last edited:

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Big improvement but our current attack still wont cut it against the top teams.

I mean im happy to enjoy our finish & knocking the Drags out, but we still need some changes in attack for next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.