Official Hastings / Klemmer Swap

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Link: NRL news 2022: Knights trade David Klemmer to Tigers for Jackson Hastings

Newcastle is poised to ship former State of Origin prop David Klemmer down the road to Concord in a player swap with Wests Tigers.

Nine's Danny Weidler reports Tigers five-eighth Jackson Hastings has signed a three-year deal with the Knights and "will start with the club within a week".

In return the Tigers will get Klemmer, who had a good 2022 season form-wise for Newcastle but is eating up a significant chunk of the club's salary cap - believed to be in the vicinity of $800,000 for next season.

The switch will free up a large wad of money for the Knights as they continue their pursuit of a classy halfback.

Klemmer, who turns 29 next month, has played 19 Tests for Australia and 14 Origin games for New South Wales, but has not been seen on the representative stage since 2019.

Many pundits believed he was hard done by to be l eft out of Brad Fittler's Blues squad this year and last.

Hastings, 26, heads to his fourth NRL club, having started his career at the Roosters then gone to Manly, which he left following a bust-up with Sea Eagles captain Daly Cherry-Evans.

View attachment 61193

Hastings spent three years in the Super League in England before joining the Tigers this year.

He helped the club to a mid-season revival of sorts, but ultimately was not in new coach Tim Sheens' plans for season 2023.
Would somebody please think of Davey boy!!!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The move makes sense for both clubs but it won't help them too much in the standings even if it gives them both better balance across their squads...

The best part is this will put an end to rumours and suggestions for us to sign either one of these players.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Ok, what if we don't sign Taupau? He's the only prop off-contract for 2023. Do you have any other prop in mind, that is available for 2023 mate? We are short on front rowers. Josh Jackson and Ava Seumanufagai retired.
I’d much rather go hard for George Williams
For 23 if any chance. If not someone like leinu.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Where's the rest of our new team, is the question on everyone's lips.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know Mutt, its Charlie Shit Staines isnt it. Lol.
They can have him, id have Averillo over him anyday of the week.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I know Mutt, its Charlie Shit Staines isnt it. Lol.
They can have him, id have Averillo over him anyday of the week.
Averillo top 6 fullback this season mark my words