Hasler - "We were dumb."

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Press Conference Rd 8.

This team has to be one of the worst Bulldogs teams in decades. Football IQ is at an all time low. Between Mbye & Reynolds these two don't have a clue how to manage a game. To top it off our forwards decide to play half back & five eighth due the disappearance of Mbye & Reynolds and come up with dud plays. Playing in this team has rubbed off on Frawley because he came up with a brain snap on tackle 1 off the scrum as well.

Hasler was honest for once but his assessment is damning. That was a woeful performance. Our current group of players are just not up to it.

Last edited:
Reactions: DT

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Whats he say! Can't watch it at moment

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dumb as dog shit, a few disturbances that have crept into the game, dob the fuckwits in or don't whinge.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We were dumb? No fucking shit. What do you expect the players to do when you can't even decide who the fuck is going to be our halfback and hooker for a game. Can't believe we re-signed the Manly scum.

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Press Conference Rd 8.

This team has to be one of the worst Bulldogs teams in decades. Football IQ is at an all time low. Between Mbye & Reynolds these two don't have a clue how to manage a game. To top it off our forwards decide to play half back & five eighth due the disappearance of Mbye & Reynolds and come up with dud plays. Playing in this team has rubbed off on Frawley because he came up with a brain snap on tackle 1 off the scrum as well.

Hasler was honest for once but his assessment is damning. That was a woeful performance. Our current group of players are just not up to it.

http://www.nrl.com/rd-8-press-conference-bulldogs/tabid/10959/contentid/905919/default.aspx
Hence - we need to get cronk at all cost!
Shed the garbage

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are forcing players that have been taught to run hard, to be ball players. You are teaching ball players to support. You are teaching our backs to do hit ups.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watching the presser was as frustrating as watching that game. Nose whistling and typical Des answers. Should've hauled in Eastwood to explain that brainsnap instead of graham

Reactions: DT

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
When we play structured play (Des tactics) we're useless. Ennis gets injured and Cook comes in and suddenly we're a lot better. Ennis leaves the club and becomes one of the best hookers in the game. Frawley looks great until Des trains him.

We always look good until we follow Des' structured tactics. That's when we fall apart. That's why we work best in structured play. When a new player comes in and plays their natural game, then we're at our best. Des always manages to turn that player into a useless peace of junk.

I'm sick of it and I hate the fact that we have another 2 seasons with this useless structured play. I can only hope that we win in spit of Des.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get over it Des is the coach for the next two years. Bagging des just seems to be the easy option every time we have a loss. Sometimes the players need to be accountable. It wasn't des out there pushing shit passes, kicking on third and being on the wrong end of the penalty count. The loss today had nothing to do with our attack it was the fact we barely had the ball in there 20 because of penalties or errors

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hence - we need to get cronk at all cost!
Shed the garbage

we need cronk and foran at all cost ................to make Des look good.

lol, Des coaching can make a Qld origin team lose 8 in a row

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Don't know how Des hasn't lost any hair. You compare his Manly sides to his Bulldogs sides and it's a total mismatch. Manly were a slick and smart team under him. Ruthless as well they would put teams like the Tigers to bed in the first half. This dogs side is straight up dumb. The spine is atrocious except for Bmoz and he isn't even a full time fullback lol.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When we play structured play (Des tactics) we're useless. Ennis gets injured and Cook comes in and suddenly we're a lot better. Ennis leaves the club and becomes one of the best hookers in the game. Frawley looks great until Des trains him.

We always look good until we follow Des' structured tactics. That's when we fall apart. That's why we work best in structured play. When a new player comes in and plays their natural game, then we're at our best. Des always manages to turn that player into a useless peace of junk.

I'm sick of it and I hate the fact that we have another 2 seasons with this useless structured play. I can only hope that we win in spit of Des.
Foran can change this. He'll run the show with his experience and tell the forwards where to go. I doubt we'll see forwards getting the ball before him in attacking situations. I think atm we have too many chiefs trying to overplay their hand.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Get over it Des is the coach for the next two years. Bagging des just seems to be the easy option every time we have a loss. Sometimes the players need to be accountable. It wasn't des out there pushing shit passes, kicking on third and being on the wrong end of the penalty count. The loss today had nothing to do with our attack it was the fact we barely had the ball in there 20 because of penalties or errors
The coach always gets the blame first in every other team for good reason. The coach is the one who chooses the players. The coach is the one who sets the plays.

If your players constantly drop the ball and miss tackles then sure, blame the players. When the structures aren't working for 2 years yet you have the same structures, that's the coach. When the players fail every week and you keep them there. That's the coach. When a player obviously can't play halfback and you keep playing him at halfback, that's the coach.

We can blame the players all we like but it's the coach who makes the decisions in the end.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Foran can change this. He'll run the show with his experience and tell the forwards where to go. I doubt we'll see forwards getting the ball before him in attacking situations. I think atm we have too many chiefs trying to overplay their hand.
I don't doubt that at the start. I'm sure in the first month Foran will lead the team around the park. Then in the second month Des will tell him how he's playing the wrong style, he'll move him out of position, partner him with someone who doesn't work, and we'll be back to square one talking about how Foran is a failure just like Mbye, and Reynolds, and Ennis, and everyone.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And if you listen carefully in the press conference he mentions the lack of repeat sets. We saw that in the past few weeks but it didn't happen today. We can't blame Des for everything and yes the players have to be accountable.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't doubt that at the start. I'm sure in the first month Foran will lead the team around the park. Then in the second month Des will tell him how he's playing the wrong style, he'll move him out of position, partner him with someone who doesn't work, and we'll be back to square one talking about how Foran is a failure just like Mbye, and Reynolds, and Ennis, and everyone.

I swear I can see that happening already.

next year we will be blaming our backs not keeping up with Foran.

the pro Des mob will never blame Des for his pathetic coaching style.

dont know when the penny is going to drop for them and for Des.

Status
Not open for further replies.