No Source Hastings swap deal

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Flanagan’s last couple of games have been serviceable. I wouldn’t say amazing but not woeful putrid like majority of his games for us.

If he can be serviceable that is what we require for now. I have no doubt Gus has plans for an elite 7 in time.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The past is the past. He's here now, he dumped in reggies for months and he worked his way back and he's showing great form of late.

Also I think all of Manly and Bulldogs struggled to adapt to Barretts game plan so I wouldn't lose any sleep over that if I am Flanno lol
If we learn from our past the past becomes the past, he is doing well to fix his !
Now he should gradually work on his game if want to be a premiership winning halfback don't you think ?

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Flanagan’s last couple of games have been serviceable. I wouldn’t say amazing but not woeful putrid like majority of his games for us.

If he can be serviceable that is what we require for now. I have no doubt Gus has plans for an elite 7 in time.
That could well come in a form of a young halfback.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I agree, I never thought I would ever say this about him, he now possess leadership/captain quality material !
Captain, lol. He's nailing all the 1%ers and is definitely improving aspects of his game where he was lacking but his responsibilities have been stripped back a fair bit for the moment. Potter said it best pre game when he mentioned he's only asking the players to do things they can do and we're seeing it with Flanagan, other players and with our playstyle. Next step is obviously going beyond that and that applies for everyone and not just Flanagan.

But if your talking captain qualities please be a little more realistic and mention King or something :tearsofjoy:

Malla

Reaction score
Captain, lol. He's nailing all the 1%ers and is definitely improving aspects of his game where he was lacking but his responsibilities have been stripped back a fair bit for the moment. Potter said it best pre game when he mentioned he's only asking the players to do things they can do and we're seeing it with Flanagan, other players and with our playstyle. Next step is obviously going beyond that and that applies for everyone and not just Flanagan.

But if your talking captain qualities please be a little more realistic and mention King or something :tearsofjoy:
Ok

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Hastings had a very tough upbringing it certainly did reflect on his life but he seems to have incredibly matured to be strong willed well spoken man, if he has the playing leadership qualities of his father Kevin who for a decade carried the Rorters to success then anything is possible !!!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
In all fairness to those people we have to remember he was dumped by Robinson and struggled to adapt to Barrett's game, now he is playing well there are no more excuses...BUT will he take his game up to the required level ?
Time will tell !
Oh shit I thought we were talking about Flanagan :tearsofjoy:

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Knights had discussed a potential play for his services. Inquiries were also made with the Bulldogs but it is not expected Hastings will end up at Belmore.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Knights had discussed a potential play for his services. Inquiries were also made with the Bulldogs but it is not expected Hastings will end up at Belmore.
That's a shame, he would have been a significant upgrade

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He reminds me of alf off the tv series.

would be a fair trade imo, how long has it been since we had a gen 7.

needs to work on fitness, unless he is playing busted.
We had one & let him go only to watch him carve us up earlier this year - Matt Frawley!

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had one & let him go only to watch him carve us up earlier this year - Matt Frawley!
Frawleys show and go.

No team ever fell for it when he played for the blue and white.

The we fall for it twice. Lmao. We are such a dumb team at times

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Flanno has a home. He still lives with Daddy the flop
You wouldn't say that if you tasted dad's chicken thigh curry. It still has bone splinters in it. How do you think I became so tough?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Lol @ you herpas... still getting excited over a bloke who can't even hold down the tigers' 7 jersey. Hastings would be a significant downgrade on the 'gun. Face it, you're all clueless.