Hate mail for Rooster Anasta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfpac

4 Life
Reaction score
IRATE South Sydney supporters have sent hate mail to departing Bulldogs five-eighth Braith Anasta.

In a callous twist to Anasta signing with arch-rivals the Sydney Roosters, the offensive mail has been arriving from disgruntled Rabbitohs fans at Bulldogs headquarters in Belmore since last week.

The Daily Telegraph understands the Bulldogs pinned an abusive message in the Belmore gymnasium, where players made light of the spiteful mail.

NSW Origin five-eighth Anasta last night laughed off the letters, suggesting South Sydney fans were entitled to be "dirty" after he signed with the Roosters.

"They're just dirty I didn't go there and they're just telling me their opinion – that's fine," Anasta said.

That's their problem but I'm not complaining, the boys have been having a bit of a laugh so that's the main thing.

"The fans are entitled to say what they like.

"Obviously there's a few supporters disappointed I didn't go there – they're just voicing their opinion to me.

"I understand their disappointment but there's nothing I can do about it."

Contacted by The Telegraph about the letters last night, Anasta's manager Greg Willett said: "He's had a couple of bad ones."

Blues star Anasta was a primary South Sydney target for 2006, with chief executive Shane Richardson describing snaring the champion pivot as "like buying back the farm".

But despite a staggering $3 million offer over six seasons to return to Redfern, Anasta chose to sign with the Roosters and announced his decision last Tuesday.

Anasta was a South Sydney junior who represented Maroubra before linking with the Bulldogs when the Rabbitohs were excluded from the NRL.

South Sydney chief executive Shane Richardson rejected the opportunity to comment last night, saying only: "Braith is big enough and ugly enough to look after himself."

The primary reason Anasta was squeezed out of the Bulldogs was due to the retention of fellow stars Sonny Bill Williams and Willie Mason, with the Belmore club unable to retain all three players due to salary cap pressure.

The letters follow a death threat to Mason sent to the Bulldogs' Edison Lane headquarters in Belmore last year and uncovered by The Daily Telegraph.

Anasta trained with the Bulldogs yesterday in preparation for tonight's match against Brisbane at Telstra Stadium.

Bulldogs centre Reni Maitua has been unable to train all week due to a virus but is expected to play.

who here sent a letter??? come on guys its not nice :grinning:

oh well he will get over it... jack@$$

MzBulldog83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
South Sydney need to get over it

They need to let go and realise that there are other players in NRL :rolleyes:

Dog-E

Purebreed
Reaction score
He should get used to it.

Because right or wrong - Braith Anasta will be one of the most hated figures in Rugby League from hereon in!!

Mark my words - the days of simply being branded 'overrated'...will soon all seem like a PLEASANT memory to him!!!!!

Mac

lol finch
Reaction score
^ what he said

Its going to be nice to see him go to the rorters now , he will fit in nice with those bunch of "cocks"

F

fatal1

call me a whinger...but...

if that were dogs fans...the club would be fined for bringing the game into disrepute or whatever the **** it is

[FKN-SIK]

Gigidy Gigidy
Reaction score
fatal1 said:
call me a whinger...but...

if that were dogs fans...the club would be fined for bringing the game into disrepute or whatever the **** it is
i dont think they can do anything if the fans are doing it

only people associated with the club (board members, staff, players, etc)

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
What the hell are they complaining about. He didn't leave their first grade squad. he left ours. I wonder if Harrison has got mail.
The whole thing is a joke and hate mail is the lowest.

dvsbastard

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
[FKN-SIK] said:
i dont think they can do anything if the fans are doing it

only people associated with the club (board members, staff, players, etc)
You don't think they can do anything if its the fans? Where have you been the last few years?

Have you already forgotten the club fines and threats of point stripping over fan behaiviour?!

Wolfpac

4 Life
Reaction score
dvsbastard said:
You don't think they can do anything if its the fans? Where have you been the last few years?

Have you already forgotten the club fines and threats of point stripping over fan behaiviour?!

beat me too it...

just goes to show that we are the hated club in the nrl...

just because we beat gallops favourite team in the GF last year :grinning:

not fair!

dvsbastard

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
DOGGIE4LIFE said:
beat me too it...

just goes to show that we are the hated club in the nrl...

just because we beat gallops favourite team in the GF last year :grinning:

not fair!
And that's the truth... but I don't mind it so much because hate it or love it the underdogs on top, and we're gonna shine homie until our hearts stop... SO ENVY US ;)

M

MrCharisma

I think we're forgetting he still wears the Blue and White this year and he'll hopefully lead us to a back to back Premiership

D

DoggyStylz

so i guess he didnt like the mail ive been sending him? lol

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Gee some Souths fans are mighty pissed off.

F R 3 D 5 7 A

√ [ό] √
Reaction score
They trying to cover anasta. Like a protected specie. He is now a rooster, which means he is under the telecraps wings. They wont write a bad word bout him OR the roosters. Theyl make souths and dogs look like the bad guys. Even if its untrue.

How would they know he is getting hate mail??? Anasta prob complained. Geeeeee already caught the rooster whinge disease.

DogFather

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Never the less he's wearing blue n white at the moment, I hope all this hate mail bull**** fire's him up tonight!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.