No Source Hastings swap deal

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Agree, Hastings isn’t your top tier half-back, but he is a genuine half and he will be able to steer us around and let Burton do his thing…

As a fan, Flanno is just short of where he needs to be though it’s noticeable he’s digging into the line a little more and is handling the ball more, but it’s still well short of the target state. Averillo, Wakeham and BBO hasn’t worked out in that role but I’d like to give BBO a final opportunity at some point to prove himself - Avo is sorted at #1.

Hastings gives you immediate direction and leadership, I think that may spring Gould’s interest in him, but if Moses is available, that’s an astute signing, top shelf half.
Hastings is a massive upgrade.
He is a vocal organising half. Who moves the team effectively around the park.

He is not in the same level yet but I think would be similar to the kind of direction and impact chad Townsend and Reynolds have had with cowboys and broncos.

We need a strong dominant 7.
Some people think we need superstars in every position, it's not feasible and combinations work better, I am happy for Hastings to be our 7 the perfect link, I probably shock some people I think he could become a perfect captain, importantly if Gus believes in him who are we to argue ?

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Some people think we need superstars in every position, it's not feasible and combinations work better, I am happy for Hastings to be our 7 the perfect link, I probably shock some people I think he could become a perfect captain, importantly if Gus believes in him who are we to argue ?
I agree. I wanted Hastings before he signed with the Tigers but the TBaz connection canned that

Now that he is rumoured to be a "possibility", I'm all for it

He was the Man of Steel in England, agreed it is a weaker comp, but you can't do much more than win the highest award

Seems to be a dominant voice....something we are lacking especially in our spine. Burton doesn't seem to be a big talker, same with Averillo, not sure about Mahoney but adding Hastings would give us a stronger voice and leadership that we are desperately in need of

I think he would be a great signing and if it did come off I could easily see him being the captain in the next few years as we don't have any obvious leaders at the moment

As the halfback stocks are pretty thin at the moment I hope we get him

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I agree. I wanted Hastings before he signed with the Tigers but the TBaz connection canned that

Now that he is rumoured to be a "possibility", I'm all for it

He was the Man of Steel in England, agreed it is a weaker comp, but you can't do much more than win the highest award

Seems to be a dominant voice....something we are lacking especially in our spine. Burton doesn't seem to be a big talker, same with Averillo, not sure about Mahoney but adding Hastings would give us a stronger voice and leadership that we are desperately in need of

I think he would be a great signing and if it did come off I could easily see him being the captain in the next few years as we don't have any obvious leaders at the moment

As the halfback stocks are pretty thin at the moment I hope we get him
The other benefit to Hastings is that he's no stranger to playing Hooker, had quite a few quality games there in England. Would be useful to have that option if needed.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hastings is garbage
I would rather keep Flangan he’s on the up and Hastings busted .
I tend to agree. Flanagan obviously isn’t great, but my god Hastings ain’t any better. Everyone that says he touches the ball all the time yay!! He gets in the way, inside balls all the time. Actually prevents the time playing on the front foot.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I watch plenty of football and Hastings at the right money would be a great buy for us. Averillo, Burton, Hastings and Mahoney as a spine is leap years ahead of any spine we have had for many years.
I want a spine to win the premiership and not make up the numbers. Ok it is a leap ahead but Hastings won't make a massive difference.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Even if he is better than Flanno it isn’t by much. We’d be moving sideways if we buy him. We need to aim higher

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hastings only slightly above Wakeham so why bother?

He hogs the ball and not a good fit with Burto...Gus would need to do a lot of work with Hastings to get him to fit into our club in quite a few areas...but if Gus has this plan he must think he can do something with him.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Hastings has no upside why bothet

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How’s he going today?? Assuming hands on ball a lot, yet any substance or just because

JRambo

New Pup
Reaction score
Flanagan just needs to pick his game up a little and it will be OK, a little more license with the ball. Jmk has had a great individual season with the ball but his service from dummyhalf is horrible. Flanagan gets the ball in shit spots so it's not all his fault

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hastings is slightly better than Flanno, if better at all.

Unless the deal helps us out financially it's a waste of time.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This exactly.
He is vocal, he demands the ball and he does things with it, not to mention he gets the shits with his team mates if they're not following him or on the same page.

He would be a great improvement to our team, as would Moses, as would Munster. We need a halfback and can dominant vocal one as both Burton and Flanno are not assertive enough in the halves
A half needs to talk a lot, Hastings has that gift, I don't think Flanno has it or will ever get it.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A half needs to talk a lot, Hastings has that gift, I don't think Flanno has it or will ever get it.
I agree, I never thought I would ever say this about him, he now possess leadership/captain quality material !

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah but half the people here act like he fucked their mum and they'll hate on him anyway
In all fairness to those people we have to remember he was dumped by Robinson and struggled to adapt to Barrett's game, now he is playing well there are no more excuses...BUT will he take his game up to the required level ?
Time will tell !

Malla

Reaction score
In all fairness to those people we have to remember he was dumped by Robinson and struggled to adapt to Barrett's game, now he is playing well there are no more excuses...BUT will he take his game up to the required level ?
Time will tell !
The past is the past. He's here now, he dumped in reggies for months and he worked his way back and he's showing great form of late.

Also I think all of Manly and Bulldogs struggled to adapt to Barretts game plan so I wouldn't lose any sleep over that if I am Flanno lol