No Source Hass to dogs

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Broncos have publicly said they are tabling Payne Haas the richest-ever contract ever awarded to any Broncos player. He deserves it, he has been the Broncos players player and coaches award recipient for 3 years running. He is a top 3 prop in the NRL and Gus was crazy when Payne reached out to the Bulldogs and said to Payne “no forward is worth a $million”
There is always exceptions to the rule and Payne Haas is definitely that exception.
Preston will drop Haas.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Haas can suck a fat one. We need to sign to try sign Thomas Hazleton and extend Thompson on a very reduced deal.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
When will we learn with targeting mercenaries.
We need to identify more players like Preston who are young and have upside….. and have heart.
Normally I would agree with you, but Haas is one of the very few mercenaries that can deliver on the promise, he is consistently a game beaker and a match winner and he does it for long minutes.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Broncos have publicly said they are tabling Payne Haas the richest-ever contract ever awarded to any Broncos player. He deserves it, he has been the Broncos players player and coaches award recipient for 3 years running. He is a top 3 prop in the NRL and Gus was crazy when Payne reached out to the Bulldogs and said to Payne “no forward is worth a $million”
There is always exceptions to the rule and Payne Haas is definitely that exception.
Unpopular opinion, but I think Gus is right. Aside from the horrible contracts that TPJ & Thompson are on, it's much easier to replace a good forward versus replacing a good half or hooker. Payne Haas 2.0 is much more likely to come along sooner than Nathan Cleary 2.0.

As it currently stands Haas is worth a million to the Broncos, but will that form and contribution be replicated if he were to join us? My other concern is what makes him so valuable is such a massive workload he has carried over the last few seasons. I wonder in a year or two will that impact him in terms of injuries, wear and tear and longevity. As we see now with Thompson & TPJ, carrying a highly paid forward who's not playing a lot causes immense salary cap pain.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Haas left the conversation because he saw big Preston and dropped his lollies.

When we line up against my little ponies, Preston is going to put Haas over his knee and give him a spanking
I wonder how Little Brother TPJ would react :laughing:

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Unpopular opinion, but I think Gus is right. Aside from the horrible contracts that TPJ & Thompson are on, it's much easier to replace a good forward versus replacing a good half or hooker. Payne Haas 2.0 is much more likely to come along sooner than Nathan Cleary 2.0.

As it currently stands Haas is worth a million to the Broncos, but will that form and contribution be replicated if he were to join us? My other concern is what makes him so valuable is such a massive workload he has carried over the last few seasons. I wonder in a year or two will that impact him in terms of injuries, wear and tear and longevity. As we see now with Thompson & TPJ, carrying a highly paid forward who's not playing a lot causes immense salary cap pain.
When it comes to props there is no doubt Haas is the best in the game but as a leader I believe Fisher-Harris is miles ahead of anyone,
Thompson is getting $800-850k a season, we have to ask how much more would we be prepared to pay for Haas...
I know what I would pay, but I'm not Gus.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When it comes to props there is no doubt Haas is the best in the game but as a leader I believe Fisher-Harris is miles ahead of anyone,
Thompson is getting $800-850k a season, we have to ask how much more would we be prepared to pay for Haas...
I love thommo but you can't use him in this argument. He is not worth that amount of money from what he's shown.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Thompson's next contract is sub 400k at a bottom team.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I love thommo but you can't use him in this argument. He is not worth that amount of money from what he's shown.
Do you think Thompson will be retained at his current price tag ?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thommo is all huff and puff not much action

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you think Thompson will be retained at his current price tag ?
No chance, someone convinced Lynne he was the best prop in the world. He's not even the best prop on our team lol he's probably not worth anything more than 400k and that's with the cap increase taken into account.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Haas is probably worth a million and would especially be worth it to a team like ours who hasn't had the luxury of a dominate enforcer for eons.

But how long until he drops off? Tuamololo is offering the Cowboys far less than when he re-signed
Most top players that move to other clubs are signing on potential or what they would be worth in current peak form. Hardly any of them sustain it.

The next marquee forward signing we make I hope to fuckity we are going after durability and consistency just as much as any other traits they offer.
The best ability is availability

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
4B5FE4C9-0917-4D9E-9130-BAB407252751.jpegSomeone post this please? Could there be a chance…